2009 Nissan Versa

Available in 7 styles:  2009 Nissan Versa 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

not so bad

by lovin it from Cleveland. GA | November 4, 2013

my grandparents bought this car new and now have recently given it to me. I love the car! its so ugly but fun to drive, I have to take it into the city almost everyday with my 1 year old and the backseat is not on top of me like some cars I have driven. Its easy to navigate threw traffic and so far not a single problem.

My dream car

by RissuhhLynn from Harrisburg, PA | October 13, 2013

Honestly, this review won't be too much a great one. I've loved Versa's since I first drove one as a rental and knew my first owned-on-my-own car would be in fact a white Nissan versa, any year. Beyond happy because it's the cutest, most perfect car for me! I've had cars the same age or just a little younger as me since I was 16 so this car is beyond my dreams lol! It's so fun to drive though I notice it's easy to squeal the tires when stopping suddenly or pulling out but that's the same experience I've had with other nissans I have driven before. Only thing missing for me is an auxiliary outlet

Nissan as always

by Vad from FL | January 27, 2013

This is my third Nissan, and second Versa. As I noticed the quality of all Nissans are about 4 of 5. They do not try making them perfect. But price is also good, and reason why I keeping on Nissan. Anyway Versa costs its money. It's reliable enough, the only problem I had - suspension while drove prev Versa on bad roads (not in US). I like: fuel economy, automatic transmission is not bad at all, plenty room, good for city, silent (for that class). I do not like: driver's seat is not comfortable for my not the best back, strong side wind a bit blow away car on 70-80Mph on highway and you need to correct steering all the time, and steering itself is not perfect, I mean softer than it have to be for this size car to be good on highway. Finally it's not so good for highways when you drive more than 2 hours.

One of the nicest cars I've owned

by family chauffeur from Greenville, S.Carolina | September 11, 2012

Not only is it easy to get in and out off especially one with arthritis but I love the gas mileage. I had a Taurus previously and the Versa gas mileage in the city is the same as the Taurus got on the highway. I have a daughter who is only 5 feet tall. She finds the car very comfortable adn easy to see over the steering wheel.

Fun car to drive

by Working Soccer Mom from Tinley Park, IL | September 1, 2012

I bought this car to replace my minivan when they were doing the "Cash for Clunkers". I specifically was looking for a car that got >30mpg and was affordable. This one gets 32mpg on the hwy. I didn't get any deals on it but I did get $4500 for the clunker. The gas mileage was good on the hwy but only about 27mpg city. I really liked driving the car, it was tight and sits up higher than your average sedan. Our other car was a Honda Civic and I always felt like I was crawling out of a hole. The Versa sits up higher giving you more visibility and is easy to get in and out of. My husband who is 6'2" tall fits nicely in it. Drawbacks: very snug in back seat with two 10yr olds and an 8yr old and seems for this size car it should get closer to 40mpg.

Love/Hate

by Versa Owner from baltimore md | December 1, 2011

I baught this car brand new. Its a ok car. The fuel pressure regulator went up in this car 3 times and the whole air conditioning unit had to be replaced. Alot of it went up when it was under warrenty but i couldent understand why a new car had these issues. The good thing about this car is my husband my 3 year old and myself got into a very bad car accident 2 days ago. All airbags upfront came out, to make a long story short its deff. totaled That car did an AMAZING job protecting my family. I am recently pregnant and i walked out with only very bad bruising from the seat belt. I was told by first responders that the car deff did what it needed to do to protect us. So in my opinion i would deff recommend this car.

Nissan Versa 2009 - Not Bad At All

by Bill the Versa Owner from Lincoln City, OR | November 29, 2011

I went looks for a small, generally efficent car, and I would say I got exactly that with this model of Versa. Thus far the only problem I encountered was a flat but that was due to a nail, not the vehicle. I only need to fuel it for $20, maybe $30 tops weekly and it lets me get around town. Outside of hybrid or electric I don't think you'll get much better for managing gas. You probably could find a car with more accessories and a stylized interior but not for the price and well-rounded performance of my car.

Love it!

by ecz from Bridgeport, CT | November 1, 2011

It's a cute little car with plenty of room inside. It's easy to park & performs well on the highway. Drives well and has pretty good pickup. Haven't been through a winter yet, hoping for the best. I'm surprised that it doesn't get better mileage for such a small car. Overall I would recommend it. It's my second Nissan & I owned my last Nissan for 10 years after buying it used.

Outstanding Traveling Car for in town and out!

by Denise Mc from Mesa, AZ | October 31, 2011

I love this car for the mileage and for zipping around town. I only had to sell mine due to the need for a wheelchair van for my son. If I could I would keep it as I absolutely love it! The seats are super comfortable both in the front and back. Manueuverability is excellent, which surprised me for such a little vehicle. I was looking for something I could use for running errands and getting from point A to B.What I got was a car I absolutely love. I've owned probably about 20 cars between my husband and I, and this is by far one of my favorites! If you are looking for something with low mileage, comfort, and great for tooling around, this is your car! It also holds it's value. The cruise control is also a great feature to get. I tinted the windows which has helped with the Phoenix heat.

My second Nissan

by waterdiva from Austin, TX | May 17, 2011

Love this car! Don't let the exterior fool you, this car is very spacious and roomy inside. Great gas mileage also, I got power locks and windows plus cruise control for what my friend spent on a base model of another brand.