Nissan introduced the Versa to the U.S. for 2007. The Versa is available as both a hatchback and a sedan. This subcompact goes head-to-head with the Toyota Yaris, Chevrolet Aveo and Hyundai Accent.
New for 2009
The 2010 Nissan Versa features a few new exterior tweaks and a revised interior.
The Versa features a monotone exterior that's free of side moldings, mesh grilles or chin spoilers. The large windshield and side windows — particularly on the hatchback — increase visibility.
For 2010, uplevel SL hatchback models have a new grille design, new sport front- and rear-end designs, bodyside sills and a rear spoiler. These tweaks were originally available as part of an option package on 2009 SL hatchbacks.
- Available 15-inch steel wheels, available 16-inch alloy wheels (hatchback)
- Standard power outside mirrors
- Standard body-colored front/rear bumpers, door handles and mirrors
A two-tone dashboard slopes away from the driver with a high-mounted center control panel and a three-spoke steering wheel. For 2010, Nissan has added new available fabrics. An MP3 jack has been added to the base model, and there are available upgrades if you want to control your iPod through the stereo system.
- Available cloth or suede/synthetic fabric seats
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard 12-volt power outlet
- Optional speed-sensitive volume
- Optional power doors and windows, cruise control
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel with mounted controls
- Optional keyless entry/start
- Optional Bluetooth wireless phone communication
- Optional satellite radio
Under the Hood
There are two engine options on the 2010 Nissan Versa: a 1.6-liter four-cylinder and a 1.8-liter four-cylinder. Hatchbacks come only with the 1.8. The standard transmission in the base sedan is a five-speed manual, but there are three other transmission options, including a continuously variable automatic transmission. The other transmission options are a four-speed automatic and a six-speed manual.
- Standard 107-horsepower, 1.6-liter four-cylinder with 111 pounds-feet of torque
- Optional 122-hp, 1.8-liter four-cylinder with 127 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard five-speed manual transmission (sedan)
- Optional six-speed manual (standard on hatchback)
- Optional four-speed automatic
- Optional CVT (hatchback)
Safety features include:
- Standard front, side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Standard smart key that immobilizes the engine in an attempted theft
- Optional antilock brakes with brake assist
- Optional electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Nissan Versa
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.