2012 Nissan Versa

Available in 5 styles:  2012 Nissan Versa 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Pleasant Surprise in purchase of Versa SV 1.6

by John in Wisconsin from Wausau, WI | May 12, 2014

I bought this car for my daughter as a early graduation present in Jan 2014 to take back to school for an off campus internship during her final semester. It was "used" with 20K miles and 14 months remaining on the manufacturers warranty. I was a bit concerned with the Consumer reports rating but after a test drive the daughter and I where convinced it was a great bang for the buck. I own a Mercedes C300 4matic and the Versa has much more interior room and a much bigger trunk, yet outwardly they are nearly identical size. The bluetooth cell audio is better than the Benz as well. Next thing that really stood out was the overall comfort. We met our daughter in Indiana at school for Spring break and drove her car to Hilton Head, SC (800 mi.). The wife and I are in our mid-50's and we were very pleased with the ride and we averaged just under 39 MPG,( 3 passengers and 4 suitcases). The Versa does not have much pickup, but is very capable holding highway speed even through the mountains. I think the Versa is a great school car or commuter, most of all terrific value in the compact class.

Love my Versa

by Versa Lover Gary from Wilton, CT | January 15, 2014

The pros: good gas mileage, room for 4 adults, big trunk, fun to drive, easy to hit 80 on a highway (watch speedometer!), no squeaks, rattles, pulls, etc.) Cons: No storage or armrest (bought an aftermarket armrest with storage for $100-fixed the problem, not much power from a start (doesn't bother me). Great car if you want economy and transportation. Obviously any small car will be subject to winds and will not fare well in a crash. Be careful, save money and enjoy this really nice car.

Great little car!

by Nick from Phoenix, AZ | December 8, 2013

Bought a used '12 nissan got a pretty good deal on it. I have the SV model, and just love it. It is so quite and smooth riding! There is surprisingly a lot of room inside and very comfortable. The gas mileage is amazing for a 4 door sedan. The only thing is that it takes some time getting used to the CVT transmission; very different feeling, and does not accelerate quick enough, BUT i heard it lasts longer than regular transmission. Overall a great little commuter car! Highly recommend for the value

Most economical car I've ever owned.

by Alaskan1 from Summerton, SC | October 3, 2013

PRO: Averaging 36 MPG, 40+ on highway alone. CON: Paint on car probably my only complaint--chips too easily.

Yes , I'd buy it aagin

by Bill C. from Illinois | August 12, 2013

My Versa Hatchback has done everything I've asked it to do. You won't feel like your trapped in a economy mini car when you drive the Versa. I found it to be very competitive with similar models by other manufactures without looking like a bargain basement special. The CVT is so different to what I'm used to , but if I don't dwell on it , it seems to do the job just fine. NO rattles , well put together. I'd add a built in garage door opener, factory window tint, and maybe better cup holders , other than that , everythings good.

So far not very well pleased overall. I do like v

by ripped off from Mesa, AZ | July 29, 2013

So far not so pleased. I do like the openness and the roominess but the engine is just a little underpowered. The price I paid was not what was originally quoted. Didn;t like the sales pressure of two salesmen. I should have walked away. my mistake

No reliability

by harut_1973 from Cambridge, MA | April 19, 2013

No reliability!!!!!!! This car is piece of junk. The paint peels off all around the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even in cracks of lights where you can not reach. Not from physical damage. I went to Nissan dealer for windshield pillar paint peeled off, they said it might by from physical damage. Second time the paint peeled off in crack of back light of Quarter panel, they accept that this is warranty issue but they need 2-3 day for fixing it... and no providing car.... I have problem with door window, but I do not want even call them, they will need 5 days for repair it and I will need to rent a car. Cheaper will be to pay for fix. Even contacting global Nissan do not helped. Do not but this car, it is piece of junk. light Nissan was good car years ago, but now.....

Great first car !!

by Happy Daughter, happy family from Jacksonville, FL | March 28, 2013

After looking at different cars, we've decided on the Versa Hatchback for our daughter's first car. The test drive proved to me that I can feel secure knowing that she is driving a safe vehicle. Our salesman Joe was top notch as well. He really knows the ins and outs of the Versa along other models Nissan has to offer. I give this high ratings all around.

Good looking car, good value, good salespeople

by Yen from Tavares, Florida | December 26, 2012

We just bought this car. It's the right size, right look, right driving feel, right prize as listed here.

Nissan Versa SV

by Marty from Kennesaw GA | December 21, 2012

Bought this Versa at Town Center Nissan, Have not had it long enough to give you an experienced review. I can the computer sayd i'm getting 32.5 MPG average. After checking by filling it up twice now. I got 31.6 the first fillup and 29.2 on the second. with about 95% City Driving. The CVT transmission definitely has me wondering if we made the right choice as yet. MPG is good,price on vehicle was good. CVT gets some getting use too. make sure you test drive it uphill,downhill,starts and stops a few times before you decide.