2013 Nissan Versa

Available in 4 styles:  2013 Nissan Versa 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

35.3 Actual MPG & Not a Hybrid. lol

by Old Bob from Fort Wayne, IN | May 31, 2015

If you want a Low Cost Car w/good fuel mileage that can haul 5 adults comfortably, this is it! Get the Versa S+ w/CVT. Don't waste money on any of the higher priced packages. They're not necessary & won't earn squat in resale value. Part of my driving is short city hops, 2.6 miles to work, 1.5 miles to Grocery, etc. The other part is Hwy w/passengers on week-ends. NEVER believe ANY digital read-out. Mine shows 41.1 mpg, but in reality from fill-up to fill-up calculates out at 35.3 on paper (actual MPG). Not bad though, compared to other auto maker claims. Where's the transmission dip-stick & filler tube you might ask? None there so you must have it checked by a qualified mechanic. This will keep you from making the $2500 mistake of adding the WRONG type of Fluid for a NISSAN CVT. It is a Very Special Type. All-in-all I like this car compared to my trade-in, a Nissan Altima which was 600 Lbs heavier averaging 26.4 mpg. Beware! The Versa only weights a bit over 2400 Lbs. I'm 74 & have no problem holding the steering wheel tight against the wind so I can't complain as many here have done. I can also reach over & easily adjust the passenger mirror, lock/ unlock the door & roll up/down the window because the car's not all that wide.

heat sheild and ignition

by 2013 nissan owner from Abilene Tx | December 2, 2014

This car has given me so much problems! the heat sheild keeps coming off and now my ignition has locked up because the key is worn out! How the heck does a 2013 wear a key out in 2014????!!!! i would rather trade this car in!

Perfect car for the price

by PoolShark from New York, NY | September 3, 2014

Prefect reliable car to get you from point A to B. For the price of new car you will not anything close.

Good Car

by Gmama5 from Cleveland Ohio | March 19, 2014

I enjoy my Nissan Versa although it looks small outside its pretty roomy inside. After having years of mid size vans this has been a pleasant transition. The snow makes it kinda difficult to drive when its more than 3" though The little light with the car and skid marks comes on and your traction isn't strong. Other than this its a great car.

ok, for general transporation

by bioman from poconos, pa | January 25, 2014

no bells and whistles, just an inexpensive commuter car. 4 speed auto with overdrive takes some getting used to especiaaly in hills. somewhat noisy but ok for short trips. good gas mileage. test drove accent, rio, yaris and sentra. would have preferred yaris but versa was within our price range

Good Gas Mileage At A Cost

by Bollingg from New York, NY | November 19, 2013

I love the 2013 Versa except for it's crash statistics. The reason the gas mileage is so good is they didn't put much metal into this car. The metal frame is the seats break. If you have a accident the damage for the versa is usually around 2500 and the other car is 0.

Love this car!

by smf from Simpsonville, SC | November 11, 2013

Not sure about reliability since I just got it a few weeks ago, but so far I am loving this car! Cute, fun to drive, comfortable seating for 4, great cargo space, and good gas mileage. Everything I wanted. I got a "special edition" with radio controls and bluetooth on the steering wheel, which is a feature I didn't even know I wanted, but now I'm not sure I could live without it. I calculated the MPG around 28 and that is with a lot of in-town driving in fairly heavy traffic. I have always driven Hondas for their reliability (my odyssey had 265,000 miles on it when I traded in), but this was much more affordable. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Not safe car

by paul from oldsmar | August 8, 2013

I have had 2 major brake malfunctions and almost crashed both times in my new 2013 nissan versa . This was the worst buy I have ever purchased and the people i deal with at nissan are even worse.

great value

by economy shopper from Dallas, TX | June 27, 2013

Small & compact but yet very roomy. Lots of leg & headroom. Quiet smooth ride. Great gas mileage, very large trunk

Great value

by VersaDriverInFla from South Florida | June 24, 2013

You can't beat the price or the gas mileage! The trunk is roomy, and the back seat has enough space for my 6'2" son-in-law to sit comfortably. Mine came with a hook-up for an iphone, (which would be great if I had an iphone) and there's a port to plug my Android into. Love the bluetooth and cruise control, as well. The negatives--it is all over the road on the highway, especially when windy. The headrests have your neck at a weird angle so I turned them backwards--much better! There is no center console--I bought small plastic cups to fit in the door pockets so little things don't rattle all over the place. It took me a while to get used to feeling the a/c cycle on and off--it actually feels like someone has bumped into the car. I was told using synthetic oil might help the low-power issue. Despite the negatives, I like my little Midge.