We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2015 Nissan Versa

2015 Nissan Versa
Available in 5 styles:  2016 Nissan Versa 4dr Sedan shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Poor design

by versa2015 from Trinidad and Tobago | December 4, 2015

Although stylish and modern looking on the outside the design in the engine is very poor. I bought one of these vehicles and it was involved in an accident where someone ran into the vehicle on the right side. Of course the front end was damaged. However the problem arose after the car was fixed, I was driving it and after making a range of noises the car stalled. Upon taking it to the dealership we were told that the car has ONE belt for ALL three functions of the car including running the engine, running the ac and finally running the engine fans and that this ONE belt was damaged and this is what caused the vehicle to stall. I would like to say that the position and design of this belt is detrimental as it is located in front of the vehicle which is subject to easy damage and also the vehicle cannot run if this belt it damaged at all. For this conceptual flaw I will not recommend anyone buys this vehicle as if that belt which is easy to get damaged, is damaged, a range of subsequent problems including failure of the ac's compressor and failure of the entire car can result.

my little gas siper

by wayno from missouri | September 25, 2015

I love this car. best gas saver I ever had. Yes I would gladly recommend this car to anyone. so quit looking at mine & get yourself one today. No regrets.

My daughter was just in a crash in this car.

by Papa to Becky from Milwaukee WI | July 29, 2015

My daughter was just in a 65 mph to 0 mph de-acceleration accident in this car. The front end of the vehicle is mostly gone, engine pushed back into the firewall and under the dash. Air bags deployed. Although she was transported to the hospital, she was able to avoid any broken bones, no significant major injuries, no lacerations. The cars design and safety features did their job and she is alive and recovering.

Love this little gas saver

by stevenb1 from southern NH | July 27, 2015

I bought this car in may 2015 brand new. I have the s model 5 speed manual. I installed xm radio and so far the car runs perfect. I am 6 ft 225 lbs and can fit in this car very well. The high roof makes entry and exit very carefree. My next versa will be the SV model. I miss having keyless entry and power windows. also like the idea of the rear seat that can be flipped to make more cargo room.

Nice Car

by Establishing new credit from Norfolk, VA | May 27, 2015

Charles, Efrem and Joel are wonderful. I felt they really cared about my needs, but were limited in what they could do for me. The exterior would be more pleasing if it had the chrome handles and details on the body and better tires. I am not pleased at all with the interior, there is no arm rest, no middle console to store any valuables, no USB hook up for my phone, no GPS, the seats seem too low and its a tight fit for a Sedan. But is drives wonderfully and it great on gas. I think I spend like $23.00 for a full tank.

I'd go with the Versa SL model...

by AladdinSane from NYC | February 23, 2015

I LOVE the look of this vehicle...I'm reminded of a 1950's Plymouth whenever I see it. VERY retro looking, speaking for myself. The only modifications I would go with aftermarket would be a power sunroof and upper level audio package, power system, with a subwoofer. That would make this machine perfect, IMHO. The SL model would be the one, if I decide to go with a Versa sedan. Time will tell. I can afford much more of a vehicle, but for driving NYC streets I do believe this machine is perfect for street parking, if need be, plus I'm sure no one would jack it. Peace!

Good Smal Family Car (not for persons with Egos)

by Terry from Hubbardston Ma | February 12, 2015

"I have been impressed overall. At this point, I've owned this car for 6 months and it has performed well. My budget was small - and when shopping for a car I knew only that I needed a comfortable car with good gas mileage. I also wanted a manual transmission to save money. I originally was looking used, but the Versa impressed me because it was a new car for used car money, so I took the bait. It is a great commuter car (I do 60 miles a day roundtrip and have been averaging between 38-39 mpg - though the computer says 42, my measurements calc @ 38-39). I also routinely take my kids (teens and preteens) to sporting events and there is plenty of room for both kids and gear. The thing to remember is that this is a basic car. You'll only be happy with it if you can live without a few things. For example, you don't get cruise control, there are only 2 speakers, and no remote key-fob entry, and no power locks. The windows are hand-cranked too. The back seat also doesn't fold down to increase the trunk for longer items (though the trunk is pretty big.) I've read other reviews about excessive noise and I don't find it that bad. It's louder than most, but not horribly so. On sandy roads you can hear the pinging of sand bits. Nothing to complain about. For me, none of this stuff is a big deal. On the plus side, you get everything you really need. It's got enough power for everyday (I admittedly can't race anyone at stoplights). The manual transmission is easy to shift. The seats are comfortable. The ride is smooth (not a Buick, but pretty darn good for a small car). There is a lot of interior room. I am 6'3" and can easily sit behind my own driving position comfortably (this was important because my kids will only grow). It comes standard with air conditioning, hands free radio, blue tooth (I find all very convenient). There are plenty of cup holders and enough storage spaces. Lastly, the car just rides nice. Again, I'm sure there are better riding cars(and better handling cars), but the Versa is still good. It is even very good in the snow (nice for New England winters) - it just crawls through unplowed roads without much fuss (no Jeep,but still good). Overall, the Versa is a real good car. Just leave your ego at the door. If you can do that, you'll enjoy a good little machine.

A Great " Toad "

by "Toad" from Warwick , R.I. | January 16, 2015

I have found the 2015 Versa S is a great value for the money. I bought the Versa S primarily to tow behind my motorhome. At roughly 2400 lbs. it is one of the lightest "Toads".... (Towed vehicle ) out there. I bought the manual transmission model for its ability to be "flat towed" with no issues. The Versa S ( the base model ) is without all the frills, but is adequate for what I wanted and it runs flawlessly. It's a very nimble little car, and it's fun to drive. It gets great mileage also. Up to 43 MPG highway and about 32 - 34 MPG in city driving has been my experience so far. This would be a great commuter car or a first car for students also. It comes with blue tooth as standard equipment. Only one thing is slightly annoying about the car. The car has manual door locks. Unlocking the car for access is possible on the drivers' side only. Nissan should add a second LOCK on the passengers' outside door handle for easier opening access. There is only ONE key lock-unlock on the drivers side door handle.... which is somewhat inconvenient, but not really a big deal, but adding one would be much more convenient. The manual mirrors are OK . The radio works fine. The Heat and A/C controls are simple to use and work well. It has a rear window defroster standard also. The only instruments are the Fuel gauge , Tachometer and Speedometer. It is a neat little car for the money. It's a great "Toad" too and I am very happy with the car so far.

Uses car for Towing

New Car

by My new toy from Oak Lawn, IL | October 12, 2014

Got a taste of a Nissan by driving an Altima that i had taken over as a Lessee. When the lease was up, i decided to buy. I then said i was getting a Versa. It is what i could afford. I love it. I had Nissan put a sunroof in. Like it also. Disappointed in who they send there vehicles out to. Got my car back in a bit of a mess inside and out. Did let my dealer know. I would still buy from them again. I just won't use there people who they send out to. I'd be sure to get it done myself. Otherwise a happy customer.

Best Value

by jan from Monroeville Pa | September 24, 2014

I reviewed many cars. The Versa was what I wanted for what i could afford. I expected to drive it and not totally love it. I was pleasantly surprised. The car was very sturdy, it had more power than my Elantra. After driving it for over a week I really liked it. Then I had to fill it up. Then I was in love. I went from paying $50 a week on gas to $30. The best decision I ever made.