2001 Nissan Xterra

2001 Nissan Xterra
Available in 5 styles:  2001 Nissan Xterra 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

#4 Xterra and Counting...

by Gixerman from Greater Chicago | April 27, 2014

What can we say? Four Xterras later and we're still die hard fans Reliable, solid vehicles, easy to repair, and with a longevity to rival the best brands. A recent crash left us with a totaled front end on our 2000, right after putting $4K in new suspension - ouch! A couple days of research found us not one but several to choose from so that we could salvage as much of the parts as possible (that leaves a window of 2000 - 2004 fyi). Our "new" 2001 is yet ANOTHER one-owner vehicle, with an exterior and interior in even better shape than ours was, and with the salvaged parts, we're good to go, and go, and GO! You will NEVER regret investing in an Xterra! Even 13 years later, our 2001 fits right in along side some of today's most competitive SUVs!

I love my Ex!!

by Mickey500 from Hampton, VA | March 9, 2014

I received this SUV from my step-mom as my first car. I love that it's yellow, and it totally fits my personality. I'm only 5'2" so i look like i don't fit in the car very well, but i find it very comfortable :) The only problem i have is the gas mileage. Since it's an older car, i guess that's to be expected. But i only travel to school, and i'm out and about on the weekends, so either way it's a perfect vehicle for me :)

This car has lasted forever

by 10 Years Later... from Omaha, NE | May 17, 2012

I bought this car in '03 and haven't had any issues with it. With semi-regular maintenance, it's still running without problems, even after tacking on 120,000 miles onto it. Even though my family went with yellow, which I hate, it's still dragging along now, and probably for a long time

I loved the X-Terra! The only down-side- MPG

by JustSimplyMeM from Staten Island, NY | August 14, 2011

I absolutely loved my X-Terra, I bought it used and owned it for 5 1/2 years. It was an EXCELLENT vehicle - absolutely no complaints. I commuted to work, 1 1/2 hrs each way, 80 miles per day. This vehicle was a perfect match - comfort level is perfect; my son was over 6' tall and fit comfortably in the rear seat; even with the extensive mileage (140,000), the only maintenance that was required was the normal scheduled maintenance; the tires were replaced at 109K, yes, 109K. The only issue that I experienced was with the automatic windows; which was a voluntary campaign so, the dealership repaired them at no cost. I lost my E-Terra in December after a major car wreck; my X-Terra was T-Boned and shoved 30-40 foot; we got out of the vehicle with barely a bump on the head. Major plus: Comfort, Safety, Reliability, Dependability and cost ownership/maintenance. The only reason that I did not buy another X-Terra was that due to the commuting, I needed a vehicle that got better gas mileage; with the X-Terra, I got between 20-24 MPG, the majority of my mileage was highway. I absolutely loved this truck and I miss it; I had been planning on handing it down to my son; shame.

Worst car I have ever owned

by XterraHater from Oklahoma | January 26, 2011

I bought my 2001 Xterra for $8000. In a year and a half, I have spent $9000 repairing it. Everything from new brake pads and rotters to a new drive shaft and timing belt. This car has been a money pit and the gas mileage is worse than reported in the specs. Not a fan.

Got more than I expected

by muddytruck from Panama City Beach, FL | July 21, 2010

The Xterra I bought handles well off road, my friend got stuck in the mud in his 4x4 Bronco, and I was able to get him out even though I only had 2-wheel drinve and a much lighter truck. I previously drove a corolla and thought the gas mileage would drain my wallet, but it is suprisingly economical compared to similar trucks. The roof rack is very versitile and the basket is removable, I have plenty of room in the back for a couple of friends and my two very large dogs.

1st SUV

by Ms. outdoors from San Antonio, TX | January 24, 2010

Invested in SE 2001 in Aug. 2000. I like to cycle, kayak, etc. I leave bike and gear in SUV (truck). Easy to load and unload. Lots of clamps in truck which make it easy to secure,and plug in sockets run w/o draining battery.Highlight is the high ground clearance!. Can get off road no prob. SUV rides like a truck. Reliable, 85,000, no incidents. I keep up maintence regulary. Love my XTERRA

grate

by carlover12345 from | July 20, 2009

i have a 2001 nissan xterra it is amazing never broke down has ok pick up works hard all the time when i need it off rodes grate! what more can i ask for

my first car

by Popular nerd from | April 23, 2009

my dad bought me this car 4 years ago. when i got it the car had 65,000 miles on it. now ive got 115,000 on it. have had very few problems with teh car, did regular maintenance, oil changes, tire replacement and such. my two knock on this car is that for the driver its very uncomfortable if you are a bigger person and the steering wheel is incredibly tight. other than that this is an SUV i would recommend to anyone

GREAT SUV!!!

by Kimmers from Puyallup, WA | November 25, 2008

I love my Xterra. I bought mine brand new in 2001 and have been driving it ever since. I keep up with the regular maintenance he now has 97,000 miles on him and he still runs like a champ! I do have to agree that I wish he had the capacity to tow a camper with ease but have been told that he would require some minor modifications in order for the transmission to last. The gas mileage is 17 to 20 depending on the type of gas you purchase but it is mileage you would expect for an SUV.

Featured Services for this Nissan Xterra