2004 Nissan Xterra

Available in 7 styles:  2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4 shown

Overall

Great Off-Road Performer

by Xstatic from Columbia, Maryland | November 26, 2013

I owned a 2000 Xterra 5-speed manual and moved up to the 2004 5-speed manual. Feels sturdier than the earlier model. Has more power and you can feel it. Better appointments. This vehicle is stable, reliable and drinks gasoline like a man who found an oasis in the middle of the dessert. It's a second car so that's ok. I use this vehicle for moving stuff and camping. It's rugged and dependable. Great for hauling kayaks and climbing mountains.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love my xterra

by ReesesMonkey from NJ | January 17, 2013

I have never had a problem with my xterra, I love it. In fact, I am looking to upgrade to a newer model of the same car!

great all around sport utilitie

by jas from west palm beach florida | April 16, 2012

I enjoy driving My xterra Great all around vehicle The only downside is fair gas mileage. very roomy inside for its size.

LOVE THIS CAR!!

by Off roader from Willington, CT | October 20, 2011

Ive had my Xterrra for about 4 months now and LOVE it!!! Im looking forward to the snow (FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!) so i can play around!!

My favorite vehicle ever owned

by Nikki from Forest Hill, MD | December 2, 2010

My husband and I purchased my 2004 Xterra new and I still love this SUV. It has gotten me through many snow filled winters without any difficulties. It has proven to me time and time again why I chose this above all others. Its rugged good looks are unbeatable and its realiabilty makes this a keeper. I am a mom and find this vehicle very satisfactory for what it offers in its class. I am partial to this style over the new but I would recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive, reliable mid sized SUV. Keep up the good work Nissan for producing such a quality vehicle. I plan to keep this vehicle in the family for many years to come.

I bought a second one

by Vic Lee from Annandale, VA | October 21, 2010

I bought a new 2004 Nissan Xterra. Liked it so much, jut bought a 2010 and love it. My 2004 was a basic model. I never had any mechanical trouble.

Off-the-lot Offroader!

by XWing from Massachusetts | July 29, 2010

I bought my Xterra because I wanted the practicality of a vehicle that can tow, haul, hold child seats, and get me from A to B whenever I ask it to. So far, my '04 Xterra has shown me that it is more than capable to do all of those things, and more! The Xterra is as comfortable as my Sentra was, with good visibility for an SUV. The Frontier-based chassis is as solid as a rock, the drivetrain is nearly bombproof, the build quality is top-notch and the X is just dripping with features! 6 disc in-dash CD changer, 300W Rockford Fosgate sound system, driver and front passenger SRS, adjustable lumbar support, full power options, child seat anchors, roof rack, cargo room, factory tow package, four wheel drive with 2H, 4H, and 4L, electronic locking front hubs, factory skid plates, the list goes on and on! There's even an extensive aftermarket product market for those who wish to modify their Xterra. I am a very spirited driver, and I also off-road my Xterra frequently on Jeep trails, and it's never let me down! Best purchase of the last 5 cars I've owned.

Has it's moments

by Avid outdoorsman from Vacaville, CA | February 27, 2010

I bought my Xterra w/ 10 miles on the odo in 2004. I really didn't research it all that much. If I had it to do again, I would have waited for the '05. Overall the Xterra has been very reliable. Not one issue with it in the 6 years & 68k miles I put on her. She's more than capable on light wheeling. I tow a small trailer w/ my ATV & got around 10 mpg. City/hwy, avg 16 mpg, & I drive rather conservitivly. My only issue is the Xterra is way underpowered. Plain & simple. I had the V6 4wd and only had 180 hp. The '05 model had the 4.0 V6 w/ 265 hp. HUGH difference w/ the same mpg. She's treated me well over the last 6 yrs, but I had to upgrade to the Titan.

Lovin it

by Munchie from | May 27, 2009

I love our xterra it goes anywhere I would want it to go. It also tows anything you should be towing in its weight class. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight allaroung good vehicle.... and it looks great with wheels.

My favorite car I've ever had.

by country girl from West Virginia | July 24, 2008

I love this vehicle.I would recommend it to anybody.I have small children and they love it too.Enough room inside for a small family.

Featured Services for this Nissan Xterra