2005 Nissan Xterra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Dont get ripped off

by lOGG from | February 28, 2014

although the Xterras are awesome and i would tell anyone to get one DONT GET RIPPED OFF. i bought my for 8,000! with 130,000 miles on it!!!

Xterra Offroad

by Xterra from | January 31, 2014

Powerful, big trunk, good 4x4, bad in snow in rear drive back end comes out too easy, good in snow with 4x4. Soft brake pedal feel.

Off Roaders Dream!

by BigRedX from Southern California | December 4, 2013

These Xterras are built very solid! Extremely capable off roaders and can really take a beating. Lots of room and cargo tie downs. Seats fold up and give tons of space. I have driven mine 100s of miles in off road mountain trails in all types of conditions and my Xterra has gotten out of some very tough terrain. Great values compared to SUVs with similar capabilities.

Outstsanding source ... so pleased!

by Fugettabouttit from Houston | October 30, 2013

I worked very hard at researching just the right vehicle for my needs. I looked at many different avenues and cars.com was the top for my product source information. I located the dealer with just a phone call... test drove it and bought it within the hour. THANK YOU!

Fun SUV

by Xterra Guy from Ohio | August 13, 2013

I purchased the Xterra new in 2005. It has been a great car to drive due to its ample power and spacious interior. I have the 4wd model and it is great in the snow,...most of the time i don't even need to put the vehicle into 4wd. I have had absolutely no problems with rust or any wear and tear issues on the interior, although i'm obsessive about upkeep. However, i did have the all to common issue with the radiator breaking and leaking into the transmission around 95,000 miles. Fortunately, I caught the issue very early and was able to replace the radiator and have the transmission flushed to prevent any damage. I have driven the vehicle thousands of miles since the initial problem and have not experienced any new problems. The car is a great and good-looking car to own!

Dependable

by BB Experience from Houston, TX | April 10, 2012

This is a reliable SUV and you can get lots of miles out of it. Stick with what works and stay away from American cars.

Works hard, Plays hard.

by Mobius from Fort Bragg NC | April 5, 2012

This is one solid SUV. I bought my Xterra SE '05 in '11 with over 100k miles on it for at the time a decent price. I love the tough look exterior, and the straight forward easy to navigate, easy to clean interior. I didnt buy this SUV with the intent to show off a pretty vehicale, I wanted an SUV that can work like a dog and can play like a dog! Whenever I needed to move things around there was always plenty of space inside once I laid down the seats. it helps that the back of the seats are tough plastics with rails and tie down points for ease of use. When it came down to playing in the backroads, only once have I gotten stuck bad enough to get pulled out. But that was because I was in about 4FT of water. After being pulled out I had no trouble driving back home! I dont regret buying this SUV and would recomend it to anyone who loves the outdoors, especially to those who drive in the city. For its size, I can better navigate through a parking lot than my little coupe I had. The only complaint I have so far is the gas, 16 city, and on a flat road 60MPH steady, i can reach 28mpg. With a light foot, its not so bad.

Uses car for Off-roading

Most fun vehicle i've owned

by Shag from Rockford, IL | August 31, 2011

I have a 2005 XTerra. For being full off-road and 4X4 capable, its a nice ride on the highway. I have averaged 27 mpg on the highway but intown driving is pretty hard on my gas. It has all the options i need without all the fluff i don't. The price was the deciding factor when looking at other comparables, and i've never regretted it.

Not perfect but may be the best thing out there.

by skeddy from Vermont | April 9, 2010

I LOVE driving it. No major problems. Lots of little annoying problems right from the get go. Window regulators, tensioning belt, battery, interior bulbs. Things that should not go wrong on a 1, 3, even 5 year old car. Windows have failed multiple times. The vehicle however has never left us stranded, is practical for our needs and is great in the snow. And again - a pleasure to drive. One more thing - we had kids since we bought this. Dog goes in back now, fine. But two car seats in the back leaves NO room for a third person to squeeze in with them. This was a surprise to us.

05 X

by Kooch from Chester county, PA | February 9, 2010

i bought a 2005 Xterra S 4x4 in July of 2009 and i've loved it everyday! I live in the Philly area and this winter has been filled with lots of snow so far and this truck got me everywhere!!! Handled the snow quite well, i was passing other suv's on hills as if there was no snow. The only recomendation i have is that try to get one with VDC, Vehicle Dynamics Control, it's basically traction control. It would be quite helpful if you go out after the plow trucks come through and one of your rear wheels are on some snow and they slip a bit. In the summer i took it mudding and had a TON of fun. and took it on a few trips to the beach and had more than enough room to carry everyone's stuff. It's a great SUV for the money, especially great for a college kid like me in the NE. It's a super tough truck and inside, there's not much to it, which is good because that's less that can break. Overall i'm more than satisifed with my purchase, but wish i would have gotten one with VDC, but oh well. Oh before i forget, if you often have things in the back like i do, i would recomend getting a retractable cargo cover.

Featured Services for this Nissan Xterra