2011 Nissan Xterra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Awesome Vehicle

by RCO from Strum,WI | April 6, 2013

I have owned many 4x4 vehicles in my 50 years, Pickups, Jeeps and other suvs, my 2011 Nissan Xterra is by far superior both on road and off road, it handles all terrain with a comfortable ease. The 4.0 engine has great power even when pulling loaded trailers for work or play. I would recomend this unit to anyone, for all your driving needs, work or play, in any and all on / off road conditions.

Best vehicle I've ever purchased

by Fiddy from Iowa | January 13, 2013

Rides smooth. Quiet, gets around great in winter weather, Definetely tighter sealed than previous SUV. Love it!!!

great vehicle

by mike from Canada | October 25, 2011

seats are a little hard, but over all great ride. great sound system, large cargo capacity. lots of extras.

This is my 2nd Xterra

by shoodoobee from Denver, CO | June 6, 2011

I traded in my 2001 Xterra XE with 108k miles for a 2011 Xterra SE about 1 month ago. This is a solid, safe SUV in my opinion. The 2011 is very comfy, but there are some things I wish it had considering the price: a temperature gauge!, a decent stereo, carpeted cargo area (otherwise EVERYTHING slides around), power seats, multi-disc CD changer, Sirius radio, and finally - better/different interior upholstery and plastic. Even a drop of spilled water stains these seats. It didn't on the 2001, but it does on the 2011. And the plastic console collects every piece of dust because it has a suede-like material. I think they tried to make it more luxurious but it really is annoying how much it collects and retains dust, hair, etc. Driving-wise, it's solid, fairly quiet, and does well in the mountains (important since I live in CO). Yes, it drinks gas like there's no tomorrow - but my commute isn't bad.

Nice for the money

by NewXterra2011 from Denver, CO | May 2, 2011

I was looking at more expensive SUV's, until I came across the Xterra. First off it is one of the last REAL SUV's on the market. I had a pick up truck as my trade and found the Xterra has a much smoother ride than my truck, while at the same time giving me the feel of having a powerful machine that will take me anywhere. The cons for the vehicle are that it's interior is made of rather cheap non durable plastic (it scratches very easily), as well as poor gas mileage. I'm averaging 15 mpg in mostly city driving. It also doesn't offer some of the better accessories you can find on other vehicles, such as GPS. Other than those couple cons I find the Xterra to have lots of power a comfortable ride and ready to take me anywhere I want to.

Absolutely Awesome

by SportsGuy from Sterling, VA | February 23, 2011

The vehicle is awesome. You can feel the power and the fold flat rear seats with tie down tracks are really useful. I built an improv bike rack for the back and can just throw the bike in an go. Would recommend to anyone who leads an active lifestyle and need a versatile vehicle!

Great Vehicle for cyclists

by tman from | January 12, 2011

Interior is easy to clean. Cargo racks in the back allows for easy mounting for interior bike rack. Has lots of storage. Great in the snow and off-road

Wanted one forever

by sbridg22 from Rome, NY | January 8, 2011

Have wanted an Xterra for as long as theyve been around. Finally decided to take the plunge with the 2011. Great ride and handles the snow effectively in either 2W or 4W (I live in Upstate NY). Gas mileage could be better, but given the V6 in it and the power that comes with that, I am not complaining very loudly. The interior has no flash, which may bother some, but I think it adds to the character the Xterra has. This is the SUV for the person who is more concerned with personal satisfaction than impressing others. HIGHLY recommend.

Fuuest Car to Drive

by Off Road for Fun from Valparaiso, IN | January 3, 2011

I purchased the Xterra instead of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. It is fun to drive and handles well. I have used it in snow, mud and sand and it conquers them all. It handles extemely well in snow and on wet pavement. Four wheel drive engages smoothly and it does not gresatly impact gas milage.

Great Truck!

by Kimak from Orangeburg, NY | November 10, 2010

Just purchased a black 2011 PRO 4X with a leather interior. My second Xterra, and I love these trucks. If the gas mileage was more reasonable, I would be even happier, but I consider that the "price of admission" to some serious off-road fun. I use it as my everyday truck and it serves us very well, but my son and I have already taken it on some local small trails. A blast! And I like driving it on the road more than the Audi A3 I just had, and knowing it can handle most conditions adds to the experience. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but really, none needed. Great stereo and I would highly recommend the leather. Most importantly, it really drives...anywhere!