2014 Nissan Xterra

Starting MSRP

Overall

BUYING EXPERINCE

by Loyal Nissan Owner from Oahu, Hawaii | September 28, 2014

Most satisfied customer. Quality all around with options that fit my every desire. MPG is marginal but equal to other SUV's. I owned a 2003 Xterra and am very happy to see all the improvements Nissan has made in this model SUV. The ride for this 4X4 is comfortable and too still or rough. Handles well and provides much feel of control. Best of all this SUV has all the bells and whistles that all the other new autos have so if you are a gadget person you too will be very happy with this edition.

04 and 14 Xterra Owner

by SportModel from Orlando, Florida | September 2, 2014

I jUst replaced my 04 Xterra with a new 14 Xterra and I could not be happier. I did extensive research and read all the reviews. Professional reviewers define the Xterra as an off-road vehicle......are they nuts? This is a very refined asphalt eating machine, well suited for all pavement. If you want to go off-road, get a Jeep. There is no vehicle that has all the qualities of the Xterra at this price range. The Xterra is the best value of anything this is remotely in it's class. My only problem was finding one to buy. Most Nissan dealers have one or two Xterra's on their lot. Just like Model T's, you can have one in any color you want....as long as it is black. I had the hardest time finding a white or silver Xterra. I did not want any of the other and few colors that are available and the selection is small. I drove 175 miles to buy my Xterra, but it was well worth it. I like that it has everything that you need and has none of the things that you do not need. If you like expensive gadgets, this is not you SUV. There are lots of overprices SUV's and cross-overs on the market, the Xterra is not one of those. The 4.0 lite V6 is an awesome engine with 260 HP, it goes! I love my new ride!

2014 Nissan Xterra

by exoman from Milwaukee, WI | March 24, 2014

I just replaced my 200K mile 02' Xterra with a 2014 Xterra S and could not be happier. Yes, the design is showing it's age, but I like it. Yes, the gas mileage is not great, but show me a car based AWD which can do as much as the Xterra. There aren't any... The only 2 real competitors in this class are the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which is being discontinued. My biggest concern has been gas mileage since I would be lucky to get 18mpg on the highway with my 02'. My first tank over 200 miles of level (no wind) highway driving in Wisconsin at 70mph using cruise control yielded a very respectable 21.3mpg. That works for me and I expect to drive this vehicle for many years to come.