2014 Nissan Xterra

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2014 Nissan Xterra

by exoman from Milwaukee, WI | March 24, 2014

I just replaced my 200K mile 02' Xterra with a 2014 Xterra S and could not be happier. Yes, the design is showing it's age, but I like it. Yes, the gas mileage is not great, but show me a car based AWD which can do as much as the Xterra. There aren't any... The only 2 real competitors in this class are the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which is being discontinued. My biggest concern has been gas mileage since I would be lucky to get 18mpg on the highway with my 02'. My first tank over 200 miles of level (no wind) highway driving in Wisconsin at 70mph using cruise control yielded a very respectable 21.3mpg. That works for me and I expect to drive this vehicle for many years to come.