1995 Oldsmobile Achieva

Information Coming Soon

Overall

The olds Granny

by The Olds Granny from Ancramdale, NY | May 28, 2012

I purchased this car 4 years ago for $700.00. Because of the year of the car minor things had to be replaced, eg. cadilitc converter, muffler, tires. I am the 3rd owner of the car. I don't smoke and neither did the previous owners. The car handles beautifully, rides like a cadillac, and plows its way through snow. The undercoating has rusted away, I'm so sad because now I have to buy another car (the motor frame and front axel are cracked). I'm on disability and have been searching for a good vehicle since November, 2011. I know that there is no way that I'm going to find another car like this one in New York State.

The beginning of the End for Oldsmobile

by VentureForth from Savannah, GA | May 5, 2011

I know this review is a day late and a dollar short. And, honestly, I don't think there are very many of these available out on the open market to even consider buying any more. I bought a 1995 Achieva for sticker price. It was a base model 5-sp manual trans with the IL-4 engine. This is the same Quad 4 that was inherited from the Cutlass family. It inherited the same problems as the Cutlass Quad-4 engine, namely the fact that the OEM ignition coils had to be replaced after about 25,000 miles. The after market replacements lasted until I traded it in at 135,000 miles. I had my interior panels replaced at 30,000 miles because it fell apart. The replacement fell apart after 60,000 miles, but no longer under warranty. I had to replace the clutch at 20,000 miles when it failed on me. A wear item, they told me. Cost was my burden. The after market replacement lasted the rest of the life of the car. It was a beautiful color - forest green with charcoal interior. The seats were comfortable and the stick shift was solid. That was really the only good thing about the car. I traded it in after 6 years and 135,000 miles and was offered less than a cool grand for it. I presume that if you find a good Achieva for resale out there, you may have a beautiful exception to what I experienced. But, again, you gotta find one first.

Okay for what I paid

by Stevie from Tahlequah ok | May 28, 2007

This vehicle had 70k miles when I bought it and had 1 owner. I have kept up it maintenance and am not an aggresive driver and the transmission went out at 90k. I do not know if this was the fault of the previous owner or the car itself, but it sure has a long list of repairs all of a sudden. Not very comfy or reliable. It is however pretty safe. I had a 13 month old in the back and was hit on her door. Not a scratch on her!

A decent car I've recieved from my parents.

by Chevy trucker. from Houston, TX | November 11, 2006

This car's alright. My parents bought it from the auction. It performed pretty well, until the a/c failed. It blewed ice cold, until the it failed in 2005. Anyway, I use it to get around town, since there's no publice transportation. But yes, if you need a reliable transportation at a low cost, take this car! It gets 20 mpg in the city and around 30 in the highway! And those mpgs were estimated today. The car is 11 years old with a 3100 V6 OHV engine.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Achieva