2003 Oldsmobile Alero

Available in 8 styles:  2003 Oldsmobile Alero 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Wife wrecked her Alero

by The Happy Hubby from Dallastown, Pa | March 22, 2013

In June 2007 my wife and I puchased for her a 2002 Silver Olds Alero and she absolutly loved the car. But in the winter of 2013 she hit some black ice while on her way to work one morning, she spun off the road and hit a small diameter tree, she was not injured at all due in part to the well engineered constuction of the Alero, it really took a hard hit, and even though my wife was not hurt, the Alero that she named Buster was totaled. Buster was Busted. When we started talking about replacing Buster I asked her what she was thinking, she replied, I want another Buster. So I looked at different website and found what we were looking for on cars.com. There it was a 2003 Silver Olds Alero. The same identical car just one year younger and with 30,000 less miles on it. I went and checked it out and because I did all the maintenace on the 02 I already knew the car inside out. It passed my inspection and we purchased the car for Ben,s Platinum Motors in Hanover Pa. we got an excellent deal and the difference in price from what the insurance paid us was only 400 bucks, so for only a few hundred we have another Buster or as she calls him, Buster Jr. The Olds Alero is an excellent value with very nice styling and plenty of V6 power. In the end, my wife loves her new-er car and that makes me one happy hubby.

The Alero is a solid car.

by Texas_Investigator from Houston, TX | July 7, 2012

I have owned my 2003 Alero GLS for six years now. I bought it used. The main reason I chose the Alero was it handled great; and the one I picked had a very clean, and quiet, running engine with reasonable power. The interior is a little cheap; but if that's what your looking for go buy a Lexus or something. The only mechanical problem has been the fuel pump. The tires seem to wear out a little faster on the Alero than the other cars I have owned. Seriously, the tires get bald quickly on an Alero (I drive a lot more than the average person however). I have had a few electrical problems with it over the years, but nothing serious -- the factory radio quit on me. It is a little annoying not being able to turn the headlights off sometimes, but again no biggie. It gets reasonable gas mileage as well. I bought it with approx. 35,000 miles on it. It now has over 200,000 miles and still starts right-up and drives like a new car. I wish they still made this car, it was a good one. On a final note, many of my street-racing, "fast-and-furious", friends would praise the Alero back in the day. They would always remark that it had one of the fastest four-cylinder engines available for under $20,000 (I believe only the Acura Integra is faster). Having owned one for many years now, I can verify that it is indeed fast for a four-banger.

junk vehicle

by oiece of junk car from dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada | October 17, 2010

this vehicle sholud have a recall as they have an electrical problem. Vehicle takes 10-15 minutes to get started in mornings. Replaced fuel filter 2 times and the egnition module Still nothing

One of the best cars I've ever owned

by bcdaved from Boston, MA | October 4, 2010

I bought a 2003 4 door sedan in 2004 with approximately 14,000 miles on it and recently crossed the 137,000 miles mark. Routine maintenance (oil changes, brakes) and the car still runs great 6 1/2 years later.

my first vehicle

by Josh from Houston Tx | December 6, 2009

I bought a 2004 used alero about a year ago with 30000 miles on it i have 120 ooo miles currently and its still running amazing

Most Reliable Car i have owned

by Car Person from Lansing, Michigan | August 24, 2008

This 2003 GLS coupe will be the third Alero in the Family 65,000 miles when purchased. I have a 2001 GLS Sedan with 240,000 miles, which I purchased new from the dealer, and have had no major issues. At 215,000 miles, the 2001, had a fuel pump failure and it was replaced at the standard dealer charge of ~$900.00 and the AC Clutch Coil went bad at 205,000 miles both are not unreasonable in Michigan. I am planning to have this 2003 GLS last as long as my 2001. I recently purchased my college bound son a 2001 GX Coupe with 45,000 miles on it. These vehicles are very reasonably prices as GM has discontinued the Oldsmobile line however the vehicles are identical mechanically to a Pontiac Grand Am so parts are not an issue. Great value for a well equipped vehicle.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Alero