2004 Oldsmobile Alero

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My first car

by Alero lover from Butte, Mt | July 15, 2013

I have owned this car for almost 4 years and before me my dad owned it for 4 years. I have never had an issue with it and niether has my dad. I have put it through EVERYTHING. A huge puddle, rocky road, 7 across country road trips, and 3 wrecks. Its a trooper and always preformers amazing.

One of the best cars I've ever owned!

by No frills Car Lover from Florida | September 12, 2012

I have had an Oldsmobile Alero for 9 years and have never had an issue with this vehicle. It's not only reliable but fun to drive as well. I got this car when I was in college and if I wasn't moving up north where all wheel drive is a must, I would keep this car until it died! I've gone on countless road trips and never realized how comfortable it was until I took a long trip in another vehicle. That said, it's a no frills car- you don't get a lot of the bells and whistles you might in others but that said the sound system is great and for being only a 2 door car the trunk is HUGE and holds far more than expected (especially since you can fold down the rear seats!). It also has a V6 engine that has great zip AND is more fuel efficient at almost 10 years old then some newer cars today! I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a safe, reliable, comfortable and cute car.

LOVED THIS CAR!!!

by Alero owner! from Kingsport, TN | July 20, 2012

This Alero was originally my moms car, and I learned to drive with this car. It had a 5 speed transmission, which was really easy to learn. Everything about the car was perfect, from the way it drove, the power that came from a 4 cyl. engine, and the styling was good to. Very comfortable for a long drive to as I have went to New York state in this car 4 times from Tennessee. Only thing I think I would have changed on the car would have been the sunroof on it. It could leak slightly when it would rain. Not sure if it was a defect on my behalf or if allot of them done this. Never done any work on this car other than the usual maintenance. I would love to find another one of these cars, cause about a 5 months ago I crashed, and totaled the car. Wasnt my fault, cause I got hit by a drunk driver the veered over in my lane to fast. But i miss it, I only got to enjoy it for a year and a half, but I have been told it is similar to a Pontiac Gran prix, so i might check in on that

LOVED THIS CAR

by My Old Alero from Greenfield | June 13, 2012

This is my old car!! I drove this car for 3 years, never EVER had a problem!! I would recommend this car to anybody who wants a great dependable vehicle. I knew everytime I got into it that I would get to where I was goin without any issues. I showed this picture to my 4 year old daughter and she told me we should get it back. I was sad/excited the day that I traded this car. I traded for a 2005 Chevy Impala. I dont regret the trade but I took really good car of the alero, and was attached to it. If you are wanting a good gas mileage and dependable vehicle this one is the best choice for sure!!! Good luck to anyone who buys it and take car of her!! =)

Good Reliable car

by DMA from Boise, Idaho | January 9, 2012

I bought my Alero in 2005. Iv'e kept regular maintance up on it, out side of that have had no problems. The only issue I have had is the front I guess is called spoiler. The front end is low clearence bad when getting to close to parking dividers or some drive ways. If there is a dip in road front end hits easily. Drives good on freeway.

I LOVE THIS CAR!

by Silver Bullet from Des Moines Iowa | December 14, 2011

I bought a used 2004 alero in 2008 as my first car. Like any car it has its usual problems that you cant get around but overrall I loved this car. It was and sporty like I wanted but something I could have my niece in. Almost 4 years later the car still ran beautifully and performed like she should. This is the car you want to get if you are choosing to purchase your childs first car they are sturdy. I was recently in an accident and my car was totaled no doubt and because that car I walked away with bruises and normal minor muscle pains. And if you should have issues with the turning signals until you can get them fixed hit the emergency blinker button then flip your turning signal on and then turn off the emergency flashers and you have a turning signal =).

Great Car

by GMan from Mt.Pleasant Wi | November 11, 2011

Never had a problem with my Alero. GM should have never stopped making Oldsmobile. Now I know why my Dad always loved his!

I bought a 2nd

by Ohio Alero from Ohio | October 30, 2011

This is a Great car. I purchased a 2002 Alero in 2005, and have put 80k miles on it. The only thing I've had to do other than routine maintenance is a new battery. It's been such a great car, I bought a 2004 GLS Alero. While I share some of the same complaints about styling and interior comfort of my 2002, my 2004 has the upgrades to make it stylish and comfortable. If you're looking for an upgrade to a reliable car, go with a GLS model.

Great Value

by Iown1 from Ocean Springs, MS | October 7, 2011

I have owned an Alero and it was a great buy and very very reliable! It's a comfortable car and gets good gas mileage!!

Worst Car Ever

by Bananas from Philadelphia, Pa | August 8, 2011

I've read most of these reviews saying how great this car was and i have no idea if they know what a good car is. First problem i had, after having it for about a year was that the turn signals stopped working and when i went to the dealership they said it would be 400.00 to fix. Then the ac/heater stopped working, it only worked on full blast meaning you were either sweating profusely or freezing. Other problems i had were the battery would die constantly to which i needed a new battery. The topper was when the timing chain blew! this is all in a matter of 3 years. I was so diappointed because i also own a preowned Honda accord that now has 200,000 miles and has never had the problems my Alero has had which i bought new. Do not buy this car!!!!

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Alero