1997 Oldsmobile Aurora

17 city / 25.9 hwy

Overall

Great Car

by Tom from Fairplay, Maryland | January 11, 2015

Bought my 1997 Oldsmobile Aurora new in early 1997. It is always covered and garage kept when not in use. As of the date of this review it has just over 41,000 miles. The exterior has a great aerodynamic design and I think it still has the look that can compete with the designs of todays vehicles. The only thing I wish was available for the exterior is fog or aux. lamps. The interior was very well designed and is very comfortable on long trips. The audio and climate control systems were well thought out and work flawlessly (at least mind does). The seats with their leather skins and heat system make nice on those cold driving days and nights. On one vacation, and staying near the posted speed limit I obtained an average of 28.3 miles per gallon, combined highway/city . Needless to say I was very surprised with the mpg I got on a 4.0L V-8 engine. It also has very good acceleration and smooth performance. The transmission shifts smoothly even under high acceleration. With that said, I could not tell the difference in the "normal" or "performance" modes on the transmission shift column. I do like the where the battery is located, under the rear seat. My first battery lasted 13 years before I had to replace it. This is most likely because it is not near a high heat area such as the engine compartment. The only negative for me is that you need to used the higher priced Premium gasoline. Although it is not a supercar, I and wish it had more HP, I do love my Aurora and would not sell it for any money. As a matter of fact I would like to buy another 1997 if I could find one in as good of condition as mine! (mine is in mint, but not show room condition)

This is a great car

by Jager from Hartford City Indiana | November 8, 2007

The only thing that I see is that it's a very high dollar car when you need to fix it. But if you can buy them right as I did you can dump some money in it.

Excellent value Excellent Options

by Aurora Lover from Indianapolis,IN | May 30, 2006

An Excellent car, each penny is worth it Nice body, Full option, leather seats,Link system,power everything, Sunroof . all of that and still an Excellent Price. I would recommend this car

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Aurora