2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Available in 3 styles:  2002 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr AWD shown

Overall

My Bravada is my best friend

by bRAVADA fRIEND from Toronto | July 3, 2012

I bought my Olds Bravada brand new in 2002. It has 140K miles mainly due to frequent drives from Toronto to Ft Lauderdale. Recently I had thought a great deal about replacing it but for the life of me I cannot bring myself to part with it. It has never let me down or left me stranded. I have done all the recommended maintenance over the years and have replaced items when needed. Not cheap but certainly not as costly as the investment in a new vehicle. It has every conceivable option which came standard when I bought it. Replication would cost well over $40K. My mechanic tells me I should be good for another 60K miles which is good enough for me. WHAT A TRULY GREAT VEHICLE.

I really miss mine

by Tim from Indiana | March 6, 2012

I owned a 2002, bright red, and one of the first ones made. I drove it for 75K miles in 4 years. I really miss it. The Bose audio was the best I have ever had, and I have driven a lot. The Driver DSP mode specifically has the best imaging in a car environment I have ever heard. My Bravada was mostly reliable. I hit some debris, but two of the tires lasted the whole 75K. The brakes were original and worked great. My highway mileage was outstanding. On a trip from IN to NYC through Niagara Falls, we averaged 23.5 for the whole trip, traffic jams and all, 75mph on the highway. Ironically, mine had the 4.10 gear, which you would think would get worse mileage. I was turning 2000RPM at 65mph. I used Mobile1 oil, but I think that the 4.10 let it stay locked up in OD except for steep hills. My job required me to get new cars frequently, so I had to let it go. On paper, it is not the best out there, but it just felt nice. It still looked like a truck, but just had nice lines, great paint color, good proportions, just fit like the perfect pair of jeans. Wish I still had it...

Great Value

by Carly from Minnesota | February 7, 2011

The overall value of the Oldsmobile Bravada (basically a loaded Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy) is excellent comfort and ride quality. The interior is equipped with leather, heated seats, dual power lumbar support for driver and front passenger and complimented by the premium ride suspension which makes you feel you are in a long wheel base vehicle like the GMC Yukon XL! The smooth ride really makes any drive comfortable, this is a Premium Luxury Sport Utility vehicle. The automatic dual air temperature selectors are really nice, my wife does not have to keep slapping my hand for turning down the heat, I like it cool she likes it much warmer. The kids liked having their own heat and air controls in back as well as separate radio controls with headphones. The Bravada provides good fuel economy for the size of the vehicle and it's ability to pull 4,000 plus lbs. I get an average of 15 in the City and 19-20 on the Highway depending on which way the wind is blowing. I have done all the required maintenance on the vehicle and I have not encountered any large expenses for repairs. Changed tires 2 times in 100,000 miles, oil changes, 3 coolant changes, 3 tranny flushes, 2 fuel filters, brakes and rotors, mostly just normal required maintenance. I did have to replace the liftgate handle-strap inside the back of vehicle, it just broke off one day...and a couple of light bulbs in vehicle. I have been very happy overall with the Bravada, it pulls my boat, very comfortable going anywhere and it has been a very solid performer. Writing a review actually makes you think pretty hard about what you really have. Guys...make sure you get your wife a Valentines Present early, with a card, roses and chocolates.

Like a good pair of Levi's

by Oldtimer from Chambersburg, PA | February 18, 2009

The Bravada is good looking, comfortable and in my case, very reliable. Bought mine used 5 years ago and have had hardly any problems. It does have its quirks such as the rear view mirrors that rarely go back to the right place on start-up but just turn the feature off and they stay put. Also, forget the Michelin CrossTerrain Tires in snow or ice and get Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow tires and you will be good to go. Rides better too. Nice ride at a good price, plenty of room to haul stuff, go camping, good towing power and reasonable gas mileage on regular unleaded (saves a bunch of $). Not perfect but like my old Levi's, will probably continue to be around awhile because they fell right.

Good value

by Dave_n_Fla from Florida | November 26, 2008

Since GM discontinued the Oldsmobile line, buyers will find they have leverage when making a used car deal. Vastly better styling then the other GM triplets, known as Trailblazer and Envoy (IMO). I've find the vehicle to have outstanding performance with reasonable fuel milage for a 4000+ lb. AWD/SUV. Seats have plenty of support for larger than average height drivers. Short leg drivers might find the seats a bit big (long) wife said. Interior seems "form fitting" and has small center console with oddly placed cup holders. Purchased used (98000 miles) as a "extra" vehicle for long trips in the mountains and for towing (3500lb). My research has found most "problems" happen within thw first 75000 miles such as starter relays, fan clutch, drive train, etc. The engine,(4.2 L6)is bullet proof and has won numerous awards. Many of these engines have well over 200000 miles and continue to perform admirably. Transmission might be weak link, so maintenance would be helpful. Small problems such as storage door latch, rear window release button, seat heaters are items that plague GM products but are easily repaired. Over all the "bones" of the vehicle are top notch and will last a long time. The air suspension for the rear axle seems to be a problem area, although I have not experienced this, but many parts companies offer coil spring replacements similar to the Trailblazer set up. My search critera for this type vehicle was less than 100k, AWD/4WD, Tow at least 3500lbs. and less than $7000. I'm happy with this vehicle.

Me

by Me from Top-side of Missouri | October 11, 2008

I do like this vehicle. But one thing I don't like is that we bought it used 5 years ago and the deeler had to turn the rotors before we could take it home. We have to do this every year for the past 5 years. Now I was driving it yesterday and it is starting to pulse again. So I guess I will set up an appointment to have it worked on again. I'am getting tired of this and it is costing me $$$$$.

Nice but weird quirks

by Flyboy from Rice Lake, WI | June 26, 2007

The Bravada has many nice features but has some weird things that I don't like, every time I get in the mirrors go to some weird setting and they have to be reset, I have asked the dealership about this and they are unable or unwilling to help, it doesn't do this every time but enough to be a pain. The latest problem is the vehicle does not know where to split the power to front and rear axel, good thing this is Summer or this could cause an accident, after 4 trips to the shop and spending $$$$ I think that the latest fix might do it. I traded a Jeep for this that was a piece of junk I think my next SUV will not be an American one, I have tried to buy American but I think this is it.

Most Under-appreciated in class

by Car Nut from Grafton, Ohio | December 29, 2006

Though Oldsmobile is no longer, this model has much to offer. In comparison to it's GM siblings, the Olds version of this SUV is great. The power is outstanding for a 6 cylinder, the fuel economy is acceptable for those who insist on driving an SUV, the features offered (leather heated seats, Driver Info Center, air compressor in rear, Bose audio system, and much much more). You feel like a million dollars when driving this vehicle not only because of the incredibly comfortable seats, and for a big fella like me, comfortable seats are hard to find in today's cars. It's a great edition to my family.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Bravada