2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Great starting car

by outdoorsman from Minnesota | June 28, 2014

I've had this car for about 4 months now. I put on about 6000 miles and like the car. It handles great and is fairly fuel efficient. I get 25-27mpg in cities and 29-32mpg on highways. There was an aftermarket radio in it when I bought it so I can't tell you anything about that. the seats are comfortable and in the back is a fold down arm rest which the brothers and sisters love. When the front seats are moved all the way back there is not much leg room for the people in the back. The speakers are original and a bit scratchy but are ok. There has been enough space in the trunk for what I have used it for.

This car SHOULD have become the Chevrolet Impala!

by Moogvo from Sanford, NC | September 3, 2013

My recent Intrigue is a 2000 model, although I have had a 2002 as well. When it came time to buy a car, I already knew I wanted another one from my experience with the first one. The first one was a base model but the new one is a GL, so it has pretty much every option except for Onstar (which would no longer be compatible anyway) and the Bose stereo (which again, is okay since I was planning to change the stereo to something a bit more modern with Bluetooth anyway.) The car is just as I remembered it. Comfortable, nimble, peppy, handles more like a sports car than a family car and the body is good to look at. At the same time, it blends in with the scenery, so you aren't as likely to be noticed by law enforcement if you are being a bit throttle-heavy. Dash layout is okay for me. I will give it a 7/10. the instrument cluster is basic. There is no DIC and there are gauges that I would like to have that are missing. There is a storage pocket in the front of the center console that seems to go all the way to the front bumper. If you put small items in there, be prepared to reach way in deep to retrieve them. It could use somewhere better to put your cups. There is really only ONE usable cup holder up front. The "second" is really a space where the "muffin" ashtray went from the factory. You COULD put something there, but it will fall over in a quick right turn or you will knock it over when shifting into "Park". Seating is comfortable and there is plenty of room for us tall folks (I am 6'4" and I fit fine. I don't even have the seat all the way back as I do in most cars and trucks.) Back seat passengers will not have the same level of comfort unless they are in child safety seats. I almost passed on the car because it has leather seats. Glad I didn't though. They are really comfortable with plenty of support in the right places (for me) and the heated seats option really feels great on my back... It's like a built-in heating pad. These are not "Cadillac Quiet". These cars do not "float" down the road like full size luxury sedans. They drive more like well-mannered sports cars with great feedback through the steering and controls. It is very sure-footed and confident, and with the speed sensitive steering, you might forget that you are driving a mid-size grocery-getter. Trunk space is adequate. There is room for all sorts of stuff in there. Power window motors in these cars have a tendency to fail, so be prepared to replace one at some point. Overall, these cars are reliable budget friendly transportation. Getting over 20MPG in town and nearly 30 on the highway, while sucking up a ricer from time to time with the above average acceleration and power from the "Shortstar" 3.5L V6. At the same time, it is easy on the wallet at the pump. These are great commuter cars with a bit of "fun-to-drive" added in for good measure. This car was built on the "W-Body" platform. Sibling vehicles include the Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Chevrolet Impala and Buick Regal. The Intrigue has the best of all of these other cars. Too bad they killed it off after 2002. It would have made an AWESOME Chevrolet Impala SS.

Good car, but

by HouTexFan from Indianapolis,IN | July 20, 2013

I have my car for a little over two years, it had 64K on it when I brought it and now its got just a little under 79K. The car has been pretty good, expect for a hub issue on the right side of the vehicle and sometimes the turn signals will act up when it rains. The gas mileage is so so does pretty good on long trips, but on short trips it burns a lot of gas. If I had to do it over again I would had gotten something else, not saying its not a good car just not the right car for me.

Great used car

by bob from chicago | April 2, 2012

Love my 2000 intriuge. bought it with 85,000. Very quiet smooth ride. It now has 100,000 miles on it. Only issue that i have had with the car it those crazy dash lights, as stated by most everyone else as well. My mechanic said that he has seen this in other intrigues, dont worry about it, and i have not worried about it. would recomment it to anyone.

Best Sedan Ever!

by GoodGood Cars from L.A.,CA | November 11, 2011

I Have the 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL I had it for 10 years with 900,999 miles on it.The exterior is great sleek i have the bronze mist color it looks great when it is washed and the shiny coat of the car really brings out the exterior.The interior is great but the headrest in the back can not go up and the are down low and when i sit back there i am too tall to have the headreast but in 2000 i do not know if all the cars in 2000 had headrest like now today.the V6 engine has a lot of power when you speed up like on day i was on the highway i was in a 55 miles per hour zone when i speeded up the engine made a roar real loud.This Is The Best Sedan Ever!

Low Maintenance Car

by Intrigue Enthusiast from Indianapolis, IN | February 12, 2011

I have a 2000 Intrigue with 150,000 miles. We got the car from my husband's grandmother who bought it new. We've driven it for the past 8 years with very little problems other than the normal wear and tear. We've replaced the brakes, tires, battery, and starter. The sensor lights on the dash do stay on like service vehicle, check engine, Anti-lock brake, but the mechanic assures me there is no problems. I have also had problems with the car burning oil quickly. I hate to trade in the car, but we have a growing family and need more room. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is very durable with very little maintenance.

great car with only one drawback.

by mattco from Great Barrington, MA | January 23, 2011

my family has owned this oldsmobile intrigue for 10 years. its now got 190000 miles on it and it still runs great. it is great having a car with performance and comfort. the only thing I do not like about this car is that it did not come with a manual transmission.

Best Car I Have Ever Had

by Satisfied on LI from Long Island, NY | November 20, 2010

I bought this 6 cylinder car in 2000 and it has given me ten years and almost 170,000 miles of safe, reliable transportation with very few problems! This is the energizer bunny engine! It never quits! The seating is comfortable, the ride is comfortable and it is quick and responsive in all driving situations. Has a great center of gravity so it's even great in the curves! I love the styling and am still debating whether to replace it. I've been all over New York State with it as well as other states in the northeast. Had the transmission rebuilt two years ago as it was begining to slip just a bit - but that could have been from my driving! I had a Cutlass, bought used before this one and loved it too. I was really bummed out when GM stopped making Oldsmobiles - I think that's why I have kept this one so long, I don't think there's a comparably reliable car on the market today - with the comfort as well as the ride and power. I am considering replacing it- but every time I think about it I hate to let it go! I think I may regret it! I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a reliable and easy to handle used car. I did chuckle at the comments posted about the signal lights (my right one had been blowing bulbs for years - until I changed mechanics to one who solved the problem ) and the indicator lights on the dash too! I think there's a glitch in the electronic sensor system. I've gotten to the point where I ignore them for the most part. But I still LOVE the car!

RELIABLE

by FUBAR from | August 2, 2010

I have owned my 2000 intrigue for almost a year now. This car is very reliable and i like the power under the hood. Its not the fastest car but when you put your foot all the way down it does take off which is great. I would recommend this car to anybody, especially if you want a long lasting, low maintenance.

I love this car

by Jenna from NY | June 8, 2010

I found this car to be very reliable and comfortable. It drives great, very smooth riding. I personally have the leather heated seats and I LOVE them. They warm up very quickly and feel great. Also I think that the gas milage is good with the Intrigue. The one complaint I have is the cup holders are in a very weird spot, they're hard to use and when they are used sometimes the drinks are spilled. Overall the car is great, I am more than satisfied with it.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Intrigue