2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my Intrigue

by butterfliesrainbow76 from MId Michigan | March 16, 2013

I bought my Intrigue used , for 1,400 dollars, excellent price as it only has 125,000 miles on it, its in good condition, little rust , only a couple of small dents, runs great, has been very reliable, it doesnt ride like a cadalliac but its not bad, gets great gas milage, as a person who has primarly owned and driven jeeps, going back to car was an adjustment, but I am very pleased with my Intrigue especially the gas mileage.

high mileage

by comspro from Toledo, OH | August 14, 2011

I love this car. The body styling remains appealing and the engine is still hanging in there at 219K. Little stuff not working: blinkers erratic, fan speed w/no high level, oddly horns went out early on. Had to replace the shift handle x2. some problems with the ignition. But otherwise, an excellent vehicle.

Expensive to keep on the road

by FixMe from Mid Atlantic | September 26, 2010

This car has a srtong engine and good mpg for the 215HP it has. However, as other posters mentioned, this car can cost a lot just to keep on the road. I think for the 2001 Olds, GM must have used the cheapest rubber they could fine, then encapsulated it non replacable joints. For example, at apprx. 100,000, the power steering fluid leaked. No big deal I thought till I was told by the dealer and 2nd trusted mechanic that the entier rack and pinion system had to be replaced due to leaky joint. Cha ching $1800. Next, the brake line seals are leaky....cha ching $600, motor mounts have failed, antoher $600, A/C went out...no money left for a luxury like that! Oh, forgot, rough shifting tranny, power window swithces don't work, etc. Sure this car may be faster or better performing than some imports, but the imports don't make you pay the price of the car over in repairs. Its no wonder they went out of business.

What happened?

by Dollar from Millbrook, NY | September 17, 2010

One of the best American cars made in 2001 (according to Consumer Reports and myself). Then, of course, GM discontinues Olds. And we wonder why Japan, Korea, and soon China is eating our lunch. This vehicle has performed as well, or better, than the two Accords I owned previously. It has 123,000 miles on it and still runs like new.

First Car I Bought

by Reuben from New Bremen, OH | August 31, 2010

With this being the first car I have owned, it's been great and I have not had any problems with it. I could go on and on about how great the car is, but I'll just say this, this car is excellent and everybody should buy one!!

I'm very disappointed they're discontinued

by Rush Dittohead from Toledo, OHIO | April 24, 2008

I didn't have to change the brakes until 47K. At 85K, I had the trans serviced at the dealership for 1K. I now have 165K miles on it and plan to bring everything up to full repair. Hopefully, I'll double the mileage. Great car! Also, do yourself a favor. Use nothing but the best parts and oil on it. It's worth the extra money.

Ok car

by Kris from Lansing, MI | October 6, 2007

I bought my intrigue in 2005 with 59,000 miles. I've had a few problems with the car- and I've said many times that I was just going to get rid of it, but still haven't. At 70,000 miles I had to replace the crankshaft sensor. That was causing my car to stall when the engine was cold. Brakes and rotars are standard stuff but I noticed that I was changing them like every 6 months and I am NOT at all hard on them- so I bought new brakes and rotars with life time warranties- I highly recommend it! At 115,000 miles the check engine light came on and on the scanner it shows as a problem with the emissions- however my car still runs fine and I haven't had the time to get my mechanic to look at it- so whatever! At 124,000 miles my alternator went out. And that's all- and as you can tell I drive A LOT. This car only left me stranded one time and other then having charcol leather seats with no AC (because that broke after 100k.) this car hasn't been too bad. I don't know that I would ever own one again tho.

Not Such a Good Car

by Woo Hoo from Chicago, IL | September 20, 2007

I had this car for a brief period of time and experienced several problems with it. I would not reccommend this vehicle to others.

Best Bang for the Buck

by Buy-for-resale hobbyist from Phoenix, Arizona | April 17, 2007

The driving impression of this car is solid, firm, and ably powered. This sedan drives like a flat track race car because of its wide stance and excellent weight distribution, suspension feels "big car" solid, but nimble in lane change manuevers. High points for exterior styling- athletic and poised. Low points for interior design of cheap looking plastic appointments. Layout of instruments, gauges, controls are intelligent and organized. Interior room plentiful for four adults with ample trunk storage and accessiblity thru rear seat backs. I liked driving it in urban traffic for its tight feel and responsiveness. A very good value for used car price tag, still much life left after 76,000 miles.

Worst American Car I have ever Owned

by Disappointed with Oldsmobile from California | January 19, 2007

From the very begining after I bought the car new, I had problems: timing chain cover oil leak, misaligned door, glove compartment door that would not close. On February 2005, at 33,000 miles the transmission broke. It took a new transmission and 3 trips to the dealer, plus a rental car for 28 days, to get it fixed. From there on, it was monthly trips to the dealer for different items : rack and pinon, front wheel bearings, tie rod ends, cracked battery (2), valve cover and crankcase oil leaks, power window motor that would not work, front bucket seats that would rock, plus more transmission work. Altogether, repairs ran about $10,000 courtesy of the extended warranty. Five years later, and with only 49,000 miles in the odometer, the car is finally running good.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Intrigue