2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue

See Photos & Videos

Overall

still going 204000 kilometers

by olds driver from alberta canada | December 28, 2013

This has been a great car since new. Only just replaced the battery last month brakes tires an power steering hose. It is almost time to replace. I have driven a lot of vehicles hard to find a replacement. I am disappointed in GM not build a car like it.

Excellent Car

by Devin from Buffalo,NY | June 30, 2013

Got my 2002 Olds Intrigue in January of this year (2013) with 160,000 miles on it for $1500 bucks and Boy was that the best $1500 bucks Ive ever spent. The car needed some work done on it (Rear Struts, CV Axels, New Battery, New Ball Joints and Tie Rods, New Tires, New Motor Mounts, New Water Pump, New Rack and Pinion) but now that its all done this car is fricken amazing and in 6 months Ive put 21,000 (yes twenty one thousand) miles in it. Why GM stopped making it is beyond me. Best car Ive ever driven. So much acceleration without even being heavy on the pedal. I have gotten it from 0-60 in 6 seconds flat after a good tune up which is impressive for a heavy sedan. The interior of the car is set up beautifully with the dual climate control, exterior temp display, plenty of storage room and extra cup holders all over. The car is just so comfortable and fun to drive, Being in Buffalo,NY we get tons of snow and the Olds Intrigue with snow tires on it plows through it like it has 4 wheel drive. The best thing about this car is its is large, has power , but yet I manage to get a tiny bit above 28 miles per gallon (80% of my driving is highway) which is better than half the new cars out today with 4 cylinder engines. If GM still made the Olds Intrigue I would buy it brand new without any hessitation.

Had it new since 2002. Won't willingly give it up!

by Luv My Intrigue from MSP, MN | June 2, 2010

- I bought this new and I still love it in 2010. It's a very balanced car - good comfort (even after long distances), performance, economy, and reliability. It's a great car for tall drivers. I'm over 6 ft and have lots of room to spare (no sunroof), with good visibility. The split folding rear seat is a great feature. - The only drawback I can think of is you can't force the AC on, and sometimes the windows are hard to keep defogged in the winter when there's more than 2 people in the car. - The Buick Regal and Lacrosse are probably the closest cars to the Intrigue, but they don't measure up in my book. - If GM had given Olds some advertising money to promote this car, Olds might still be in business.

GM should have kept it

by Not 2 Olds from Florida | March 10, 2010

Oldsmobile finally got it right with the Intrigue, then closed shop. Mine has been reliable, comfortable and good-handling for nearly 100,000 miles. So what if it looks like an FBI agent's car?

I love this car!!!!

by nay7496 from Jamestown, NY | September 13, 2009

I test drove 16 cars before buying mine. I got it brand new in 2002 and still have it in 2009. It is the best car I have ever owned. I have only needed to do routine maintaince on it. I love it. I will keep this car until I cant drive it anymore. It is so comfy!! I easily fit 2 carseats in the back when i have my nephews. And while driving, everything I need is within easy reach of the steering wheel which makes for safer driving. This is a must have car!

this car has a lot of kick

by ol bud from kill devil hills, north carolina | December 16, 2008

the steering package of my intrigue is very sharp and precise. acceleration and braking is amazing. no complaints!!

Best Car for the money!

by flying old fogey from Tucson, AZ | September 22, 2008

Excellent acceleration, decent ride. Excellent fuel mileage. Very useful vehicle, with the rear seat folded down, it will haul 8' 2x4's Over 95,000 miles and it runs great. Parts available. Most repairs are easy to do. Many features that other cars do not have. Fun to drive.

Sorry to See Olds production stopped

by Olds owner from Madison, CT | July 23, 2008

The 2002 is my second Intrigue. The first one was purchased used - 1999, silver, GL w/OHV. This car saved my life in a major accident that crushed both the front and the rear. If you saw the photos you would not believe I walked away uninjured. I bought a second Intrigue new in 2002. The twin overhead cam engine always has room to move. It is smooth and has great gas mileage for a six cylinder. The wide stance and front wheel drive makes it a formable snow car. The interior is roomy for 5 and the trunk can hold four full golf bags. This is a great road car. I have owned a Volvo, a MGB, a Renault, a Porsche (2), a Saturn, and a Blazer. The Olds is a great ride that cannot be compared to my previous cars.

Best car ever!

by 2002OldsIntrigue from Ohio | August 3, 2007

I owned a 2002 Olds Intrigue GLS. The looks are outstanding (No car has a better front and side styling), it had a very guick responding engine, (0-20 in 1 sec, 0-60 in 7) (90% hp at 2,000 rpm) clean and sporty interior, and it drove like a charm. It was cetainly one of the best cars ever. That's saying a lot because I've had a Buick Rivirara and a Ford Mustang GT. Although my Chevy Impala has 18 more horses and a more luxurios interior, the the intrigue performed as nicely as the Impala and had a better interior layout. The only bad thing about the intrigue was that it had very poor parts fit. I had it for 5 years and 75,000 miles and I've never had to do a major rehaul. My wife has shilouette (amazing accerlerater for a van) and I had a brevada (another excellant performer) Overall, Oldsmobile made a great car and it was a shame to see it og.

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Intrigue