2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Quite surprised

by Taxi Dad from Washington state | January 9, 2013

We bought this van used just before I left on deployment. Being the typical guy, I was skeptical and quite hesitant on the purchase. C'mon, what guy actually wants to be driving a mini-van? This baby drives smooth as silk. We took it on a family trip (approximately 1700 miles) when I returned and I was quite surprised at the comfort and performance. My wife absolutely LOVES it! I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Must have been built on a Wednesday

by All vans should be this trouble free from MN | August 28, 2011

Going on 12 years with my 2000 GLS. I have owned many GM's but none this trouble free relative to miles driven. At 142,000 miles so far I have replaced the water pump at about 130k (easy and cheap to have done), spark plugs and wires at 100k (really difficult on this engine), rear air springs (cheap as well), and a thermostat (expensive and difficult) way back at about 90k. I have towed over 4000 lbs with it for thousands of miles and never had a problem. The heated drivers seat went out at about 100k but the passenger side still works. Here is the most amazing part. The air conditioning has never been serviced, ever and still works perfectly. That in and of itself deserves a GM hall of fame award. All in all this minivan has far exceeded my expectations and I still drive it every day to commute to work. Have never had a GM this reliable since my mid 90's Bonneville. Even the leather seats and are decent quality, (no rips or tears yet) and some of the soft touch materials are a nice suprise. I realize if you are reading this review you are looking to buy a pretty old car but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I own this car...

by Fred from | May 22, 2011

I absolutely LOVE my van. It gives me the space I need with active kids and the reliability of knowing that my family is in a good, safe vehicle. I love the ease of the sliding doors and I use the DVD players all of the time. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Pleasant suprise - good vehicle

by osuwaterboy from | March 14, 2011

I'm the 2nd owner of this van GLS model. After 113,000 miles there have been no issues other than routine maintenance. The interior is well appointed. The leather has held up like new. The power sliding doors are very useful and still work like new. I get about 21mpg overall. Performance and handling are good/average. It doesn't handle rough roads very smoothly, but it's almost always driven on pavement. Acceleration is suprisingly good. I wish it had more storage in the rear. Overall this has been a very good reliable vehicle, and is a good value when compared to other brands.

I like My Olds

by Piper from Columbus, Ohio | July 8, 2010

I see this rates as 1 out of 5. This van certainly deserves at least 3 stars. Its a good road trip vehicle. Mine is 7 years old now and little things are starting to go wrong with it left and right. But its been pretty great til now, but mechanically its fine and has been very reliable!!

not nice van minivan

by chevy Lover from Sacramento,CA | April 19, 2010

MY van was that and it blowed up on my family trip if you want a nice minivan buy a chevy venture it rocks

Featured Services for this Oldsmobile Silhouette