1998 Plymouth Breeze

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My car

by me from | June 7, 2010

This is my first car and obviously I bought it used. But this car has treated me well and I love it more than anything. There have been a few break problems but besides that this car is a champ to me.

great car

by bob from springfeild Vermont | November 2, 2009

no major problems, very comfortable, large trunk, huge dashboard, roomy thanks to its cab forward design, large window, very reliable, fairly good on gas, 27mpg city, 37mpg highway. still have it (2009) bought it in 2000. was a demo car, built in 1998. has airconditoning, power windows locks mirrors, window lock, radio cassete, trunk latch. best car i have ever owned. has around 456,000 km

DEPENDABLE

by cool breeze from WASHINGTON DC | March 27, 2009

PURCHASED FROM THE 1ST OWNER ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY!!! VERY RELIABLE!!! THIS CAR ONLY HAD 42,000 MILES WHEN I PURCHASED IT. IT NOW HAS OVER 145,000 MILES ! NO MAJOR PROBLEMS TO DATE. ONLY PAID $5,500.00, GREAT GAS MILEAGE, RELIABLE, IT OWES ME NOTHING !!!!!

It a okay car

by Lisa from Danville, VA | November 27, 2007

I have owned one for 4 years, for two and a half years it was okay. after that I got 2 oil links one in the oil pan and one around the head gasket. I fixed the oil pan, but head gasket is two expensive. I have a cousin with the same car, he has the head gasket problem too. You will have to buy plugs repeatedly and a lot of oil. For some reason on this car you have to keep replacing the bulb in the backlight.

Owned mine for 9 years now.

by Breezer from SE Mich | April 12, 2007

Over 192,000 miles and still going strong. I have the 5 spd manual transmission with power locks/windows. Still the original clutch. I'm the original owner and after the test drive it had 5 miles on it. I've long since gotten my money out of the car. If you are looking at buying a Breeze/Stratus of this year, be warned, there was a factory defect to the head gasket that goes bad in the car. Make sure the car you are buying has had it replaced, or it can/will go on you. If you can't do the job yourself ($<100 in parts) then you'll pay through the roof for the fix. My wife owned a '96 Breeze and its head gasket went as well. Aside from that, the car has been near perfect. Couldn't have asked for more from a 4 dr mid-size sedan. I still get over 31 mpg on the highway while using the AC.

Featured Services for this Plymouth Breeze