1999 Plymouth Voyager

$16–$5,672

Overall

Love this van

by lisa from wa | March 23, 2014

We have this van with 221,000 miles on it and would trust it anywhere, it has been the easiest maintenced vehicle we have owned so we bought another just like it and it only has 130,000 at this point but we are looking for a third van exactly the same model and year since we drive lots so when we retire the first higher mileage one my husband and I will still both have one, can't say enough how much I love this model

1999 PLY VAN with Low milage

by BN from North Central AR | November 27, 2013

We needed a delivery vec. for a small catering business as well as personal transportation. This 1999 Ply Voy SE came on the market as a one owner trade in with under 46,000 miles on it for a price we could afford. The dealer did an outstanding detail job on it and made it look almost new. It seemed to run real nice with a slight pull in the steering. We determined it was a bad tire and had it put on the rear until we can get a new set. We have only put 1000 miles on it as of 11-2013. Kind of hard to determine reliability in such a short time of owning it. Locally it seems to get 16-18 mpg w/o ac on although the compressor is on during the defrost cycle. The only complaint is the drivers seat is cramped, we wish it went back further. I'm only 5'8" and 160 lbs. Very nice and comfortable driving. The newer vans have stow and go seating that would be a wonderful feature to have in our case. I plan on taking to a dealer and have them go over it just because its over 14 years old and I'm a little concerned about some hoses and rubber parts with the heat in the rear. Otherwise very pleased with it. .

Literally The Most Reliable Car I've Seen

by VoyagerFan from Houston, TX | February 3, 2012

I have the 4 cylinder, and this car developed a transmission leak at around 140,000 miles. We never took it in to fix it, but just made sure there was always fluid. A stop leak minimized the leakage, but other than the fact I have to pay for transmission fluid regularly, the transmission hasn't been a problem. At around 210,000 she developed an oil leak, which I also just top-off. At around 220,000 the wiring became finicky and old. The AC compressor died at around 180,000 miles and seized up around 238,000 miles. This was never a problem for me, because the AC is more of a luxury and there was a way to route the belt where it didn't even need to include the compressor. Now, at 240,000 miles we are finally experiencing alternator problems. Our family has been the only owner of the car and it is definitely the hardest working, most reliable car we've ever owned. At 237,000 miles, I confidently took a 9 hour straight road trip from Waco, TX to Baton Rouge, LA. It took 140,000 miles before the first problem occurred. And now at 240,000, I'm just now starting to see the beginning of the end. I really do believe that this car will make it to 300,000 miles. It's a crying shame they don't make this vehicle anymore.

Economical and reliable!

by minivan mom from | April 6, 2009

I've been driving my 1999 Plymouth Voyager for 9 years and it hasn't let me down yet. I recently drove a new van and noticed the handling and ride was pretty much the same as my old van. I've had to make some repairs over the last 9 years, mostly belts and hoses. I have heard of transmission problems with the 4-cylinder engine. I have a 6-cylinder and no such problems.

Sporty Minivan and Built Strong

by Mike from Bloomsburg, PA | February 15, 2008

I love this minivan. It drives and runs great...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1999 Plymouth Voyager SE

by stooge150 from South Carolina | June 10, 2006

The Plymouth Voyager is a reliable, comfortable and economical vehicle to drive. It has enough room to carry all of my children and their things when we are going to football games, etc. The only drawback is when you put a carrier on the top to carry items when you go on a trip, it brings the mpg down substantially.

Featured Services for this Plymouth Voyager