2003 Pontiac Aztek

2003 Pontiac Aztek
Available in 2 styles:  2003 Pontiac Aztek FWD shown

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

Great car for a chemistry teacher

by Walter White from Alberquerque, NM | October 14, 2014

I purchased this car for a steal with the incentives GM offered in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. On a teachers salary it really made a difference in the payment. I found it to be reliable transportation, with lots of room inside to hold my sons crutches.(he was born with cerebral palsy). When needed it makes a perfect vehicle for someone who doesn't want to attract too much attention. Didnt have many issues with it, other than frequent windshield breakage. Oh, and it seemed is though people had difficulty seeing it on the road as I nearly killed two pedestrians on the road one night. In the end though, I decided I wanted to go for something abit nicer, so I moved up to a Chrysler 300 SRT. I will always have fond memories of this car though... WW

mixed emotions

by givin up my aztek from somewhere in ohio | April 23, 2014

i have always wanted an aztek so was so happy when I finally got a 2003 in 2011.it had 150,000 miles on it now has 195,000. it has electrical gremlins and none of my dash lights will shut off,keeps blowing out my headlights and now my gauges stop working when I drive it for longer than an hour.if someone knew about electrical then it would be the best vehicle I had ever owned but its time to get rid of it before more goes wrong..loved this vehicle

Loved it!

by Mom of 2 from Canada | August 2, 2013

I bought it used at 200k and while I didn't think it was the prettiest car, it was comfortable and had the perfect amount of space for myself, 2 kids, and a big dog. I had it for 3 1/2 years, first 2 years I didn't have to fix a thing. Third year I had to fix the break line and replace the breaks. The gas gauge stopped working but I knew I could get at least 500km per tank so I didn't really care. Got in an accident with it and it's a write off. If I can find another one I'd love to have it! I miss it so very much! The trunk was huge, being able to fold down and take out the back seats was awesome too. Super comfortable drive, great in the snow, and when we got in the accident none of us was hurt in the least.

best looking suv around.

by aztec owner from Manitowoc, Wi. | November 2, 2012

Luv the way it looks, handles and performs. Still looks brand new after detailing. Would recommend this vehicle to everyone

Love my Aztek

by Wilderness Willy from Madison, WI | September 19, 2012

I have a 2003 Aztek that just passed 280k miles. I have had to do brakes, tires, oil changes, and thats it!!! I have had to replace the recline handle on the driver seat (common problem) but everything else has been perfect. Love the way it rides, I consistenly get 24-30 mpg and my whole family loves riding in it. I wished they still made them. My wife has a Toyota Highlander and I much rather have my Aztek. Lots of fun, unique styling, and trouble free.

once a problem..forever a problem !

by elmyra from KEENE NH | March 3, 2012

I had less than 40 thousand miles and started with trouble... brought it to the deaqler..BIG MISTAKE,,DO NOT GO TO A DEALER...they want to seel you another car,, DEALER CHECKS IT FOR SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT.. TELLS ME HE THINKS....THINKS... IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE WHEEL BEARINGSS... FOR 900.OO IT MAY...MAY...BE FIXED... BROUGHT IT TO A LOCAL REPAIR SHOP... NOT THE BEARNGS... HE FIXED IT FOR 250.00 I HAVE OWNED 5 BRAND NEW GM CARS.... MY NEXT WILL BE A TOYOTA !!!!!! I AM NOW TOLD I NEED A NEW INTACT MANAFOLD GASKET...THIS IS THE 2ND TIME BEING REPLACED. MY CAR HAS LESS THAN 70,000 MILES ON IT THAT IS WHY I AM BUYING A TOYATO... I WANT A CAR THAT WILL LAST AND I WILL HATE TO GET RID OF WHEN IT IS TIME. WE WILL BE BUYING 2 NEW CARS THIS YEAR.. ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER WHO IS GRADUATING AND ONE FOR ME.....CAN NOT WAIT TO GET RID OF IT !

I love my aztek!

by Aztek lover2 from Ann Arbor, MI | July 10, 2011

I use this car for work (sales) and for everything else. It has almost 200K miles and I have to let it go. I can't afford to keep 2 cars but I need something "younger" for work. Sigh. This car can fit everything in. I wouldn't get a rally next time - hate the alloy wheels. The tires leak eventually and have to be reseated. Wheel hubs are a problem but those two things are the only real problems I've had. I am going to miss this car - it's the 2nd Aztek I've owned.

worst car by far

by money pit from Elizabeth Indiana | July 2, 2010

I baught this car two years ago at 100,000 miles its a 2003 and the next 50,000 miles was the worst from fuel system wiring and fuel pump failure, wheel bearings and ball joints, transmission going out,and the front end still feels like its going to fall apart but no one can find anything loose. i guess its just poor design over all this car is the worst i have ever owned. I think its time to buy a real american car and that is ford the best i ever owned.

A Good reliable and useful vehicle

by Bruce from Florence, South Carolina | December 31, 2009

Since I purchased this car, 4 years ago, I have enjoyed the capacity and comfort of this vehicle. It has been easy for me to maintain (I do most of my own maintenance work) and has been very "user" friendly. I have had no reason to bring in for problems. It was designed to carry large (4 ft wide, exactly) load with the rear seats removed. Ican work with it and it is passenger friendly as well. I would recommend it heartily to anyone.

Worst car I have ever owned

by aztek hater from ny | August 24, 2009

I have had problem after problem with this car. 1 owner and always had routine maintenance and well taken care of, I have had over $10,000 worth of warranty repair. Don't ever buy one of these without a warranty. Everything from head gaskets to lifter arms going to dashboard lights going out to wheel bearings, I am on my second replacement of those and my roads are pretty smooth. replacement after replacement this thing should go off a cliff. Let's just say they wonder why people buy foreign, Well I've figured it out.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Aztek