2004 Pontiac Aztek

19 city / 26 hwy

Overall

2004 Pontiac Aztec Rally Edition

by Dipper from Montrose, MI | June 30, 2014

I bought my Aztec in May of 2005. It was the dealership's showroom model and had 26 miles on it when I purchased it. Today I have a little over 75,100 miles on it. When I went to the dealership it was not the vehicle I was leaning towards. After taking it for a test ride and getting familiar with all of the options on it I was more impressed with the vehicle. When I looked at financing the deal was sealed. I was able to get the Rally edition fully loaded for less than what the stripped down 2005 models were going for. I've had my Aztec for over 9 years now and it has been an extremely reliable, safe and comfortable ride. They get a lot of grief from the appearance but it's become a badge of honor for those who own and appreciate the overall package of ride and performance.

I feel safe in this car

by Tank-like Car Lover from Tampa Bay Area, FL | May 31, 2014

This is my first car, and it is EXACTLY what I wanted. Some people online say they think it is ugly, but I think the car is just too classy for them. It has a huge cargo area, great for tailgating. It has a sunroof, a spoiled (both things were on my wish list), and best of all drivers side airbags. My biggest driving phobia (this is my first car) is being sideswiped, so I specifically wanted a van, SUV, or crossover. I wanted to be high off the ground, in case of a driver-side collision with another large vehicle. I love this car and I feel so safe driving it. It has a 6 cylinder engine so I can get out of trouble quickly and is built to keep you safe.

Aztek Rally 2004

by Laina from Milwaukee, WI | April 22, 2014

I got this car because of the price and interior look. The outside.....not what I wanted at all. I thought it looked ugly. The car received regular maintenance and was well taken care of. I haven't had any issues with the car. Other than something getting out of alignment, a dash light going out or stuff caused by street craters. It has been solid for over 10 years and over 142,000 miles. It still purrs like a kitten. It doesn't lag, acceleration is great. My only issue is the stiffness when going over poor, bumpy roads and street craters, I don't know if its shocks or struts. If GM could bring back the Aztek....make the look of it more appealing. The body and mechanics of the car were fantastic!

Bring back the Azteks!!!!

by Aztek2004 from Chicago, IL | January 12, 2013

My Aztek is awesome! When I first saw them in 2001 I liked them. Then they were redesigned, I liked it more. Then I needed a new ride, and drove one and fell in love. I love the unique design and comfy seats. I will not purchase another SUV as they all look the same and are either small or big, no perfect size like the Aztek. BRING BACK THE AZTEKS!!!!

Gets me around fine

by Walter White from Albuquerque, NM | April 21, 2012

Gets me around just fine, but I had to replace a few windshields...Oh and the stereo really sounds great too.

GM shouldn't have cut Pontiac!

by Camp Guy from Rockford, IL | February 14, 2012

I have had my aztek for a few years now and absolutely love everything about it. I commute about 30 minutes a day to work and love the feel and flexibility of this car. I run a two summer camps in the summer and constantly am hauling program supplies, not a problem in my aztek! Have not had any major issues besides regular up keep, treat your car well and it will treat you well! To the guy who said that parts are hard to find...do you not have an auto parts store near you? All GM parts are easy to get and cost less that cars from across the ocean! I hope to have this car until I sadly have to drive it to the junk yard in many many years!

Second car i have owned and i love it

by bonita from springfield, mo | November 16, 2011

i really love this car it has lots of room and is great for kids and sports equipment i love the add on it has like the tent is is nice for long drives and is a great everyday car

fat sluger

by COL from california los angeles | October 8, 2011

This car is the first I ever oned. I herd it was not hard to drive. I looked at the 2004 honda crv and said I think the Aztek relly wasent hard to drive. So I said one year after I got this is nothing but a pice of jungck.

DON'T BUY THIS CAR

by Leatta from MI | March 21, 2011

I have been having problems since DAY 1 sometimes the car starts sometimes it won't horrible car!!!! Its expensive to get fixed because its so hard to get to different parts under the hood!!!!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and look for different car!

Aztek has given 5 years of impeccable performance

by Very pleased owner from Cold Spring, Mn. | July 11, 2009

Bought my 2004 Aztek in mid 2005 and have never once had a beef about the car's performance. I get a lof of negative comments about its styling, but when a car runs this good, so what? I am 6'3" and driving a Honda required my legs and feet to be straight-away. Not good on a long trip for a 70 year-old. The Aztek is almost like a comfy chair and my legs can be down and even crossed when on highway cruise. Lousy design, great-performing car I plan to keep for years to come.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Aztek