2005 Pontiac Aztek

Available in 2 styles:  2005 Pontiac Aztek FWD shown

Overall

I love my Aztec

by chelle from Columbia,Tennessee | July 17, 2014

I have had my Aztec for 10 years. I love it. I would buy another one today if they still made them. They did not sell well back then because the dealers did not have them on their regular lots, they kept them hidden away. If it had not been for one of the service staff. I would not have know that the dealer even had them. I was about to leave without buying anything that day. I have about 240,000 miles and it is still going. I did have to replace the transmission 2 years ago after hauling trailers all the way to California from 2004 to 2007. Why did they stop making them.

10 years old. Looks and run well.

by mightytool from Morgantown, WV | November 16, 2012

Owned since new in 2003. Have had normal low cost maintenance such as tires, brakes, oil changes etc. As a family of five, we've accumulated only 90,000 or so miles since purchased. Gas mileage is average and consistent in the hills or long flat roads. Car lasted several years beyond payoff, and has proven to have been a good buy for me and my family. My wife still loves to drive it, and I do too. My sister has one the same year, and has racked up a whopping 180,000 miles, and it's still going everyday too!

Terrible

by Carz from Sedona, AZ | June 29, 2012

This is the worst car ever. It has terrible reliability. It has terrible looks. It has terrible performance. Sense a pattern? It has a very uncomfortable layout, is big and bulky. You may think it's a good value, but it's actually a terrible one, owing to the looks and reliability, mostly.

Lovemyaz

by Lovemyaz from New York, NY | March 24, 2012

I am an owner of a Pontiac Aztek, I got a good deal on it, new, because alot of people didnt like the design. I love it, it looks smaller on the outside but the back seats can fold down or you can completely remove them. This is great for anyone with kids. I was able to fit a full size mattress in it, I was moving and spending nites renovating, I needed my mattress. It is a good vehicle, mainly general maintenance is all I had to do!

The second ugliest modern American car.

by bushbetrayal from Lenexa | March 19, 2012

I love Pontiac's (except this monstrosity). This is the second ugliest American car I Have seen in my 61 years. The ugliest title to the Rambler Marlin! Whomever designed and/or approved this grand mess of a design must have hated the Pontiac brand(Probably Buick Folks). Purchased because it was cheap and because my 16 year old just wanted some wheels, anything,even this hideous thing.

The best car I \'ve driven in years

by The Aztek Lover from Miami, FL | October 24, 2011

As a previous owner of an Aztek I recomend it and regret not having it still, it is confortable, heavi, stabe Almost 300 miles per tankif not a little over, ample cargo space. In the five years I owned all I did was the regular change of oil and filters, rotoate the tire. brakes a couple of timesand tires also a couple of time. Mind you I used to drive from 100 to 200 miles daily. Interiorwhise, the watercooler was a great concept, dashboard wise it had it all at the rich of your hands, it was quiet. and for the Road all I can tell you might not be enoug. I would not hesitate in buying another one even if unfortuantely can not be new.

They Call it UGLY.

by Audiofreak8 from Youngstown Ohio | September 10, 2010

PROS...Roomy and Comfortable , Versatile and surprising how well it handles. Cons... Gas Mileage around 18 in City maybe 22 Highway. Ugly ?? I have the RALLY Edition with added Suspension in the Rear Chrome Rims and Accents and Sunroof. Mine is also ALL BLACK...looks very Sporty and somewhat Mean. Several People have commented to me "Thats an AZTEK ?? Wow they are usually Weird looking , thats Kool. So Far I am Happy with the Vehicle.

I love this car

by J9 from Burlington NC | March 9, 2009

I am looking to trade my 2001 Aztek in but I can't find one I love more...so I am looking for a used one!

Owww my aching back

by OOPS from Shakopee, MN | February 8, 2009

The first issues noticed were how the seat cups your butt into it and pushes your chest out. For a four hour drive up to Bemidji, MN this is a huge uncomfortable problem. Then the electrical failures started. First the radio(just like my G6) when you start the car, the radio pops onto a random station or the cd player will come on to a random track, weird... The headlights went out, then they started working again and now I have to drive with just brights because the low beams shorted out, weird. Sometimes the brights act up and I have to click the lights selector a few times until they start working again or shut off and on again a few times to get everything to work again.

Amazingly versatile, comfortable and handles well

by Outdoor recreation lover from Denver, CO | January 24, 2009

I have owned my Aztek for four and a half years. I live in Colorado and I do a lot of outdoor recreational activities. This is an amazingly versatile vehicle - I can carry a tandem kayak or skis on the roof with 5 passengers inside, or take out the seats and haul ladders and construction materials in the back, or fit 5 inside and open the back hatch for a tailgate party at the football game. The interios is huge and you can remove back seats to fit 2, 3, or 5 passengers with room to spare in the hatch area. Small vehicle footprint so it fits in small parking spaces. Very maneuvarable. Great hanfling and enough power on mountain roads. All wheel drive is great in winter - when all of my neighbors were stuck in 20+ incheas of snow, I could easily drive through neighborhood streets. Only problem is that the transmission failed after about 85,000 miles which was disappointing. Mileage is just so-so (about 15 in the city - I would have expected better).

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Pontiac Aztek