1993 Pontiac Bonneville

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

A Future Classic?

by Bonneville Owner from Kansas City | January 14, 2015

I got my 1993 Bonneville a year and a half ago from owners who had kept it pristine for twenty years. It has all sorts of extra options on it despite being a base model SE, including a power sunroof, leather, twilight sentinel, and the upgraded suspension that normally went on the supercharged Bonnevilles. As a result, this car does not feel or act its age, being far more comfortable and offering similar amenities compared to cars half or even a quarter its age. Driving this car is a breeze, especially on the highway where you can sit in those leather seats for hours and and still be comfortable. It also gets good highway mileage for a full-size car (27-29 mpg is my average). City mileage is unimpressive, though (15-17 mpg for me). As for power, the Bonneville has plenty of torque to get the big car moving. Its 225 lb ft. is enough to match many brand new cars of similar weight today. While the Bonneville is short on horsepower (only 170), it has enough torque and grunt to move around well enough. The interior and the trunk are ridiculously spacious. My only gripe on the inside is that the cupholders are practically useless for holding actual drinks. That probably says more about our culture than this car, though. Cups were smaller 22 years ago. The exterior is flawless, with the dark green paint and alloy wheels having aged very well. Its aggressive but smooth styling still looks good after all these years. As for reliability, this Bonneville has been about as solid as you can expect from a 22 year-old vehicle. It has needed a new fuel pump since I've owned it as well as a new transmission line, but that's it other than routine maintenance. The power antenna stopped working, too, but the radio reception seems unaffected. A couple plastic bits on the inside have fallen off, too, but that is again typical for its age and can be fixed with basic household supplies. As this Pontiac only has 94,000 miles on it, hopefully it still has lots of road ahead of it. I plan to fix up all the minor things in the spring and keep it looking as spotless as possible. I absolutely love driving this car. I plan to keep it as long as I can, so maybe you'll see it at a car show in another 22 years. Who knows?

Best car I've ever owned!

by Proud Bonneville Owner from Saint Louis, MO | April 21, 2013

I've had my '93 Bonneville for 3 years. I could have not have asked for a better first car. The car sat in a garage for a year before I got it, and it started right up, and has started right up every day since. It now has 311,000 miles on it and it still runs just as good as the day I got it. I've been in a few fender benders, bumped into a few cart racks at the store and hit my fair share of pot holes, but the Bonneville took it all. It still has the original transmission and engine. Overall, a really solid car.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Bonneville