See Also: 1997 Pontiac SSE

1997 Pontiac Bonneville

Available in 1 styles:  Bonneville 4dr Sedan SE shown

19 city / 28 hwy

Overall

fantastic car-you won't be dissaponted!

by miss leedee from missouri | August 7, 2010

We have owned a 95 bonneville and now a 97. Both were bought used in good condition. Everyone who rides with us is impressed with the comfort! We love the mileage--always at least 25/27 sometimes better. never had any window or seat motors or any other accesory. My kids have put the upholstery throught the paces...I have the inside professionally cleaned every once in a while (have used by own home steam vac also) the upholstery comes back to virtually brand new. The trunk is huge...! and has a pass through to the back seat....so I have hauled lumber fishing poles etc many times. I now have three kids and am looking for something to haul their friends as well.....if it weren't for that I would keep buying these cars!

Nothing will stop this car

by 97 Bonneville SSEi from Minneapolis, MN | April 16, 2009

I am on my 5th year with this car. I purchased it from the original owner in 2004 with under 50,000 miles. It was well taken care of and I continued that so it is in bizarly nice condition. I only bought this car because of the Supercharged engine. A supercharger is an amazing thing. This car will compete with most any vehicle around especially when passing. So far I have not put a dollar into anything as nothing goes wrong except the maintenance items such as brakes and tires and unfortunatly suspension. It is the computer controlled, air ride suspension and simply does not work. What a mistake on GM's part. This car handles worse than probably every single car on the road. I am at 98,000 miles now in April 2009 and expect things to start going wrong. No car can last this long trouble free. I would bet that if this car was treated just average it would not have held up this well. Overall this is a nice car, with mediocre build quality and a reliable, ultra-strong engine. I still get compliments, mostly due to its condition which says a lot for a 12 year old car. I wish all vehicles were supercharged.

1997 Pontiac Bonneville SE

by Car Guru WH from Coon Rapids, MN | January 15, 2009

I took over this car from my grandparents three years ago at 100,000 miles. It now has 140,000 and is still running strong. This old, the car starts to make noises and creaks, but that is expected out of any car. I have the leather seats, and I truly believe they are the most comfortable seats in any car to this day. The gas mileage of the car is great. I continue to get 29 mpg on the highway out of a car that is 12 years old. It is a comfortable highway cruiser. Not very nimble in town. The car is definitely a boat, but comfortable, spacious. The engine is unbelievable. More power than you need on any normal day. Passing power in the highway is always willing to get the job done. The car does well on regular oil changes and tire rotations. Everyone in a while, the spark plugs need to be changed just like any other car. Don't need to worry about extra spending when maintaining this car. It's a great car, the paint still sparkles at 140,000 miles. I couldn't ask for a better car straight outta college.

It's pretty smooth.

by Detroit Resident from Detroit, MI | March 27, 2007

I like my Bonneville because it's very smooth on the road, and very quiet on the inside. After 100,00 miles the car's engine starts to act up; however, the repairs were generally not too expensive when compared to more expensive vehicles and sports cars. It's fast for a daily driving sedan.

Very reliable car

by Flyingfinn from Prentice, WI | August 15, 2006

Is a great handling car, good fuel milage, seats are very comfortable. Passing performance is excellent, and love the dash and panel layout. The Bose stereo system is second to none.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Bonneville