See Also: 1998 Pontiac Bonneville

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Excellent Vehicle

by Bonneville Owner from Indiana | August 22, 2011

I have owned many cars in my 14 years on the road. This car was by far the most reliable I have ever purchased. It is fast, spacious, and very comfortable. The only problems I ever had were ones that could be fixed at any local mechanics shop. (belts, battery, brakes, and other problems that go wrong on any automobile.) My Bonneville has 170,000 miles on it and still runs and shifts great. I really know nothing about transmissions but the 3800 engine is a real example of American craftsmanship. I would recommend this vehicle to any of my family members. I work for the railroad NOT a car company.

Good, fast car

by Hellothere from Orlando, Fl | July 25, 2011

My 1998 Bonneville has 61,000 miles on it. Since we have owned it, which is only 2 1/2 months, we have had to change the transmission fluid, fix a crack in the fan belt, and replace the O2 sensor due to the check engine light coming on. The car had been sitting for about 2 years before I acquired it. My favorite thing about this car is the engine. I only have the base 205 HP 3.8 litre V6, but it still has plenty of power. You can merge, take off from a stoplight, and pass with ease. This is also a big car, which can fit four adults comfortably. The car's handling is just ok, with a fair amount of body lean in turns, but it is a fast family car.

I'll miss her!

by tkruz from Wisconsin | September 9, 2010

Wonderful car. Has 205,000 on it and she is showing interior wear. 98 SSEI that I changed out the pneumatic suspension at 120K and had one wheel bearing go. If the wife stops hitting deer we would have gotten more. Leather seats are wore. And the nine position seats don't always work. Would love to have this car again.....sigh!

Best Car!

by Pontiac CRAZY MAN from Waverly, Ohio | April 12, 2010

This is no doubt the best car. Everything is good. AMAZING POWER!!!! even the SE version. Sounds very very VERY good, rides good, great in snow etc. Mine is sliver and bought it new in 99. ONLY problerm was leaking gas and that was from salt on the roads. Have no second though. To show you the power go to youtube and type in the year and model and make and you will be right in the driver seat next day no doubt! SSEi even has a supercharger. Finally, it gets way better miles to the gallon that it says.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned yet

by spy dog from | August 7, 2009

my last pontiac bonnaville SSEI had 432043 miles on it it is a fun car to drive good in winter cheap to fix and has a good crash rating so it is also a safe car plenty of power

Good car

by joe from | January 19, 2009

Gret car overall good gas mileage ad great performance with supercharger just beware that the supercharger has a separate oil system so when you change the motor oil change the oil in the supercharger ive seen many complaints about the supercharger going out because people dont know that you have to change the oil in the supercharger with that being said this car is very reliable and it has served me well

My SSEI

by Jon from | November 12, 2008

The car diver like a dream and I'm confident that the motor could go for about 500000 strong before giving the only problems I have seen are with the AC system and the supercharger belt (SSEI) theu have both broken 2 times. Over all sweet car.

My Bonnie

by Girl in the Gold Bonnie from Philadelphia, PA | June 4, 2008

I've had this car for about two years now, and it currently has about 147,000 miles on it. I've had to get some work done on it (alignment, rack and pinion,few others), but overall this is a great car; its stylish and don't underestimate her speed! Pontiac should continue making Bonnevilles.

Bonni car guy

by h3im3r from Minneapolis, MN | June 20, 2007

Great everyday car with nice engine power. All is good with these cars except for poor transmission life.

Featured Services for this Pontiac SSE