2002 Pontiac Bonneville

Available in 3 styles:  2002 Pontiac Bonneville 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Black Beauty

by Billgt6 from Delafield, WI | January 25, 2014

I bought my black 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SLE new, using my 1996 Bonneville as a trade-in. I call the new one "Black Beauty". My son called it "A BMW on steroids." It now has only 72,000 miles on it, and its first set of new tires. Traffic fuel use is about 26 mpg. I drove it from Milwaukee to Los Angeles and back in October 2012 and got 31 mpg on that trip. Sunroof, heated leather seats, sporty rims, very neat car. When my now-adult son borrowed and crashed it on black ice in December 2013, I chose to have it repaired rather than look for a replacement. I wish GM kept making them.

The Car GM Should Have Kept

by Old Guy Rodder from Cedar Rapids, IA | January 2, 2012

I recently bought my 3rd Pontiac Bonneville; a 2002 Black on Grey SLE. The Bonnevilles are the GM car I will miss the most with their restructuring. The bigger car ride, smaller car handling, full instrumentation and adult styling made the Bonnies an all-American car. The 3800 engine is very hard to fault and this car can easily last 200,000 miles with modest attention. My wife probably summed it up best when she said "This car has more testosterone in it than any man deserves". A good ride!

Love the Bonneville

by chicagosport from Ottawa, IL | April 15, 2011

I bought my Boneville new in 2002 and I love it. I wish they continuing making them. I have a family of four, and we all fit comfotably, but it has a sporty look, so I like the idea that I'm a "cool" mom. It's roomy, and I've never had any major probelms with it.

best value

by 3800 from Rochester, MN | October 15, 2010

Very nice car with excellent reliability!! This car also gets 30 MPG! The ride is very smooth and not lacking horsepower.

Looks great! Mechanical Nightmare!

by Okoboji Guy from Okoboji, IA | August 16, 2010

2002 Bonneville SLE Owned this car for 4 years and purchased with 60k miles. Car is very comfortable, loaded, and handles perfectly. However since buying the car we have had to fix numerous minor engine problems, both rear windows have failed, moonroof assembly and motor broke, gas gauge doesn't work, interior lighting always blows the fuse, climate control fan stopped working, and both front heated seats stopped working. On top of all of this the 2002 parts are extremely expensive because they were only made for that particular year. Overall this car is in need of continuous repairs...

My Dream Car Bonneville SSEi

by CarTrend from Lima ohio | April 19, 2010

This car has everything. The SSEi with all the features is the best of all sport luxury. Very glad I bought one. Very hard to find because once you buy and SSEi, you never turn it loose, except on the road.

buyer beware

by stranded in the roc from Rochester,ny | January 11, 2010

I bought a 2001 Bonneville sle July of 2007. It had 70000 miles on it and when i test drove it i was very impressed. I also researched it and had my mechanic look it over. He said the car was well kept. Well after 4 months the back window regulator broke the tires need to be replaced and i needed a front end alignment. 6 months later my check engine went on and need too replace a mass air flow sensor and the oil sensor. Needless to say i just brought the car back to the shop for my inspection and i got a list of repairs that will cost me over a grand. Take my advice, buy a different car. It may look awesome, but it is not worth it.

Great Car!

by Bunny from Michigan | October 5, 2009

I have a SSEI 2000 and purchased it used with 34,000 miles on it. I now have 135,000 miles and on it and it is one the most reliable vehicles I have owned. The super-charged engine gives me a lot of power to use, when I need it. I did have a problem with the power windows, but to me that is minor. I live in Michigan and it has survived the long winters without any problems. It is good in snow and easy to handle. I wish they would have kept on making them because I would purchase a new one. It is hard to find a good used one around.

SSEi has some warts, but performance is great

by pontiac nut from Wisconsin | January 22, 2009

I really like the SSEi for its performance. I had to replace both front wheel bearings at 85,000 miles. The garage where I had the work done said this is a common problem with almost all cars as the bearings are a sealed unit and cannot be lubricated. I also had the window problem, but I rarely have anyone in the back seat so I'll let that one go. Good car!

Great

by The sportier the better from KS | July 20, 2007

Very sporty but practical! Must drive to see what pep it has. For a V6 I must say, it gets up and goes.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Bonneville