2004 Pontiac Bonneville

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not interested salesman

by gxp buyer from Polson Mt. | November 16, 2012

Was really interested in a gxp they have on there lot. Saleman not very interested in selling car, really vague on condition of car. When I would question him on carfax he would dance around question. Then just doesnt return call like he said.

The best car ever!!

by Urma from | September 15, 2012

I love my Bonneville!! I'm very happy with it's performance!! Inside and out I love it, especially the V8!!

Excellent Car - Know What You Are Getting Into

by V8 Muscle from Minneapolis, MN | February 1, 2012

I have an '04 Pontiac Bonneville GXP and overall, I love the car. It has a very smooth ride, sporty styling especially for a 4-door sedan, and has plenty of power with the Northstar V8 (@275hp). Plus its FWD with traction control so it handles snow, rain quite well. Even with the V8, I've been getting 15-17 mpg city and 22-25 mpg hwy. Although I really enjoy this car, the quality can be a little suspect at times. I've had to fix/replace parts that I've never had issues with on other cars, but then again, they all have been fairly cheap repairs (~$30). Also, with the Northstar engine, you have to know how to drive it to properly maintain it. This isn't your average sedan motor; it was built as a performance engine and that's how GM tested it. Owners need to realize when they purchase this car that it is meant to be driven hard at times (WOT). By driving it at WOT, the piston rings create a better seal and carbon build up is removed. Moreover, some oil consumption is NORMAL in this vehicle. It was designed to push more oil towards the rings to keep everything lubricated hence the 7.5 qt in the crank case. There is plenty of information on the net on this topic if you need to do more research. Once I came to understand how to maintain this car, it has been a very fun and reliable car for me. I am glad I own it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a performance sedan on a budget.

GXP - luxury and performance

by Pontiac for life from MD | January 16, 2012

This car rides like a dream and handles the corners like it's on rails. The car has been very reliable with decent mileage considering the power available. Averages about 20 mpg. Many features found on pricey Bimmer and Benz and more like the HUD, memory driver features (seats & mirror, plus radio. Mine is white with tan interior; it's a real head turner. The car is garage kept and has very low mileage. sounds great, pulls a quick 1/4 mile, cruises effortlessly at 80+, handles the corners like a jet fighter and nice to drive.

Lemon

by Kay from desmoines, Iowa | May 24, 2011

Want a car to put alot of money into and one that crashes easily this would be the one. bought this car to make it through the college years, butnow a year and ahalf later and new intake gasket and lots of electric work I am glad to get rid of IT! Should be painted yellow!!!!

Love em

by pentistar from Muskegon Mi | February 25, 2011

The ex wife got the first 04 in the divorce ..I liked it so much found another just like it with less miles on it . Can't beat that Bonneville !!!!! P.S. Great in the snow. The MPG is good also very happy with that. The actual is 23 city and 27 hwy in winter and is better in summer.

Head Turner

by Pontiac Fan from St Louis, MO | December 8, 2010

I owned a Buick Regal for over 10 years. The car was in great shape and was nearing the 130,000 mark. The Buick was unfortunately totaled because some lady on a drunken rampage decided to flee the police and smash into my parked car. So I began to look for a similar car, something maybe a bit bigger and sporty. We of course looked at several Dodge Chargers and Chrysler 300's, but they were priced in an uncomfortable range for me. I continued to shop and found the 2004 Bonneville GXP. Now this wasn't the Bonneville my Mother used to drive! My wife and I loved the styling of the 04 Bonneville and the North Star V8 under the hood. The car has plenty of power and the dual exhaust produces a very nice "rumble". The interior is just as beautiful, but the driver may get a little overwhelmed with all the gadgets. There are plenty of buttons to push, so watch the kids closely. The only complaint I have about the car would be SPACE. I thought since it was a Bonneville I would have plenty of room. I am 6' 5" tall and it is a tight squeeze for me as a driver or front seat passenger. However, the primary driver of our car is my wife and she has plenty of room. This car is a "Head Turner" and people have on more than one occasion asked me direct questions about the car. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase!

Best performance car i've owned

by Car Enthusiast from Moscow Mills, MO | March 15, 2010

The car handles well in the bad weather. It has a lot of pick up when getting on the highway. The sound of the roaring engine is amazing. This car is outstanding for the money!!!

Shifting gone bad

by Security49 from Missouri | November 23, 2009

At 72,000 miles this bonneville was taken to the mechanic. He said that Pontiac built the transmissions with too much slack between the clutch plates and after a few years they begin to shift hard or have a slight delay when shifting. repairs--$1100

Smooth ride

by Izzy from Lansing, MI | September 8, 2009

Great car, smooth ride with North star V8 engine. Plenty of power to get you where you want to go. love the throaty power sound of this car. This is the 4th and best Bonneville I've owned. Too bad GM dropped this beautiful car.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Bonneville