2005 Pontiac Bonneville

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Bring back the Bonneville

by Love my Bonneville from Dixon, Il | May 27, 2014

Owned my 05 since 07. Had 2 others before this one. Will not drive anything else. Enjoy this car so much I'm looking any distance to find a low mileage one before they are all gone. Car is comfortable & I've had zero problems with it for 7 years.

05 Pont. Bonn. GXPelectrical, guages, blower motor

by Shadetree M. from missouri | April 1, 2014

Possessed? Does the bonne need an excorsism? Having weird electrical experiences? Check the grounding wires, esp. At the grounding boards. They tend to loosen and corrode/oxidize. Bottom line = poor connection. The blower motor ground goes to a block/board under the pass. Side dash behind panels. The guages and such go to ones under the drivers side. As for the crankshaft positioning sensor recurring code, check the engine wiring harness. It may have gotten too hot at one time and burnt a wire.

Black Beauty: Bonnevilles

by billgt6 from Delafield, WI | March 8, 2014

I've owned four consecutive black Bonnevilles with sunroofs: 1989, 1996, 2002 and now 2005 (last year for Bonnevilles.) My son said the first one looked like a BMW on steroids. The styling on all of them is terrific and totally up to date. I got 31+ mpg on the 2002 during a 5,000 mile round trip (WI to CA) in 2012. When a black ice accident in Dec. 2013 totaled my 2002, in February 2014 I found a 2005 with low mileage in Fox Lake, IL that looks and feels like new. Fabulous maintenance, fantastic engine, great styling & comfort. Deserves the nickname "Black Beauty." - Bill GT6

Great Bonneville GXP Purchase

by Mike from Fort Wayne, IN | June 25, 2012

Purchased at 40,500 miles and love the ride and the power and the cool air conditioning. Just installed a Kenwood in-dash NAV and stereo unit. Looks great.

Excellent Value

by Bonneville Lover from Columbus, OH | August 27, 2011

Can't speak of reliability, just bought a 2005 SE with 71,200 original miles, 1 owner, clean carfax, dealer maintaned. This car is so CLEAN!!! drives like a dream, got it for a song considering it was over 28K new. Wish I had the center console with the shifter in on the floor, but considering how mint this car is I will survive. I am a big man, 6'2", 300lb and I fit well. My son is 6'7" 200lb and he fits good also. I wish they never stoped making them. I feel so lucky to have this one.

Love my 2nd Bonneville!

by Marykara from Norwich CT | October 9, 2010

I had a 1995 Bonneville which I would have kept until the end but when I heard they were halting production, I hurried and got a left over 2005 in 2006. I absolutely love it - everything about it. I hate that I can't buy a third one! Cool car!

Performance cars are expensive to maintain

by 05' Bonneville GXP from MA | May 25, 2010

GXP was the fastest car I have ever driven, options were very convenient also, no complaints there. That said, very disappointed by the amount of money I spent to maintain and repair it. Bought it used with only 30k miles on it. The real buying reason was that there was an extended 5yr/60,000 mile GM warrenty with a $100 deductable. Having owned a 2000 Bonny SLE, knew there were gonna be some expensive problems coming such as leaky sunroof (heads-up; there is no official recall on this but the sunroof doesn't always line up with the sealent strip so sometimes it is never actually closed, don't leave it outside in the rain. happened to both my 00' and 05') Became so frustrated with all the repairs (engine mount, faulty brakes, stability system, not to mention each 18" Goodyear EAGLE RS-A tire costs $400) all w/in 10 months of purchase which, of course, were NOT covered by the warrenty. Costs outweighed benefits and was not looking foreward to the next mechanical problem that was gonna set me back another $700-$1,000, traded in before it hit 40k miles. Fuel economy was also dreadful, compared to the V6.

Bang for the Buck

by Scott from Kentucky | June 8, 2009

Without doubt the best Pontiac I have ever owned. Can't believe the comfort,ride, handling and most of all over 31 mpg on road trip. No longer made so don't know which brand my next car will be!!!!! Might just keep this one for ever???

my Dream Car

by Bonneville Lover from Illinois | May 1, 2008

The GXP is my third Bonneville and definitely my favorite!!! Great ride and doesn't make you feel like you are driving a boring sedan. Pontiac needs to start making Bonnevilles again!!

Best Car EVER

by Carfreak from Eagle River, Alaska | March 25, 2008

I think the pontiac Bonneville GXP is a very Strong good looking sports car. I bought mine brand new in 2005 and it's has been way more than I could every ask for in a Car.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Bonneville