1997 Pontiac Firebird

Information Coming Soon

Overall

A Money Leech...

by KMarie from Ohio | August 8, 2013

I've had my Firebird for about 5 years now. Yeah its a great looking car! And yes its fast but that's about it for me. I'm a 23 year old women and when you want to go get groceries or go out with friends or travel.. their is really no room at all. I have to stuffed people into the back of my car. They usually have to sit side wades on top of one another. If you have the t-tops off and needs to put something in your "truck" well you cant because that's were the t-tops go. This car is perfect for you if you are always alone or just have a friend in the passengers seat. Don't expect to be showing your car off with a lot of your friends. Next, I have had nothing but problems with this car. Now I'm not saying this will happen to all firebirds but this is what has happened to mine. I live in Ohio. SO I cant use the car all year long. I drive the car from usually march to the first sign of snow or ice which is usually October or even sometimes late September. So I only drive this car about 8 months out of the year if that. When its not being driven I put it away in storage and visit it every week to start the engine. Well in the past 5 years I've spent more money in repairs than I paid for the car. In 5 years BOTH of my automatic windows stopped working. The motors worked but some how BOTH windows fell off the track while the window was down.. That was fun when it started to rain. Then my water pump went out of no where. Luckily I had triple A to tow it back home to be fixed. Then my anti-freeze was leaking after the water pump had been fixed.. The gas tank had a leek. And then after taken the car out of the shop for a routine oil change my re end went on the highway. And this all happened mind you in two years time. Yeah not a happy camper. After all my "car problems" were fixed it ran well for about 4 months. Now my engine miss fires like crazy. i cant go 5 minutes without it miss firing. I've had it in the shop at least 6 times to find out what the problem is and for some reason they cant find anything. I am so sick and tired of spending so much money on a car that get 17MPG.

Awesome Fun

by Old School from Texas | February 14, 2012

My previous car was a Nissan350Z. It was great, but was missing something even after I modified the exhaust and intake. It still seemed a little sluggish, and did not have the right sound. I upgraded to my 1997 Trans Am WS6, and it is like night and day. Even at idle, you can tell that the car has power with the exhaust rumble and the car shake. Handling is good for a car of this size, but you will definitely feel every bump and crack in the road. If you want a car with smooth driving, this is not the car for you. Fuel economy is also surprisingly good, as long as you do not step on the accelerator. The car will lumber along happily at low RPM. I had to get used to the fact that in 6th gear, at a mere 2000 RPM, you are doing a little over 80 MPH already! The limit is over 6000 RPM! For fuel economy though, again, if you are concerned about the price of gas, this is not the car for you. I always get admirers of my car, and where every "hotrod" Civic or pickup truck with a catback exhaust would want to race my 350Z, all that they have to do is listen to the exhaust at idle in my Trans Am and they back down. Trans Ams have a reputation as being very fast cars, and I have yet to have a Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro want to try to play with me, which is good, as I do not really desire to race. The interior is very comfortable, and I took a long trip driving my car back to Texas from Oklahoma. It was not cramped, and I was comfortable the whole time. My 350Z seemed a little claustrophobic, and after a little while my legs would start to cramp. Not so in this car. It may have larger dimensions, but despite this, it only weighs 100 pounds more than a 350Z, as opposed to the 4000+ pound Mustangs/ Challengers/ Camaros of today. It may be an older car, but it will still more than keep up with modern day American performance cars. Definitely a great buy!

Every girls perfect sweet 16

by Jpizz from Lake in the hills | August 17, 2011

Such a cute car for the price it should have sold before i finish typing this sentence! Quick and a blast to drive!

car fack

by tom from | July 19, 2011

its just a great car its sporty fast i always see heads turn when i go by and it sounds amazing and im always getting approched by car collectors because they just want to see the car up close its worth every penny

One of the most fun cars I've owned.

by Car guy from Noblesville, Indiana | August 24, 2010

I alway wanted a mid 90's F-body and bought a '97 Formula WS6 and a '98 Z-28. This car handles great and the performance will put you back in your seat. Just a blast to drive.

Trans Am WS6

by Marc97taws6 from Clive, Iowa | December 24, 2008

I bought this car in August with 98k on the odometer. It has been a love relationship ever since. The most reliable car I have ever owned. I have taken it to the track with just a few small modifications, beaten on it (whilst beating C5's and C6's), and then drove it home with no problems whatsoever. Would recommend the car to anybody. The only step I would take above it is a Corvette, but apples for apples, dollars to dollars, the F-body V8 is the best performance bargain for the money

A Monster Ride

by Icehawk#001 from Charlotte | May 23, 2008

Just a few mods and these care are the epitomy of the Muscle Car bloodline.Crazy fast and Wicked torque,sends you to the edge with just a push of the pedal.Built Very well with lt1could only be made better with the newer ls1 that came out in '98,these Trannies will take you breath away....Enjoy....

Formula firebird

by Firepower from boston, mass | July 13, 2006

I bought my 97' Formula firebird (non-ws6) in summer of 05' with 96k on the clocki. This vehicle has given me absolutely no problems, but has given me satisfying performance, and gazes from envious onlookers. This is my second firebird, and it certainly will not be my last.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Firebird