1998 Pontiac Firebird

19 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Firebird 101

by Firebird rocks 101 from | January 1, 2013

It was an adrenaline rush I still can't get over. I wish they where still making the firebird if I could I'd buy each model.

driving excitement

by riskbreaker0 from Catonsville, MD | July 24, 2012

Pontiac's moto was what they used to do, and did amazingly. The more recent Pointiacs, the G5 and G6, they lost that feel. I've owned 4 Firebird's, all of them turn heads. I've got more options in my car standard than my parent's newer cars do. The ride feels amazing, I've out cornered sport bikes. The 305hp of the ls1 v8 is just a start. It can easally reach over 400hp with bolt ons. I owned a v6, don't! I blew up 4 of their motors. If you're going to want performance out of the v6, the same thing will happen to you. Save up for the v8, the milage isn't that different. I have a z28 camaro as well, an lt1 v8 (93-97) with the automatic. It's upgraded to 350hp and gets 25mpg average. And nothing against the camaro, but I always said I paided (and would continue to pay) $1000 more for the Pontiac styling. I don't care if you drive a lambo or ferrari, I don't think there is a more beautiful car that was ever made than any year of the Firebirds. Again, stay away for any v6 models, they wont have the power, wont get the power, and are not easally converted to v8's. Manual is the more fun option to drive, but auto is better for the quarter mile. I'm very sad to see Pontiac die, would have rather watch Buick. If given the chance, I think Pontiac could still be the company that "builds excitement." But that just makes my Firebirds worth more money. In conclusion, do your research so you don't get ripped off, test drive and watch out for bad steering racks (have replaced 3 so far, once in each of my f-bodys), but nothing beats one of these real american sports muscle cars!

What a great car

by Firebird Bob from Freeport, Il | December 24, 2010

I bought this car (a Trans-Am) in Sept 1999. It had 4,600 miles on it. I have driven it nearly every day since and it now has 295,000+ miles. Except for a problem with fuel pumps which began occuring at @235,000 miles it has been far and away the greatest car I have ever owned. The performance is matched by very few cars costing much more. It delivers 18-22 mpg in city driving and 25-29 on the interstate. And it has t-tops. On warm nights nothing beats a drive with the tops off. If they were still made I would buy another one in a heart beat.

1998 V6 Pontiac Firebird

by rj the car lover from Texas | November 7, 2010

I have a 3.8L V6 firebird. I bought four years ago as my first car. I love it. All of my friends says it looks and sounds like a Trans Am. It has fuel economy and a kick of power when i need it. The only problems i have is a few of the interior stuff like the dash and visors aren't very well made, but i have had no problems with the engine (it even drove over 40 miles with no water in the radiator in the summer). Although i've had to replace the altinator twice and the compressor went bad.

Turns Heads

by bigNdpants from Illinois | September 9, 2010

I just got a red firebird recently, and the compliments I receive is nonstop. The greatest car I ever bought, and my favorite car of all time.

1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

by Mr. IwishIcouldReviewEveryCar from Indianapolis | April 2, 2010

Bought this car used with 85k on it a couple of years ago. I drive this car hard about 45% of the time. It just asks for it. So do other cars near you that seem to want to race you. Fast car for the money! Very Aggressive styling with the Ram Air hood. Interior styling is ok, but quality of the parts is terrible. dash has a crack and I hear that's typical. However, it's expected. I knew for the price you're really just paying for the fun factor. Overall, fun to drive, agressive stance, cheapo materials, but engine is strong and reliable. Gets 18/24 if you feather the gas pedal. Premium gas is recommended. Worth it's weight in gold (by weight i mean performance fun factor).

Best Car I Ever Owned

by ScorpioTA85 from Daytona Beach, Fl | June 16, 2008

I have owned many RWD cars, and I must say a Pontiac Firebird is my all time favorite. I have the 3.8L V6, and even though small in HP only 200), compared to newer models today, it is sill very fast and powerful. I still get turned heads, and people asking if it is a newer car, they are surprised when I tell them that it is 10 years old. I love it, and you will to!

Affordable Speed

by sam from idaho | November 1, 2007

I have the Trans-Am.... Corvette engine over 300 horepower ! Its reliable, runs great, really , really fun to drive...

Beauty is Skin Deep

by Tired of It from Kansas City, MO | July 19, 2007

I have a convertible which is a lot of fun. The car is beautiful and gets a lot of looks. However, I haven't stopped having to fix things since i bought it. Not reliable or dependable at all. So it's a trade-off, looks great and fun to drive but a pain to take care of.

Coolest looking car

by firebird lover from lockport, new york | December 30, 2006

This car looks awesome and is one of my favorite sports cars of all times. i wish they would come out with a new one so i could buy it.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Firebird