2009 Pontiac G3

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not too shabby but..

by Aimless from New London, CT | February 1, 2014

I actually bought this car used as my options were limited. I will say that Ive beaten on it and its held up fairly well. For about 10 months I commuted and drove (including New England winters) 600+ miles a week and it held up fairly well. My clock shorted out shortly after I got it-I could car less about that. Im having O2 sensor issues now...have gotten a tune up and regular maintenance. Gas mileage is good, and I don't expect a boat load of power, it is a 4 cylinder. I pay it off in a year and plan in running it into the ground, I have 135,000 miles now, but it'll keep on keeping on..

Great Style & Value for the $$$

by AnnaBanana from Chicago, IL | May 24, 2013

It is comfortable, roomy, stylish, has great fuel economy, has electric everything, sunroof and a great sound system. The back seats fold down making a nice size cargo space for this size car. The back seat actually easily fits adults. I've driven it in all seasons and it handles extremely well. I would highly recommend buying this car. For a $10,000 car, it certainly is well worth it and it looks good too!

Not Pleased

by Allen from Holland, MI | February 2, 2012

I purchased this car new in Dec of 2009 The entire engine has been replaced after only 21,000 miles I've had it in for repairs after a long time of stalling out during driving that wasn't diagnosed until it became so frequent and predictable I was able to take a mechanic to witness it. the tires wore out after only 23,000 miles I'd expect great mileage from such a small car, but only got over 30 mpg once. (its a manual transmission) I have dents as a result of small branches falling from a tree - the metal is very thing and very susceptible to damage

piece of junk transmission! no more GM vehicles!

by abbeyroad from perrysburg,oh | December 1, 2011

i bought this car brand new in 2009 because i needed something small and reliable. well 2 years and 40,000 miles later it needed a whole new transmission. the GM service center i took it to where i bought it from told me it was fine "thats just how it drives" i knew something wasn't right so a month later when the problem kept getting progressively worse and it literally sounded like i was driving in neutral i took it to a different GM service garage and they immediately could tell something wasn't right. needless to say i am not pleased with this car and am now going to court over it because it is horrible and i could've really gotten hurt. the G3 sucks, and i will never buy another GM product again!

You may regret it as I do

by Regreting my Purchase from Altoona PA | August 27, 2011

I have had the car just over two years and have had more repairs and small issues that with my previous two cars together. The clock shorted out and had to be replaced. The one spark plug was cracked and had to be replaced. The anti-theft had to be reprogramed because the car would not start. The ignition coil was cracked and it,and all spark plugs had to be replaced. Like I said I've had the car just over two years and 40,000miles, I'm already out of warranty and I'm responsible for fixing this piece of junk. Any dealership who sold or sells this car should be ashamed.

Cheap transportation

by Obama Car Buyer from Akron, OH | December 31, 2009

Considering that I purchased the car for $7500.00 brand new with GMS pricing, rebates and cash for clunkers I can not complain. I'm 6'2" and don't fit well in the car but for short juants it is fine. My wife and daughter love it and would rather drive it than the new Cobalt we purchased at the same time. We have had no problems with the car in the first 4000 miles what so ever. The ride is a little harsh but is what I expected for such a short wheelbase and 14" tires. I looked at Rio's, Fits, and Versas when I went out to buy a small car and I could not get any of those cars even close to the price I paid when you added automatic, air, premium audio, keyless entry, fog lamps and all the other stuff the G3 came with. We purchased a Chevrolet Cobalt at the same time and it has water in the tailights, knocking from the rear shock and a rattle from the front passenger side that drives me nuts and hesitates when it is cold out. The G3 has had no problems at all and has been a real trooper. Agree that the 105 HP enine won't win any races soon and the gas mileage is not as high as I had hope (we get around 27) but it was well worth the price. GM has $6500 off them right now 12/31/09 so grab one before they are gone.

new car

by sm from | December 2, 2009

I just got this car a couple of weeks ago. I like it. Lots of room in the front. Don't think I will fit 3 in back comfortably (2 adults and 1 child) but it was fine for 2 people in the back. The hatch has more room than I thought, held a lot more than I thought. Drives great - I wasn't looking for a high performance car, not fast on take-off so to speak, but I don't need that. Takes corners real smooth. I like the look of it as well. Gas mileage is good.

Sorry I bough it

by First New Car in years from Tulsa, OK | November 18, 2009

This car is slow on the pedal and the gas mileage is not what it is supposed to be. After having this vehicle for 4 months, I have never had better than 27 MPG even though 75% of the mileage is on the highway. It has no power on inclines and downshifts on the slightest hills. If I had been offered the 60 day satisfaction, I would have returned it.

Great Car, What Else Can I Say!

by BobbyJ from Missouri | August 24, 2009

I just got the car brand new in medium blue metallic. it drives great. the interior is amazing with lots of room!! its the perfect little car, and although the car is small the space on the inside is roomy. One of our friends bought a new g3 and we really liked it so we decided to look around and check some out and we brought one home for ourselfs. it is great!!"

I LOVEEE IT!!!

by First Car Thats ALL MINE!! from Lebanon VA | June 24, 2009

I just got the car brand new in deep red metallic. i love it. it drives soo well. the interior is amazzingg!! its the perfect little car, and though its small the space on the inside is crazy i never expected it to have so much room. i went to the dealer looking for a small to medium sixe SUV type car. and i came home with this. buy it. it is greatt!!

Featured Services for this Pontiac G3