2005 Pontiac G6

Available in 2 styles:  2005 Pontiac G6 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

love my pontiac

by love my pontiac from Williamsburg, Oh | August 24, 2014

When I bought my 2005 Pontiac G6 GT it had 8 miles on it. Now it has 299,208 miles!!!! This has been the best car. No major problems. Just an awesome car! I still drive it 70 miles every day to work. I love my Pontiac G6.

worse car I have ever owned

by upset Alli from ohio from Cambridge ohio | August 6, 2014

I bought my 2005 G6 GT in the year of 2009.. 2nd owner of the car..I have had nothing but problems with it. I had to replace the start within the first month of having it..and since then I put in 3 other ones. I lose power steering going down the road..my CD player quit working after my battery died and I have CDs stuck in there. My car always tells me I have low coolant..when its not low. I HATE THIS CAR..I WILL NEVER OWN A PONTIAC AGAIN!!

Best car I've owned so far.

by Porsche Man from Montgomery, AL | July 10, 2012

I bought an '05 G6 GT brand new in 2005. 102,000 miles later, I'm still very happy with the car and have had no issues with it. Runs well, easy to maintain and looks great!

Great car for an affordable price

by Average Joe from St. Johns, MI | June 4, 2012

I bought the car about 5 months ago and I have absolutely loved it. I drive over 30 miles to work one way and it rides very smoothly and gets great gas mileage for a v6. Has great acceleration for merging and passing. Can get away from you a bit if you hit the gas too hard. Only problem I have with the car is that it does burn some oil. If driven aggressively it can burn through a lot of oil in 2000 miles or less. However I have no real complaints about the car, its a good looking, easy to drive, good on gas car that I think i'll keep for quite a few years.

most piece of garbage I ever bought

by lou from merrill,wi | March 31, 2012

It's nothing short of a money sucker, Ok here I go, brakes replaced several times rotors warp easily, struts ball joints, right ball joint replaced again in on year lots of clunking, rims get any little bit of anything in them car shakes alot, most interior lights don't work, most of the car is a blind spot, the list goes on for this money bucket.

LOVE IT!

by Student from Michigan from | November 28, 2011

I've owned my G6 GT for about 4 years now and I love it! It has been extremely reliable, never had a problem with it. Great gas milage about 23 in the city and 32 on the highway. Car drives great, and its fun to drive, fast and can handle almost any weather! Does great! I would buy another on tomorrow if I could!!

What a Great buy !

by nicole from south carolina | August 2, 2011

I purchase my g6 couples of years and i had a problem out of it, all i do is change oil regularly and any sugguestions from dealership for the miles or ages i do. I am still amazed by Gas Mileage and getting 31 on the highway . I went from owning a Dodge Durango hemi to the G6 and it has been the best thing ever.

worst car ever

by poct from naptown | May 21, 2011

Had this white 2005 g6 worst car I ever owned. Drove good for about a week, then the gas cap light came. Took it to the shop they couldn't stop it from happening,ok i could live with that. Then the next couple of month the ball joints needed to be replaced which were under warranty, but had to be without a car for about a week. Then the starter went out and that was the last draw. I can remember being stuck at the gas station waiting for the starter to cool down before i could leave, because the car would not start. All i can say worst car ever made would never buy this car or anything like it. OHhh only had 36000 miles when i bought it.

Awesome

by Sportz from Durham, NC | October 4, 2009

I have had mine for almost four years and have had no problem. I have done regular maintenance and that is it. This car is fun to drive, gets you from point a-b, and has a decent amount of power.

Problem child

by Sad in South Dakota from Spearfish, SD | April 6, 2009

My 2005 G6 has sentimental value, but she's a pain in my patutty. I've had brake rotor problems every 20,000 miles. I just had the steering column replaced and now she's having new problems. She seems to constantly be vibrating from some problem or another. I love her for the short periods of time she's not wobbling or vibrating, but those times are few and far between.

Featured Services for this Pontiac G6