2006 Pontiac G6

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Car is a lemon

by Sporty from Canada | May 30, 2014

Do not buy this car because they have so many recalls on it. The car is a lemon too many defects on it.

Best car I've ever owned

by lovemycar from Arkansas | April 1, 2014

I own a 2006 G6 with over 180,000 miles. I purchased this car used in 2008. Since then I have replaced a hub bearing, brakes, tires, and a battery. Unfortunately my CD player has given out but the heat and air conditioning work excellent. The interior is comfortable and the car handles great. The V6 has plenty of get-up-and-go, and it is fun to drive. I love this car and have not had any problems from it at all.

Love my G6

by Niki from Ohio | August 24, 2013

I have had my car for 7 years i have 160k miles, bought it brand new with only 2 miles on it and the only thing i have had done to it is replce a tire rod and a control arm due to hitting many potholes. The V6 engine is defintely worth it, test drove the 4 cyclinder and it was a slug. I have no complaints, worst thing GM every did was get rid of Pontiac brand

car that still is undated looking

by corvette guy from Indianapolis, IN | August 8, 2012

Bought GT model in 2005. have more than 120,000 miles and still going strong. car's styling still looks great when compared to other vehicles. The V6 gets over 33 mpg on the road, has penty of room, and rides quietly (no rattles). It had a steering gear problem that was repaired at 25,000 miles and has given no trouble since. The 4 disc CD player was changed once about 5 years ago and has given no problems since. I would replace this car but it still runs like a top.

dont do it

by kika from yakima,wa | October 1, 2011

Nothing but problems I've had the car for q yr n a half n I've put more money in it than I've made monthly payments I actually just traded it in n its the best choice ever go with a foreign car !!! Don't let the perks decive u u will have expensive problems with it !!

G6 GT Coupe

by easytarget from Missouri | September 13, 2011

The biggest complaint is the issues this car is having with it break lights coming on at random and the cruise controll shutting of when this occurs. Dialectric Silicone grease on the BCM plugs on the passender side floor board fixed the problem. No other issues and I have logged 85,000 miles. Snow tires are suggested if you live in an area where traction may be a concern. I average 29 MPG with mixed driving. Overall the car has met my expectations for the price I paid. Much cheaper than other cars in the segment. Any money spent on reparis still makes the car much cheaper than Honda or Toyota and it looks so much better.

Very reliable and good car for the money.

by Who told you that? from DeKalb, Il | August 23, 2011

Overall gas milage sitting at 31 mpg. The 3.6 V6 has plenty of power. Smooth ride, nice handling. Other than basic maintanance I haven't had to put any money into it what-so-ever. It's a great car.

Worst car I owned

by Tina from St. John's, NL | May 10, 2011

I have my G6 5 yrs Oct/10. Don't know if you already know this but the Pontiac G6's 2006 do not have child proof safety locks on the doors, this is in all 2006 models. I have been doing everything to get a recall for this but it still hasn't happened. The steering shaft & power steering has been fixed several times, transmission lines were leaking last yr & had to be fixed, 2 wks ago my transmission went & had to be replaced & my car only has 83,000 km, my battery went Nov/2010. This car is costing me a lot of money right now & I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned

by lilyj39 from Hudson, NY | April 4, 2011

If i could give this car less than one star, I would. I have had nothing but problems with this car since the minute I drove it off the lot. I've only owned the car for just over a year and have had several front end suspension problems; the power steering is faulty and only intermittantly works; the hood latch is faulty and because of on-going suspension problems, the car is chewing up tires like crazy. Do yourself a favor and buy Honda or Toyota!

Very Pleasantly Surpised

by Ford Guy from Fairmont, WV | February 8, 2011

I bought this vehicle in Jan 2010 from Enterprise Car Sales as a trade in and have owned it 1 year so far. At first, I refused to even look at the car because it was a GM but the salesman insisted. I finally agreed and both my wife and myself were actually impressed. We liked it and bought it as a spare commuter car for the mileage. I love the car, the sporty styling, and it's actually quite peppy with the 3.5 V6. The only problem I've had is the clunky intermediate steering shaft which I lubricate myself and a rattling panoramic sunroof. I tolerate both because they're not safety issues. It gets great gas mileage, the engine is quiet and it handles pretty good and it has the remote start which is awesome. I've put 15K on it over the past year and it now has a total of 64k on it. Overall, I'm pleased and plan on keeping it for my daughter to drive. Oh, one thing, the keyfobs are junk but if you search online you'll find a website that has a cheap fix for them and it works great, fixed mine permanently.

Featured Services for this Pontiac G6