2008 Pontiac G6

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Found my Car!

by Proud Owner from Nicholasville, KY | June 30, 2013

With the help of cars.com, I was able to get into a Pontiac G6 GT that I am so in love with! I bought my vehicle from Jack Burford in Richmond, KY and they were so good to me! I got a great deal on a great car, I would do ten times over again! Thanks cars.com!

I have two Pontiac G6 GT coups,

by Love my Pontiac from Penna. | June 1, 2013

Pontiac made great cars I have 2 -2008 G6 GT coupes both great cars one has 83,0000 trouble free miles other one has 20,589 miles just bought it. Thanks for helping. Me find it using your service. You made car shopping easy. Also a 2004 Grand Am GT coupe excellent car also a 1997 grand Am GT coupe 234,000 trouble free miles. The G6 I just bought is beautiful it deserves 5 STARS on star, sirius XM radio leather great car

Great Car

by TeresaR from Shakopee, MN | June 4, 2012

I LOVE my pontiac G6! It is a smooth ride, looks nice and is a fairly good price for the car. The back windows and back windshield are much smaller than other Pontiacs that I have owned.

IT'S QUICK FOR WHAT IT IS.

by TOOTIEFOY from CINCINNATI,OHIO | April 3, 2012

I have a GXP. This car is quick for a V6 family car. It is sporty little car and it gets pretty good MPG. I have had only one issue. The front end make a small popping noise when i take off from a stop. I have heard this from other G6 owners no matter what trim they had. The funny thin is, I have taken this car to the dealer and the have said that this is normal. Well, it didn't happen when I first purchaced the car. Oh well, other than that, the car is pretty good. It will last until I get the new Camaro.

Have owned 3 G6's. Love them.

by Hobokenite from Hoboken, NJ | April 3, 2012

I just bought a used 2008 G6 4 Door to replace my 2006 G6 which was totaled. This is actually my 3rd G6 I've owned since 2005 and was sad when they stopped making them. Good things about the car - good looking, handles well, hugs the road, roomy interior, V6 is fast with good average MPG (about 27 for me), they have never completely broken down for me. Bad things - the rotors seem to warp about every 25K miles (or every summer for me it seemed) and the power steering went at 85K miles on my last 2006 model. I hear this is common. But factoring in these problems, they are still good sedans for the money.

best retractable hardtop available

by Ulbio's Friend from Houston TX | February 27, 2012

has all the reliability of the Pontiac mid-size but with the specialty of the folding top. It is the best design from an engineering point-of-view, only 2 pieces as opposed to 3 which all the other makes are using, that's 50% less parts. Plus the back seats are actually comfortable and they added indentations in the backs of the front seats which increase legroom for rear passengers. I had the 3.5L V6 previously in a 2007 model but traded up to a 3.9L V6 as the smaller engine had somewhat pedestrian performance.

GXP Coupe Street Edition

by Dano from Fort Wayne, In. | January 16, 2012

Bought this for the wife to drive, weather permitting, & I can't stay out of it! Fun, sporty, great gas milage & a real head turner. Can't wait for decent weather again!

Thought it was the car I always wanted

by Disappointed in Indiana from Westville, IN | September 13, 2011

I feel exactly like Aaron from Fort Worth, TX - I bought this car new in 2008. At first, thought I was getting a pretty good deal....then finding out I had no keyless entry, no cruise control and no floor mats. And to top that off, now I'm having trouble with my locks and my engine light keeps coming on!! What kind of new car these days DOESN'T come with a keyless entry? Or cruise control? Guess I didn't ask, because I just assumed - there was my first mistake! I love the body style, the color, and it seems to have plenty of room for my use. Talked to a friend who has the same car - she is also having trouble with her door locks - already had to replace 2. Should I tell her about the engine light? LOL I also found the windshield wipers for this car are $30 PER WIPER. I almost fainted. I hope I never get a flat tire - based on what Aaron says in his review - I might be walking!

08 Pontiac G6

by Vita from Allendale, MI | May 6, 2011

Great car for the affordable price. Could not be happier. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the car I've always wanted.

by Hot rod from Dayton, Oh | May 5, 2011

I purchased my almost new 2007 Red G6 convertible in Feb 2011. It only had 20k miles and even smelled new. It has alot of power with the 3.9 engine and has every option. My family thinks it's beautiful and my friends are envious. Monday this week I was in a drive thru with my pup in the passenger seat and I hit the button and dropped the top. All the people within eye shot watched liked little kids. The seats hug your body and the sound system is so hot. It is the best of sport, luxury and of course sun and fun. This is my fun 2nd car and I really believe it will be more than collectable. Hey, with Pontiac badge gone, and a Chevy Cruz going for 24k, you might as well buy a low mileage cool car like this beauty. Life is way too short to not have a G6.

Featured Services for this Pontiac G6