1995 Pontiac Grand Am

$204–$4,740

Overall

Down & Out at less the 70K

by MercedesJordan18 from Chicago, IL | July 7, 2012

My dad had this car for about 7 years with under 70K when he got rid of it. Reason being for that is because it would constantly leak oil. Sounds like a simple fix I guess but after a while, we got sick of it. Stay away from the '90s Grand Ams. Its to bad this car isn't reliable but has amazing exterior looks.

best car i have ever had

by captainJack from | May 15, 2011

very nice car, extremely reliable. There were no problems with the one i had. As long as i changed the oil and had a few brake changes everything ran smoothly.

Lots of little repairs

by Gman from st paul mn | March 19, 2011

i live in minnesota the car is great in the snow and cold weather. But ever since I got the car I have had to basically replace all the little components like alternator, radiator, fuel pressure reg, belt ten, started, heating coil, lower hose for coolant, windshield wiper motor, power stearing line, thermostat,

Fantastic 1st Car

by Al from Chicago, IL | December 17, 2010

I bought the vehicle about four months ago with 90k on it. I have put 6 thousand miles on it since. You can buy these Pontiacs cheap and the engines will last forever. If you don't drive like an idiot you get great gas mileage for a V6. I even put some rims on it and I think the car looks great. Its a fantastic first car. However the interior does squeak a little. But you can tighten the bolts that attach the dash to the frame and that stops the squeaking greatly. The stock radio is great and loud. The two front seats are roomy but there is no back seat because its a coupe... The trunk is big. I can fit my golf clubs in there with ease. The best part? The car starts no matter what. Even in cold windy chicago winters. You'll love this car if you take care of it and give it a little TLC and change the oil and do regular mantenince.

great 1st car!!

by troy from cincinnati, oh | August 5, 2009

i bought this car after high school with about 85k on it. it was a great car. stylish, sporty, safe and reliable. after about 30k (around 115k) total a lot started going wrong. it still was a great car and i drove it until it topped 130k - not bad for a pontiac. this is a great car for the money. i would do it all over again in a second!!

Great Car

by Great Car from New York, NY | June 3, 2009

I bought the car at 90,000 miles, have been driving it for 4 years, and it now has 140,000 miles! It really does run Great. There have been a few issues with it though (sensors, etc.); I've spent $1500 in repairs in 4 years. It now needs about $400 in repairs, but I know it'll run for another 50-60k EASILY. Brakes last forever, tires wear great, never needs alignment, etc. Starts in the coldest weather (-25 wind chill) and air works great in the hottest weather (95 degrees, 95% humidity). Very dependable, has never left me stranded. Always starts.

Can't Complain

by Doug from Dover, New Hampshire | July 19, 2008

My 1995 Pontiac Grand Am just clicked over 120,000 miles. It runs like a charm. It is the V6 model sport sedan. Outside of wear and tear replacement of parts, she has been the most reliable vehicle I have owned in my 34 or so years of owning and driving cars.

Worst Car Ever!

by Highway Cruiser from Northern, VA | June 21, 2007

I had problems with this car since day one and I had enough of it. I will never buy a Pontiac Again ever and you shouldn't either. I spent nearly the double the amount of the car to fix it. I was really upset I even bought this car in the first place.

Not very impressed!

by Sher from Ontario, Canada | April 30, 2007

This was my first car. I purchased it used from an older woman who only used it to drive to the store. I purchased it 10years old and they previouse owner never once changed the oil. I changed the oil 5 time in the first 4 months of owning it, it was black sludge!. I have had may problems with this car. Anit freeze leaks, power stearing leaks, unstraigh head, worn breaks, interior squeeks. FOr being the first car i have every purchased, and i am a little disapointed :(

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Am