1997 Pontiac Grand Am

23 city / 32.8 hwy

Overall

Nice car

by B from Buffalo, NY | April 18, 2014

This is my first car. It had 97,500 when i got it last June. It's now April, and there's 105.200 on it. I love this car. It's little, good on gas, the heater is very powerful, and I like the exterior design. I've had to put a lot of money in to it because the previous owner was the type of person who drives cars, but was oblivious to anything else, but I'll surely be sad when I need to get a new car/ Northeastern rust sucksss.

Good car for little money

by My favorite Car from Manchester TN | August 27, 2011

I bought my 97 Pontaic in 07 When I turned 16.. I drove it hard to be a little four cylinder.. Had a few performance upgrades. The only problem I had was at 220000 miles the transmission begin to give me a few problems, but all in all I loved it

ehh

by poooooontiac from Topeka, KS | July 21, 2011

Bought it used with 30K and now has near 125K, lots of minor repairs but for the most part a decent and affordable car

goog car for the price

by Auto mechanic from Michigan | September 11, 2010

Have 2.4 engine great acceleration nice handling car some minor issues when bought but easily fixed. panel nicely laid out. fun car to drive.

So good, I bought another one

by car guy from Michigan | November 3, 2008

My first car was a 97 se model that I bought for $600 (listed Below). It had 212000 miles on it when I bought it. i drove it until the transmission died at 273000 miles. That is a long time for any car to be on the road these days. I was so impressed with this car I bought another 97 Grand Am. This one is a 2-door GT model that is fully loaded with every available option. I love this car and I will drive it until it dies. it has 140000 miles. since I bought it ive only had to replace a starter, alternator, and serpentine belt which should be expected to go out on any older car. the only thing I dont like about it is the exaust pipe hangers are junk. they brake and leave your muffler dragging on the road. Other than that it has served me well. if you buy any 90s model grand am get the v6 because the 4 cylinder engine is a cursed engine. a friend of mine bought a 4 cylinder grand am and it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Other than that these are good cars and i still see many of them still on the road.

Great first cat

by young college girl from Princeton, MN | July 29, 2008

This is the first car I have owned. I bought it in June of 2008. I have had to make a few minor repairs, being that the car is older, but otherwise it has been good to me. It gets fairly good gas mileage for a V6; from 25 to 30 mpg. I like that it is small and somewhat sporty. I think it is an excellent first car for anybody.

the worst car i have ever owned stay away

by goate from nyc | February 28, 2008

overheats all the time expensive to fix, one guy said it was the water pump another said the engine. sears told me the head gasket, and the last person said drive it till it finally dies dont spend money on it.

Very reliable with V6

by Joe from Highlnd MI | January 16, 2008

I purchased a 97 Grand am back in April 2007 and it had 212000 miles on it. It runs perfect! No problems. It has a 3.1 V6 and gets reasonable gas mileage.

Great Car

by Car Enthusiast from Saint John NB | February 3, 2007

I own a 2 door Se model. Love the car. Has all the same options as the GT model, Same motor/ trans. Only difference is the ground effects, dual exhaust, and rims. Other than that, they the same. I've own it now for a few years, and only had to replace the odd part here and there. Like the Altinator and belt, and plugs and coils. Other than that, this car has treated me very very well.

Best second car to own

by Love my cars from chicago il | January 16, 2007

The pontiac grand am is a great second car or perfect for first time drivers. The gt model has the power and handling to make you fell like you have a sports car, but for under $20,000 new, you just cant beat it.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Am