1999 Pontiac Grand Am

$461–$6,057

Overall

Great value and style

by Old joe from Columbus ohio | November 19, 2013

This car has great styling, handles good and gets really good mileage. It is a four cylinder but has a lot of pep. It has a little over 100k miles and I expect to add 50k. There is plenty room for five people and the trunk is big. I am very pleased with this car.

Ponti

by James from | August 4, 2013

I saw the car and drove it , it is enjoyable to have a ride..if i would have the money i buy it..Good&Sport for a university student !!

Grand Am

by kddi from Florida | December 3, 2012

I owned a 2001 Grand Am. Bought it used in 2001. Best car I ever owned. Had over 150,ooo miles on it when I totalled it. Excellent car, never had any problems with it. Was in new condition mechanically and visually. Looking to buy another!

Great Car

by PontiacZach from Philadelphia PA | July 14, 2011

If you keep up with the schedule maintenance then this car will last a long time. I own have owned a 2004 Pontiac Grand AM that was totaled and it was such a nice car I went out and bought a 1999 since a friend of mine was selling it for cheap. These grand am's are great ! My 1999 grand am has over 182000 miles and runs and drives great!

Best car!

by C-dog46 from Kansas | September 25, 2010

This was my first car and I got it used. It has had no problems and I have had it for 4 years and I love ot!

You Could Do Better

by Erica from Indianapolis, IN | June 30, 2009

When I first bought my 1999 used Grand Am it was a very good car. As the year passed on I had problems. First of all my power steering went out, then all levels of air conditioning didn't work, and last but not least my security light came on ever single day (the car thinks someone is stealing it and will not allow you to start your car for another 20 min) The security light was the worst because we fixed it for $400....then the problem came back and it was worse than ever. It's especially bad when you have to be at work or somewhere important and your car won't start for 20min. My tech said many pontiac 99 models have this security problem because a module is corroded. Overall, I pretty much spent as much money fixing my car as I paid for it.

I Love This Car

by -J from Kittanning, PA | April 29, 2009

I Previously owned a 94 grand am and didnt care for the styling. I went and traded it for a 99 Grand Am SE2 It is fully loaded except leather interior. I love this car. It is truely one of the nicest cars i have been in. I would only perfer a Honda Toyota or Subaru to this. The only problems i have is i am a bit of a rough driver so i only get 15 mpg so thats a bit of a down fall. And GM needed to do a recall on the ignition switches of this type. Malibus, Aleros, and Grand ams all have problems with starting up sometimes. The key in the dash is know to be prone to having to turn over a few extra times before starting up. Other than those. GREAT CAR.

Fast car and comfy

by aj from | April 2, 2009

I bought it used and it has been the best car I have owned yet. It gives me no problems and its a lot better then people think for a pontiac.

I love this car

by Bubba from Shepherdsville, KY | March 15, 2009

As far as a stock 6 cyl. car to go out and race vs other stock 6 cyl. or 4 cyl. cars There is no real other car that can touch it. Sure theres the exceptions where mommy and daddy bought them this or that with upgrades. But as far as a daily driver that can get up and I I totally recomend. I have a 99 gagt that I race on weekends and I havent lost a race against the previously mentioned group.

Favorite Car I've Owned

by car nut from oh | March 1, 2009

I've owned a lot of cars in my time and this is one of my Favorites to fate. Im 38 years old too. I've had any kind or make you can think of too. for the money it cant be beat

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Am