2001 Pontiac Grand Am

21–22 city / 32 hwy

Overall

First Car Jitters

by Rosie the Grand Am! from Grand Forks, ND | December 14, 2013

When I turned 24, I decided I should finally buy my first car. I was nervous, but I had found some in my price range at Rydell Honda Nissan in Grand Forks. When I walked on the lot I was nervous and Ryan (one of the sales members) came out to greet me and see if I had any questions. He answered what I had and we took the Grand Am for a test dirve. I liked how it felt and after driving a few others, I felt this was the best choice. We went to do the paperwork and I got nervous again since I had some dings on my credit, but Ryan assured me that they would be able to help me out. And he was true to his word. I really enjoyed not only working with Ryan but working with the company to purchase my first car. I would absolutely have friends and family go to Rydell's to get their cars after the service I recieved.

Worst dealership to deal with

by Paula from Rochester Michigan | March 19, 2013

Sent them an email early in the day and I asked them a few questions including that if they responded I would be going that same evening to buy the car! No response at all throughout the day Poor and ridiculous Customer Service, I wonder how they benefit the Veterans as they claim?

good car

by car person from kansas | February 19, 2013

good vehicle ,reliable transportation , comfortable and smooth ride dealer not so reliable not a good company to buy from

worth the money

by jdaldav from Virgina | February 13, 2012

I purchased my grand am almost brand new in 2001 with just 6,000 miles..It now has 177,000 miles and has proved to be reliable under the hood. The only "major thing" to have gone was the fuel pump..I have had this car for 11 years now and it is not great interior wise (knobs falling off, button on gear shift falling out) but for the little hiccups it has been a long term car.

Best Car We Have Ever Had

by car lover from Beckley, WV | October 13, 2011

My mother bought this car in 2001 and used it for work. 5 years later she let my dad have it. 5 years later i find out they are giving me this car when i am 16. Best car ever. It's sporty, safe, good transmission, good steering, good brakes. The interiors are great. I HIGHLY recommend this car!

best car I have owned!!

by Hairless Monkey from Big Rapids, MI | October 8, 2011

I bought this car back in April 2001. It had over 12000 miles, so it was basically broken in. I changed the oil to Mobil 1, fully synthetic. There have been minor issues with the car. Changed the head gasket at about 160000. A/C went out at about 230000. Other than that, no major issues. The transmission is just starting to go out, but this car is still running strong at 233000. This car handles beautifully in various types of weather from snow storms in the rockies, to torrential downpoars in new england. It handles the lake effect snow up here in Michigan like it was made for it. Some rust is showing up on the body, but after ten years, it is suprising that it didn't sho earlier. I have no complaint about this car, and it has worked so very well throughout the many years that I have owned it.

engine sucks

by grandma race car from alberta canada | August 18, 2011

hard on suspension, lifters got screwed, more engine problems. In winter its so low to the ground you will rip off your front spoiler (saw that on a ton of cars) Unless you have the GT model the engine is hard to work on/ will cost more money in labor to fix

drive vehicle before buy.

by sport car from crown point in | December 22, 2010

good car. The best car, used, I have ever had before.I will recomend the same car to everyone. It is awesome.

Totally happy with our Grand Am

by Retired Trucker from Shamokin Dam, PA | July 23, 2010

Bought it in 2003 used with 46,000 miles on it. Since I was on the road a lot wanted a reliable car for my wife to get around in. The Grand Am has not let us down and other than regular minor service and fair wear and tear items has not cost us any grief (or money). Good fuel mileage, decent traction in winter (and that's 7 PA winters, folks!!). Our college student daughter has "taken over possession" of this vehicle and she'll fight us tooth and nail if we ever want to replace it. She'll carnap it and run this baby til it needs dentures!! And we feel perfectly safe with her driving it. We would wholeheartedly recommend this car to anyone.

great car

by Jim from Ocala, FL | April 17, 2010

great car for any one. a few mech issues with all models. they are a one time fix then you dont need to worry about them agin.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Am