2003 Pontiac Grand Am

Available in 7 styles:  2003 Pontiac Grand Am 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Great Small American Car

by Another Olds Guy from Massachusetts | June 29, 2014

Bought this car used in 2008 with about 53k on it - great second car for a starter family. Not the roomiest car, but it is a compact after all. Good on mileage, and with the proper upkeep, you can go years without any repairs needed. Had the V6 which helped with New England winters, but watch out, this car can slip in really bad storms, but even after plowing into a snowbank it still didn't affect the car at all. Finally had to give it up around 135k because the transmission cut out completely, but it was my own fault for not having it checked around 100k - learned my lesson there! Would hightly recommend to anyone needing a comfy commuter car!

great

by grand am lover from litchfield, il | September 20, 2013

i bought my car in 2003 it was a leased car before that other than some minor repair ie water pump, thermostat ect I have had no problems with this car. I have found that it does take some tlc to keep it going well but I have given it that. this is not a car that can be drove hard and put away wet. it does run like a champ with 1500,000+ miles on it.

Wonderful

by rscar from PA | May 22, 2012

I have 2003 Grand Am GT V6. 3.4 L Ram Air. Absolutely love it!!! It is my Dad's old work car. Has 493,879 miles!!!! On an 03 and it still runs like a charm!!!

The Best

by kam from Lombard | March 5, 2012

Very very Nice and Reliable Car , Shape and Design very cool . When you are on the road nobody catch you because of Pontiac Grand AM.

Car died and left me stranded 3 times.

by schuser from Fredonia, Ks | January 31, 2012

My husband let me drive this car for a year and it died on me three different times. I drove about 120 miles each weekend and put over 2,000 dollars into the car constantly repairing and maintaining the car. We had to completely rebuild the engine, fix the hoses more than once and finally fix the starter. The most expensive car I have ever driven. The seats are super comfortable and when the engine is running properly it's great fun to drive.

good car

by turtle from stuart fl | October 29, 2011

we bought our 03 grandam new 8 years ago, 75,000 kiles it has been a good car. only issues was fuel pump, however for the first 3 years the car had alot of bad gas run throught it. i4 ecco tech is good motor but car is slow and somewhat under powered however 30mpg on the high is worth the slower car. the car been driven throught just about every thing you can think of from north dakota blizzards to fl hurricans, and the finsish still looks great

Piece of Garbage!!!

by CanadianBoi from Calgary AB | September 6, 2011

I have had my car for about a year now, was bought used with only 98000km. Through the past year I had put over 1000 dollars into just fixing the car. The windshield wwiper arm breaks very easily and costs around 300 to fix for a used arm since they do not make pontiac parts anymore. Second, for over 6 months I have had a problem with the dashboard lights as the "service vehicle soon", "trac off" and another light kept on coming on. It has been fixed after 500 dollars but kept on coming on after being fixed. Antoher problem I am having is that the signal light clicker noise continues clicking after the canceling of a turn or putting the turn signal stick in the off posiion. I have read many othe reviews and have noticed many have had the same problem. For a first car, it has taught me a lesson to never buy a pontiac or gm brand again, as the construction of the vehicle is POOR. I do not recommend a pontiac to anyone. As well, the pontiacs have low seating and have very large blind spots.

Next best thing to a trans am

by Nick from Toledo, OH | August 6, 2011

I really love this car since purchasing it 6 months ago, really gets up and goes and all I have to do is put gas in it, never had any problems.

Piece of junk

by Grand Am from San Diego, CA | July 29, 2011

This car is nothing but trouble. In additional to hard to find parts, terrible engine design, the securtiy system shuts the car down, preventing it from starting. You must wait ten minutes before starting again. The seats are almost on the ground. Don't buy this car, it is a money pit.

GrandAm GT

by skier 1972 from Waunakee, Wi | January 31, 2011

Solid ride, great add-ons including Monsoon stereo system, good mileage with a V-6 of 23 MPH, is a one owner (my girl friend) she bought it new and I purchased it from her when she needed a 4X4 vehicle... I've owned it for almost 6 years with very little maintenance.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Am