1994 Pontiac Grand Prix

19 city / 29 hwy

Overall

Eventually It Wears Out

by Student Owner from Middlebury, VT | April 20, 2010

This was my first car and I have had it for two years (since 2008). While it is sporty-looking and powerful in the beginning, I soon ran into trouble with this car. Most irritatingly, I have had to have my driver's door fixed several times for being stuck shut, shut open, or requiring a contortionist's skill to open it. My dad used to have a car of the same model and year and he had the same problem. Recently, the engine began acting up and the overdrive will not kick in when it needs to. This is very disconcerting, especially during long trips. However, despite its recent problems, I think that this was a good first car for me. It handles incredibly well and did great in the winters of Vermont. When the engine was fine, it was very powerful. If you are considering this car for purchase, I would suggest that you have it thoroughly checked over before you make your final decision.

230,000 miles plus!

by Derek from Michigan | July 21, 2007

My wife bought the car with 7,000. We put over 223,000 miles on the car and it still ran great. The only major problems were with the front end ( I had to replace both A-arms and both cv joints, but we had to drive over poorly paved railroad crossings to get to our house.) The only parts I replaced under the hood were 2 coil packs and the water pump (after 220,000 miles!) I love the styling and the car just ran great!

Likes this car

by Prixo Gronde from Willard, Ohio | June 8, 2006

I really like this car. we have one with over 165,000 miles. It is still going pretty stronge. The parts are preatty good priced. It's comfortable and reliable. Handles really good. Turns on a dime.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Prix