1995 Pontiac Grand Prix

19 city / 29 hwy

Overall

this beauty won't die :)

by Karissa from Ontario Canada | March 7, 2014

after i got my license when i was 16 i bought a 1995 grand prix, at the time it had 170 k on it. 7 years later i still have this car and it has been a very reliable car. it still has original motor and tranny. the body is in great shape but it never was drove in winter for a couple years. their have been few minor things ive had to repair door handles ive had back luck with them and ive had to replace mufflers and exhaust but nothing really expensive. i would recommend this car to anyone my mother also had the same car and she made it over 300 thousand and motor went.

Best First Car

by Typical Wisconsin Driver from Wisconsin | January 27, 2014

I bought my Grand Prix in 2002 as my first car. It came with 58k and now im getting rid of it at 158k. Everyone I know is impressed that I still drive it 11 years later. The engine itself has always been reliable. I did have to replace an altinator, the transmission, a head gasket, and exhast pipes - (salty roads take their toll on all cars). Those repairs were all several years apart and still cheaper that replacing it. My Grand Prix has outlasted the first car of almost all of my highschool and college friends and would recommend it as a solid first car for anyone.

Not the greatest

by Timmy K from | December 27, 2013

ive had this car for about 2 years. im in love with it but ive but way to much money in it. Ive replaced the door handles twice. put new alternator in it. had to put in a new intake gasket, radiator, practically rebuilt a rebuilt motor, put every penny and dime in it. it still dies and leaves me stranded

Awful just god awful

by N/A from Wisconsin | July 9, 2013

When we first got the car it was fine, but then the problems began: The tires would constantly go flat The headlights kept burning out The car would struggle to get upto speed A piece in the transmission broke so you could only go as far as OverDrive & Now the Taillights keep filling up with water

Great Car.

by The Grand Prix from cedar city utah | February 22, 2013

Great Car. Roomy. Fun. Great Looking. Very Nice Handling. Fun. Nice Option For a 1995. Fun. Fun. Fun.

Car is reliable

by Ghost girl from Tn | October 5, 2012

Very good car small end maintenance , still runing like a champ, recently upgrade the car with cold air intake also has the gt package. Had the car for two years.

GM rush job

by Blender from Philadelphia | November 7, 2010

Great looking car and very comfortable seats. Unfortunately, the electronics in this car, at least mine, is terrible. In the shop 11 x's in one year. Engine stop for no reason on the turnpike, wipers stop in mid action, locks unlock with ANY GM key fob, headlights with a mind of it's own, the list goes on. Bought this car off the showroom floor with much excitement only to be let down.

Love my PRIX

by ChiTown GTP from Chicago,Illinois | August 26, 2009

I purchased this car for my 17 year old son. He's not really thrilled with it but I can say it"s a great value, looks great and RUNS like a beast. Great MPG for a car this size is a bonus. Needed brakes and suspension but a great car.

Very reliable

by My 1995 Grand Prix from Canada | February 24, 2009

Well, I have to admit, this is one reliable car. I've had it for 4 years now and it just won't quit!!! I do get parts from the scrap yards sometimes and the parts salesman there says these engines are very tough, and I believe them!!! The 3.1 Liter is the best engine GM has ever done. I've had no issues so far. I beat this car to and from work and it is tough as nail. That's why there is still so many of these cars on the road. Just replaced all the brakes on it and the suspension is starting to go. Hey, it's 14 years old!! It has always started and overall is a good car.

'95 Grand Prix SE sedan

by Southerner from Charlotte, NC | September 8, 2006

I like my Prix. I've had it for 6 years now, for this being my first car, it holds up well. I put it to the test the first two years, I ran it rough. It lasted so I knew it was a keeper. Last year I added a performance chip and got dual exhaust, to boost the HP from 160 to 183. Even with the boost, it still manages 28 MPG.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Prix