1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

$668–$6,904

Overall

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by CountryRose from West Valley Utah | September 3, 2014

I recently purchased a 99 Grand Prix GT and out of the 3 other cars I've owned (94 Saturn SL, 98 S-10, and a 98 Monte Carlo) this is the nicest car I have ever owned. With the recent passing of my beloved Monte Carlo due to an infamous Utah driver, I was looking for a car that would get up and go when I needed, cheap to maintain, reliable, and good on gas. Then I remembered my friend back home and remembered the only car he has ever owned was the Grand Prix GTP and after talking to him about it I settled for the GT instead (not wanting to pay for premium gas all the time) and I haven't regretted it since. It handles like a dream and it sounds so good even with stock exhaust and the heads up display? That is so freaking awesome! Makes driving so much safer since you're not looking at the speedometer every now and then. So if you're looking for a good reliable and safe car I would definately recommend this car

Fantastic

by Bigman from Livermore Falls, ME | May 18, 2014

It has great power and is very reliable. Gas mileage is not great but it does have a V6 and needs it. I've had mine for about a year and definatly use it kinda hard and never had a problem. Great first car for and person.

1999 GRAND PRIX GT FOREVER

by PUNISHERGTO from Kansas | May 3, 2014

I bought my 1999 Grand Prix GT 3.8 (no supercharger) when it had 110,000 miles on it. It now has 275,000 miles on it & runs great! Body is a little bit rusted underneath (Nebraska/Kansas car) but engine/trans/heating/cooling all work great. Put a $100 AC compressor on it last year, it blows 36 degrees with an outside temp off 99. This car will never die, will still jump up on 100 mph like nothing, smooth as glass. 20 mpg city, 27-30 highway! It drives 70 miles a day no problems EVER. Yeah, it's that good!

Grand Prix GT Coupe

by Motoring enthusiast from Des Moines, IA | April 21, 2014

This car is excellent. It's not expensive to maintain or own, the 3.8 V6 even without the supercharger has plenty of power. Definitely very fun to drive! Mine is getting close to 200k so I will have to start replacing struts and whatnot but that's typical with any high mileage car. Otherwise other than basic maintenance ive had no problem with this car. The only thing I don't like is the dashboard. It looks fine, but its made out of flimsy plastic that looks and feels cheap. Overall though, comfortable, looks good, and is fast and decent on gas. Would buy another any day!

A PERFORMANCE BARGAIN!

by Car Buff from Rochester NY | March 16, 2012

These cars are great for anyone who appreciates a decidedly sporty vehicle that is also quite comfortable and practical. Four people can travel in exceptionally roomy comfort and the trunk is surprisingly large for those road trips you will want to take! For the price, I cannot imagine a car that s more fun to drive and has amenities like a good stereo, heads up display (available). It handles well and has very respectable acceleration. For those like me who want "more, the supercharger pulley can be swapped out fairly easily for a substantial power increase. All-in-all, a very fun car to own and drive!

2000GT What a Great Car

by JimG from Cleveland, OH | August 17, 2011

My wife originally bought our 2000 Grand Prix GT in 2002 with 28k on it. She wanted an SUV so I happily inherited it (We traded in my 2004 GTP for that SUV!!) I've been driving the 2000 GT for 4 years now and it has 176,000 miles and counting. We have religiously maintained this car and it has more than returned the favor. Although we've replaced wheel bearings, a couple power window motors, and a few other non-routine repairs, this car STILL runs great. GM did a great job with this 3.8 V6. It's a really comfortable car-my commute is 82 miles a day. I've owned a couple Nissans (240SX and Maxima) and a Chevy Lumina LTZ besides the 2004 GTP. From a maintenance cost perspective, my 2000 GT blew the others away. Repairs were needed less, and they were less expensive. Overall this may rival the Maxima for the best car I've owned. I'll probably trade it in soon for a newer upgrade, but someone is going to get a great old car that still looks pretty good. Believe me, if you're thinking about buying a new Cobalt or other small 4-door, do yourself a favor and check out a slightly used Grand Prix. You'll thank yourself later. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

Grand Prix

by Anthony from longisland new york | August 4, 2011

I bought this car for about $3000 from a guy who was going into the marines. It had 119,000 miles at the time of purchase. I only had the vechicle for about 14 months and i put in a radiator, front struts,tire rods, tires, headlights a battery a radio front and back breaks and rotors and the regular oil changes.Also the front end had other major problems and made loud cracking noises when accelerating and the the body trims are falling off and the paint on the back is peeling after regular waxings. I put over a grand into it. Finally in the end the motor siezed at 127,000 miles so i only got 8000 milles out of it. Im all my 23 years of driving this was the worst car ive ever bought. DO NOT BUY A GRAND PRIX!

Best Car I've Ever Owned!

by gpgt from Oswego, NY | May 4, 2011

Had it till almost 200000 miles. The body was rotting away and it wasn't drivable anymore but other than that the engine and transmission could have gone on until the end of time. Great car!

gtp

by red from somerset, pa | February 11, 2011

very roomy, very fast, cheap and easy to mod, plenty of room for the family nd plenty of power for the man

1999 GTP

by jerrysalley from somerset, pa | September 3, 2010

3.8 supercharged. put an open air filter on and really hear the supercharger whine! TORQUE MONSTER! lol. fwd. spins very easily! fast. handles well. A dumb "u-bend" in the exhaust needs straight piped. very fun to drive! alot of features. very roomy. big trunk. a grocery getter than can beat your average car! easy and cheap to modify and/or fix. minor maintance. never left me stranded!

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Prix