2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Available in 3 styles:  2004 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Couldn't ask for a better first car!

by Collin from Coldwater, MI | November 7, 2014

Dad drove the Pontie 5 days a week, 100 miles a day for 10 years for work. In thag time, it accumulated 260,000, it is now at 264. The body looks sharp and sporty without so much of the added price. The 200 HP pulls the 3,400 lb car at above-satisfying levels. The interior is extremely comfortable with its HUD and is unusually spacious for a mid-size. The trunk is also massive, by the way! This ol' girl has had it's PCM fettled (shift points have been moved to about 5,500 RPM), but is otherwise stock. No major repairs, with replacing the water pump being the biggest thing. The transmission does have a good amount of slips, but is in need of being flushed, and the PCM may contribute. However, the slips have been going on since 80k, and haven't gotten any worse. What an excellent car! Definitely one of the greatest vehicles ever offered by an American company.

The best car I have ever owned

by GPGAL from Kelowna, B.C, | November 2, 2014

The car was two years old when I bought it in 2006. I have spent nothing on upkeep other than oil changes, occasional servicing and a new battery ( after the dash screen warned that the battery was getting weak). Oh well, it was 10 years old. It has both a cd and tape player which is great for me. It handles well and has enough power to pass safely on the highway. It has been very reliable. I would recommend this car to anyone. I doubt if I could have found any other car that could have performed as well.

2004 Grand Prix M&F Auto Sales

by Paula Grand Prix from Alb, NM | October 17, 2014

Just purchased 2004 Grand Prix from M&F Auto Sales! 10/17/2014 Love the car good experience! Worked with Lenny Lopez

Outstanding car for the money

by GrandPrixFan from Erie, PA | August 13, 2014

I've had my '04 Grand Prix GT for 5 years now. It had around 75k miles when I bought it, and I'm now over 130k and you wouldn't even know it had so many miles on it based on how good of shape it is in. Even after 10 years and all of those miles, this car just keeps on chugging along. I've never needed any major repairs or had a major breakdown. This car is comfortable, reasonably fast/sporty, and cheap to own and maintain. On the highway, it is a quiet and comfortable cruiser. It has more than adequate acceleration to make sure you never get in trouble if you need to quickly change lanes. In the city, it handles stop and go traffic just as well as other more expensive cars. The interior is basic, but there's nothing wrong with that in this price range. I'm a taller man, and I have a decent amount of legroom and hedroom in the driver's seat. The only modification I've made to the car is to replace the stock stereo with a touchscreen Pioneer deck. Adding it gives the car a touch of modern gadgetry that it lacks (I can connect my phone via usb cable and it plays my tunes). The only thing I don't care for is the transmission. The four-speed slushbox feels sluggish at times, but this is a really minor concern. If you're looking for a cheap, reliable used car that is also comfortable, stylish and quick, then this is the car for you.

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

by PontiacGirl from Atlanta, GA | March 27, 2014

I am 17 years old and got the Pontiac Grand Prix as one of my first cars and im extremely impressed. I got it when i was still 16. Mine happened to be supercharged which i absolutely loved more than anything. i love racing. Recently i got rear ended and it got totaled but i miss that car more than anything. it only had about 115000 miles on it but i never had any problems with it ever. I might of complained about gas because of the way i drive and when i had extra weight once i put the sound system in. If you want a good car pontiacs are the way to go. I am now looking at getting the grand prix GXP with the V8 when i had a grand prix GTP V6 supercharged

My '04 GP will be my son's 1st car!

by FLSportsCarChick from Tampa Bay, FL | January 27, 2014

I bought The Beast, as we lovingly call my 2004 Grand Prix GT in 2005. We call her The Beast because we are celebrating 250k together! I bought the car with 28k on it so the miles are all my own. Being a long-time Mustang 5.0 driver (got 250k on that one before I sold her as well), I wasn't crazy about an automatic but I wanted a bigger, more luxury-type car that handles like a sports car. The GP does. For sure. I'm not great about maintenance, but I've always kept the oil changed. That's about it. All told, I've replaced a water pump, the elbow hose twice (now they make it in aluminum so never again!), and the alternator just last week. That was the first time. Everything is factory and some stuff has died...the regulators in both rear side windows, the CD player, power mirror on drivers side went kaput when I hit a pylon at the bank machine...the Beast doesn't like stop and go traffic, she starts shifting hard. Mechanic told me at 140k that I'd need a tranny within 10k...what does he know? My 16 year old son is helping me shop for a car so that he can assume the Beast and he is thrilled! He grew up with the car, knows all of its idiosyncrasies and what will need to be done cosmetically to make him happy. He learned to drive in my GP and respects the fact that, even now, 250,000 miles and almost ten years later, I'd drive it until it refused to move if he didn't need a car. Besides, I deserve a new one :-) Best vehicle I've ever owned and I trust this one with my son's livelihood. She starts every single day and will get him safely to a job, so he can help pay for his insurance!

2004 GP GT

by Pontiaddict from North Carolina | March 24, 2013

I bought my 04 Grand Prix GT 6 months ago. It had 125k miles on it and I have already put an additional 10k on it. I LOVE this car. It has some get up and go and handles like a dream. I get 24-28mpg depending on how I drive that week, and the truck is big enough to get lost in. What's funny about this car is that is everything I did not want in a car when I was shopping around. Mine is silver- I didn't want silver anything. It was a V6, I wanted a 4 cylinder. I didn't want a Pontiac for personal reasons. It had more miles than I wanted too. But after I test drive, I fell in love and the with the mpg inline with what I was wanting, it was a done deal the minute I buckled in. 6 months later I couldn't be happier with my choice. I recommend one of these babies to anyone who wants fun and economical, & yes it is possible with this machine.

04 Good Car

by Bfly1971 from USA, IN | December 20, 2012

After driving a Mustang for years, I had to change vehicles and decided on a Grand Prix. I've had the Grand Prix for about 3 weeks now and I really like it. It has good pick up, I love the heated seats and the moonroof. The radio does have some lighting issues that seem complicated according to the internet but it does work and that's good. It is 8 years old so I expect some things to not be perfect. We did have to put in a water pump & an elbow hose for coolant. It does seem to hesitate when you start it and seems to want to die but not a big deal. It drives nice and I'm pleased.

best car I ever have

by first pontiac from san antonio, tx | September 5, 2012

Me and my wife loved this car since the first day we bought it, the performance, fuel economy, space inside the car, everything. this car is being with us for more than 4 years, without any major problems, beside regular maintenance, and 3 set of tires

awesome car for the money

by chevelle lover from IOWA | June 4, 2012

Bought this 2004 Grand Prix GTP for my daughter for a college car. It gets decent mileage(24 town-28 highway) as long as she keeps her foot out of the supercharger. Love the styling, handles very well with the 17's it has on it. My daughter loves the heads up display and the heated seats. The stereo is very good and don't even have to upgrade the speakers for her. All in all we both love the car. Been a Pontiac family since my DAD bought his first one in 1939-very sad to see them get deleted by GM.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Prix