2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

My First Car

by College Student from Southwest Virginia | April 23, 2014

This car was my first car, though I have driven other cars, I found the car very reliable for my needs. I am a full time college student who lives off campus, and I average driving 50 miles daily in this car and with regular maintenance, this car has been very good for me.

Grand Prix

by FastStrongOak from Columbus Ohio | March 11, 2014

This is a great car. It was one the best cars I've had. It a shame Pontiac went out of business they are one of the most unique look cars.

2005 base model Grand Prix

by Steve's Garage from Tucson, AZ | February 22, 2014

I own 3 Pontiac's, this is the car used as my daily driver and I am the original owner. During the course of owning the car I have only had 2 problems that I had to take back to the dealer for repair. #1 The gas cap went bad, gave me an indicator light on the dash. #2 One of the round dash vents cracked as was coming apart at the seam. The car now has 60K miles and as never had an issue. Mileage is impressive 22 city average/ 29 mpg highway at 75 mph (speed limit here). I wish GM did not kill Pontiac, it's the best daily driver I've ever had! My only regret.....I wish I bought the sunroof.

Best experience purchasing a car ever!

by Mom from Delphi, Indiana | November 30, 2012

I purchased this vehicle from Josh at Vektor Motors, LLC, located in Carmel, Indiana. I have purchased many vehicles over the yeaars and I will have to admit this was the most easiest purchase I have ever made. There was no pressure either. I drove 70 miles to purchase a vehicle for my daughter from Josh vs. purchasing from two or three local dealers. I found Josh to be very honest and upfront. He honored a price quote over the phone on my trade in. I would recommend is services to anyone and the next time I'm shopping for a car, I definetly will call him first!

This has been a great run with my 05 comp G

by Addicted to speed from Houston, TX | November 17, 2012

Bought my baby new in 04. One tap on the gas and I was hooked. Probably didn't need to spring for comp g, but I’ve been using technology for 8 years is still ahead of the curve. (Me: Tap shift, HUD (which like the guy earlier said is out, but inexpensive to fix, just time consuming) Wife: heated seats and dual climate control. In sales, anything other than a sedan is a risk. I shudder to think of telling a senior executive that would like to join us for lunch “let me get that seat for you.” That being said I’m continually on the quest for the perfect sedan. 8 years and 103,000 miles later I’ve looked at Cadillac CTS, BMW 335, and Infinity G37 and have come to the conclusion that none motivate me enough to leave my Comp G. Only thing I did was upgrade the factory radio to a Kenwood double din (with integration into the steering wheel controls) Added 2 x JL slash amps and a sub enclosure with dual 10” JL subs in the huge trunk. More than enough room for 2 sets of golf clubs. Hardwired a radar detector up by the mirror nice and clean. So with GM (government motors) in all their infinite wisdom selecting Buick over Pontiac I’m in a quandary. My history: 1974 Le Mans, 1979 Trans Am (with the bird), 1994 Grand AM, 1999 Grand Am Ram Air GT, and 2005 Grand Prix GTP Comp G. Loved them all. I will never own a Buick. My decision: I will drive this car until I am forced to buy something else and for the first time in my life I am pretty sure it will not be American.

The best american car for the money

by Cash Money from Moss Point, MS | February 8, 2012

I will keep this short and simple my wife and i have owned a 1997 Grand Prix SE for three years now and have only had to replace the serpentine belt. It has over 200000 miles on it. GM did it right with the 3800 class of motors! Naturally i am lookling for another Poniac Grand Prix or Grand AM just the best car for the money!!!

A Whole Lot of Fun

by Raptorsmasher from Rocklin, CA | February 7, 2012

I recently purchased my GXP from a private party in Southern California. The second I got behind the wheel, I knew this car was for me. With 303 horsepower (5.3 V8) and a whole lot of torque (323), one gets a lot of bang for their buck. This car is both comfortable and fast, and she has a sweet purr out of the exhaust. I have seen many reviews speak of the front wheel drive torque-steer as if that were a major issue. Believe me, it's not. For your dollar, you can't go wrong with this car. One final issue is the gas mileage. If you put your foot into it most of the time, you will get 16 mpg, but if you feather it down the highway, 25 mpg is the average.

Silver Bullet

by calexander from lufkin, texas | August 20, 2011

I have enjoyed my car. I purchased my 05 Pontiac used with 89000 miles, now she has 132000 & still going strong. I have never done any major repair work on her; just the usual oil changes/tune ups.

Best car on the planet

by Dahveed from Flint, mi | July 31, 2011

This car is one of GM's finest! I bought this 05 gt used with 98k miles. The only maintenance I've done is a tune up and oil changes. She still runs like a top, even with my now 114k miles, and I'm confident I'll keep this car for at least 200,000 miles more.

Reliable great car

by Average Car Driver from South Bend IN | June 6, 2011

This was my first car, I bought it new and it's been great. No major problems, it had a little work needed after about a year but the warrenty covered it w/ no cost to me.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Grand Prix