2006 Pontiac GTO

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2006 Goat

by Woody woods from Junction City, KS | November 28, 2013

This will be my second, last generation GTO. I recently totaled my 2005 at the race track. I had to have another one. In my opinion the GTO is the most muscle car value for the money on the market today. They come only one way, loaded with power everything and leather interior. They are comfortable, powerful, and have potential to be a straight up street brawler. With a stock 400 HP 400 Ft LBS of torque LS2 they are great out of the box but with a few modifications like cam, intake, headers the LS2 engine is easily capable of over 500 crank horsepower and over 460 wheel horsepower. I know I did it with my 2005. The 2006 seems quite a bit tighter suspension wise than my 2005 even with upgraded sway bars and polyurethane suspension bushings. It has the optional 18" wheels. I haven't really looked under the car yet to see if anything is aftermarket or modified on the suspension. I just know these cars are excellent quality, have loads of power potential, and are pretty easy to modify. I love mine, again, and I would recommend a GTO to anyone looking for a great, top quality, muscle car at a great price.

buying my 2nd gto

by 2nd gto owner from Cleveland, Ga. | September 20, 2013

After having my 1st 2006 gto totaled by a drunk driver, took a month to locate another. They are great cars with very unique styling (how many of these do you see on the road compared to GT mustangs), tremendous performance and (in my opinion) the most comfortable interior of any GM car. My first one had 95K miles with nothing outside of wear and tire items except a water pump change. Gas mileage is great for something with this much power, and like other performance cars, it requires a bit more maintenance than normal. You will go thru tires, gas.......but with a big smile on your face every time you push the gas pedal. Oh, by the way, last year of the GTO, Pontiac is gone, and only 14000 of the 2006 were made (in Australia)....can you say future collector classic!!!

Very fun and fast!!!

by Goat from Cedar grove , nj | August 12, 2013

It's a great car with excellent pull and style! This car has things you wouldn't expect and is ahead of it's time... The only thing that is difficult is the shifter

06 GTO

by Priusalso from Newtown Square, PA | February 11, 2013

Beyond expectations, reliable, understated, sleeper. I live near a Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren dealerships where you can get a better car for 15-20 times the price...but you better push the pedal hard so you don't get shown up, and that is before inexpensive mods!

Sleeper to msot

by PONTIACDude from bel Air, MD. | February 11, 2013

I drove several of these cars long before I bought my Midnight Blue Metallic 2005, 6-speed. I read so many vintage GTO guys downing them when they came out, I say now what I said then. DRIVE ONE! these cars are a great bang for the buck used. You can find a nicer lower mile example for a great price. the styling is subdued, understated, and does'nt scream FAST CAR to the unknowing. Performance of the 400H.P. LS/2 is very sweet. And these cars respond well to mods. I think my favorite part is the interior comfort and handling. Some of the best seats of any car I've owned. Hope this helps for anyone on the fence about buying The LAST PONTIAC true MUSCLECAR!!

wow what a car

by bb from | January 23, 2013

have a 06 orange gto did header cat back 18s some big tires runs like scalef dog and make mustangs and vettes sorry they enven looked at it

best car gm ever made

by girlymon from orlando fl | September 10, 2012

sweet ride, superfast, great control w/ fat tire posi, not too bad on gas - measured 20 mpg twice. I verified that absolutely no street car needs a spoiler.

sorry I let it go

by RJ from Illinois | June 12, 2012

2 1/2 years ago, bought a 2006 black GTO...after test drive...fell in love with car...pictures do not do this car justice...it really looks good up close and in person.....last year,because of some money issues ,had to sell it...I've had Camaros,Vettes,etc....absolute best car I've owned!...the fastest,too... I WILL be looking for another '06 GTO within the next year....miss that car!

don't want nothing else except maybe ssr

by gazpipe from sacramento | November 12, 2011

I only mention the ssr because it has the same engine. Heard this is the best engine gm ever made. Most people want something else within a year and I can't think of any other car I want. I just love my smokin fast gto, its amazingly fast and has a nice roar too.

What's not to like?

by Whiningdawg from The Dalles, OR. | September 1, 2011

Spice red (more like candy apple), black interior, 400hp, 18 inch wheels with a ride of comfort. Absolutely fast, yet understated. Performance wise, Pontiac got it right. Unless you've driven one, you cannot fully appreciate the thrill of when power grips the road.

Featured Services for this Pontiac GTO