2005 Pontiac Montana SV6

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6
Available in 4 styles:  2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 FWD Extended Passenger Van shown

Overall

I like my minivan vey much

by amy from MD | June 24, 2013

I bought a 05 montana sv6 a year ago, it drives perfect, no problem at all, it is strong and kids like the DVD, we all like this van, it is all wheel drive, I dont worry about the snow time.

Fine Mini Put 140,000 miles on it.

by tom from St.Louis Mo. | January 30, 2013

Put 140,000 mile on this van and an still driving it every day. It was hard on the first set of front brakes and rotors but replaced them at 52,000 and had no other problems.

Pritchie's Pontiac

by Pritchie from Marion NC | September 10, 2010

Overall very satisfied with the car. Ergonomics of the driver's seat leaves something to be desired. Armrest is too low, doesn't support my arm at all. Seems to be made for shorter people. I'm a six-footer. Engine is powerful and responsive but has a real task in hauling around this 3500 pound vehicle.

Basic Minivan

by Car Guy from Downriver, MI | September 3, 2010

Decent minivan the best thing is the price. Don't expect a world class van. If you're set on GM products get an Uplander or Terraza and get the 3.9 engine, the 3.5 is underpowered. Cons: Not much storage space in both the front (there's no console and small glovebox) and very small cargo area (door intrudes on what looks to be usable space).

Great family van

by Mini-Van Dad from Nebraska | July 21, 2010

Owned this van for 5 years now. After reading previous posts, I have had to replace the front sway bars, also the breaks at 40K. Tires at 50K. Of course I drive it like a truck at times and not a mini-van, plus live near gravel roads, so I anticipated the upkeep I have experienced. Overall this has been a GREAT van for me and my family. No problems hauling the kids or my wood projects. Kept it clean with two kids, normal stains and wear and tear after 5 years, but it still cleans up nicely. I have also experienced the "hard starts". Was told by GM same as everyone else. And listening to other GM cards starting in parking lots, it appears this is a "normal" GM occurence. Never was unable to start the van. On cross-country trips, had no problems with comfort. Family always was confortable, and the kids loved the DVD player. I would recomend this van to anyone looking to get a mini-van.

The worst

by advia from Connecticut | August 14, 2009

-cloth seats stain badly with just water -both front sway bar links fell off -battery at 60K miles -front brakes and rotors(warped badly) -sliding rear doors quit-pulled the fuses -rear seat removal will give you a groin problem -steering wheel radio controls quit -emergency brake linkage got loose -underpowered 3.5 V6- have to pull it out of overdrive constantly -doubt the xmission will go 100K miles

Uses car for Towing

HORRIBLE VEHICLE

by Karrie from Ringsted,IA | July 16, 2008

I absolutely hate this van!We bought it used and for what I paid for this thing it is horrible. I had problems with the alternator 4 days after I got it. we have had the upper intake replaced,sway bar,front and rear brakes at 65,000. We have had problems that the techs can never "duplicate". The van starts hard and they informed me that it is supposed to do that,and we have had horrible problems with the radio and sliding door.

The worst vehicle we have owned

by Snowy from ON | April 30, 2008

We bought this van new, and from the first week we had it, we had problems. The horn would not work, so it was replaced, the sway bar was replaced. It took three turns to get the engine fired up , took it to the shop they said it was supposed to hard start. The sliding door either refuses to close or reopens when closed. Replaced the front brakes and had to resurface the rotors at 40,000 kms. The rear back windows have to be manually closed. The cd player refuse to go past the 7th track. The info button on the radio works periodically. The seats are uncomfortable. And the list goes on!!!!

I can't wait for my next car

by Baldjogger from Cleveland OH | January 15, 2008

The van is basically OK.But for what I paid I expected more than OK. It has problems trying to start when it is hot. Brakes wore out quickly and the rotors warped. I agree with the other poster that if the faric get wet with clean water, it will stain.

"SAVE YOUR MONEY DO NOT BUY FOR LOOKS"

by CCB from HOUMA, LOUISIANA | June 26, 2007

MY SV6 HAS BEEN IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT MORE THAN 15 TIMES. SLIDING DOORS OPENED WHILE DRIVING , THE AC WENT OUT, THE AUTOMATIC DOORS NEVER STAY SHUT AND THATS HORRIBLE WHEN IT RAINS BECAUSE THEN THE SEATS GET ALL STAINED. I HATE THIS VAN!! TRYING TO GET THE DEALERSHIP TO BUY IT BACK.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana SV6