2006 Pontiac Montana SV6

2006 Pontiac Montana SV6

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 FWD Extended Passenger Van shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

very reliable

by love that vsn from Georgia | October 6, 2013

Very good so far , I enjoy the room it has for the family. I also enjoy the alerts that it lets me know about.

One of the best cars I have owned

by Sportsman from Sandwich, IL. | November 12, 2011

I purchased the car used with low mileage. The price was reasonable for the van. I never had any problems with it. It was very dependable, comfortable, and very good gas mileage. Usually about 18 mpg over-all and 25-26 on a trip. This is the second Montana I have owned and now am looking for a 2009 Pontiac Montana.

Good car for the money

by Love Bug from Ambridge,PA | September 24, 2010

we have had great success with our Montana. Sorry they stop making them. would buy another one. Lots of room in the mini van,smooth riding

Overall Happy

by Drakba from Buffalo, NY | March 25, 2010

We are no stranger to mini-vans. We have 5 young children (from 2yrs old to 10yrs), so we are rougher than the average buyer. First minivan was a Honda. Have no idea why they get the rep for quality. everything inside fell apart. Turned it in before lease was up to go to a honda pilot. Still not happy with it's quality. Next Minivan to replace the honda was a 2006 chrysler town and country. Boy, Chrylser really let it's quality go down the drain. Numerous drive train problems, numerous electrical problems, and internal plastics kept breaking. Even though it had a very low residual value, I would not buy it for fear of not having the bumper to bumper warrenty on it. I then purchased the Montana SV6 FWD used (2 years old), started with 35k on it. Had to replace the rack and pinion almost right away, and the front wheel bearings. I expect to sink $1k into any used vehicle to bring it up to snuff, and that is what it cost me. The driver side window keeps slipping off the track, and the passenger side door handle trim keeps slipping off, but I can deal with that. Now, at about 77k on it, the rack went again, and the power steering pump is starting to make noise. I'll expect another $1k worth of repairs by next year. Considering it is paid off, I don't think $2k worth of repairs total in 3 years is a bad investment. Things wear out, and this is a heavy beast. Economy is about the same as my old town and country, but it feels like a caddie inside. Rides nice and smooth, kids have lots of room, they love the dvd player and rear air. The wife is happy with it, since it feels like a SUV, and she feels very secure in it. I think I will end up keeping it for several more years. As long as you maintain this correctly, I think it is a excellent value. One word of caution. This is a front wheel drive, not all wheel drive. Get REAL snow tires if you live up north. I am from Western New York, and I got 4 blizzak tires, and it is sure-footed, and nearly unstoppable. Without them, I would not let it on the road in deep snow.

Spelexilh

by Spelexilh from Vancouver, BC | August 5, 2009

Not a bad vehicle, own a 2006 and have had problems with the transmission,never shows it when i bring it into the dealer, as usual, back wiper quit working, cup holder under radio broke right away, gets fixed but wrecks as soon as you use it.

wonderful for family comfort

by dave v from lansing mi. | March 20, 2009

I was looking for an SUV to hold my family of 5 in comfort, but I looked at the Pontiac van and It had everything I needed. It does what I need better than I thaught and the whole family loves it. I wish they would continue building them. Next purchase will have to be a Traverse or one of the other new GM SUV,s because I definately will stay with GM.

Great for the family

by method-dad from Corvallis, Oregon | January 14, 2009

It is very spacious and with the quad seating I am able to seperate the kids. Very easy to install carseats. The automatic sliding door with remote, is very handy. Dual sliding doors make it convinient. The DVD player is great for the kids to watch a movie, each with wireless headphones so driver and front passenger can still listen to music.

Reliable so far, some annoying problems

by Momthetaxi from Middletown, Ohio | July 28, 2008

I wish I had done better research prior to purchase! So far, this car has been "reliable" but we have already had a fuel sensor replaced (25k) after it ran out of gas twice. The power door started dinging the night we brought it home from the dealer. We couldn't figure out how to make it stop because the door looked closed...after opening and closing it a dozen times it finally stopped. The interior fabric stains if you spill water on it... Not good with 3kids. Sometimes when I get in and start it my radio indicates on but you can't hear anything...no volume. I have to turn the radio off and back on for it to work. Sometimes the rear automatic window button doesn't work when I first start it. Then it will work again later... ??? Can't figure it out... But after reading some other reviews I'm thankful that this is all we've had go wrong! With only 35k on it, I'm a little worried about down the road!

Love my new luxury Mini Van.

by Ambergris Fan from Whitehall, PA | March 7, 2008

Pros: I love my new car! It looks like an SUV, functions like a minivan. I love my heated seats, and the ease of carpooling. The kids love the room and the adjustable seats. Videos (and room for the dog) are a life saver on long trips which happen pretty often with out of state family. Power side doors are a life saver with a baby. Cons: I love not having to fill my car with CDs. However, I sometimes have trouble finding the music I want to listen to becuase the Phatnoise systems is kind of complicated. This complexity renders my steering wheel audio controls almost useless except when listening to the radio. Too bad we can't get a power rear door like my sister's Town & Country.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana SV6