1999 Pontiac Montana

Available in 3 styles:  Montana Passenger Van Base shown
$489–$5,953

18 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Decent car for the price and year

by Montana purchaser from Okeechobee, Fl | May 24, 2011

Have had a good experience so far with the vehicle i have purchased. My kids love the room of a van. Thanks for offering the vehicle online

Low Mileage Vehicle

by Two time owner of Pontiac Montana from maryland | December 22, 2010

I don't like to report things that aren't positive, but think it is important for prospective buyers to know what they are getting into. When the motor went on our 1999 Montana we thought it was a fluke. It was perfect as a family van and cargo van (seats come out easily). But, when we received word that the motor went on the 2000 Pontiac Montana we bought one year ago to replace it, I was convinced that these vans are not reliable. We've spent tons of money keeping these vans on the road only to be disappointed once again. You can count on about 150,000 miles, beyond that, count your blessings! Good luck!

Wish they still made Montanas!

by Van Guy from Maryland | April 13, 2009

I have a 1999 Montana - extended. It just got hit by a guy going 50 through a red light. I had a completely full (25 gallon) tank and was hit just behind the rear drivers side wheel (and the gas tank). I barely felt the impact - just got spun around 270 degrees. With 117K, the van is a total loss (but I'm still able to drive it!). The sport suspension package made this van fun to drive and man did it handle the road. With seating for 8 (a pioneer for it's time) this van was SO convenient. Could even roll my full-size tandem bike inside without removing a wheel. Downside was having to replace the transmission (under warranty) at 4K miles. It was just starting to act up again, but I won't be having it looked at now after the accident. Removable seats are very convenient, although a bit heavy. Not hard to move/remove/carry and gave lots of seating options. Mileage (until recently) on my Montana was amazing. 17 MPG city/32 Highway (no typo!) Traction control worked great, too. ABS came in handy when we lived in upper midwest. I'm looking for another van now and have yet to find anything that handles as well as my Montana (not even new Toyota, Honda, or Dodge).

Montana-not!

by Woodchuck from Syracuse,NY | February 23, 2009

With 114,000 miles on it, I can not complain to loudly. First & toughest problem was erratic loss of power. After several trips to mechanic he decided to check device that monitors engine rpm. When pulled he found an intermittant ground due to worn insulation. New cable solved problem. Next was leaky gasket (a $700 repair). I put Lukas block sealer in and 20,000 miles later-holding fine-no leak. Transmission has a dead spot before catching. Been like that for 30,000 miles. When tranny goes, the van goes! AC, radio & cd player never worked properly. Woodchuck

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned

by Sports Car Enthusiast from | January 31, 2009

Major problems with engine , trans, electrical, paint. Cooling system problems from day one. Air conditoning stopped working and ca is overheating.

Featured Services for this Pontiac Montana